Elvas Tower: Cruise control - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cruise control Rate Topic: -----

#141 User is offline   jtr1962 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 22 February 2022 - 03:55 PM

View PostWeter, on 22 February 2022 - 03:53 PM, said:

Modern ones- yes, but bunch of 70-80 dated locomotives -doubtfully.
The same issue is actual for real-life variable-frequency drives.
For reducing that oscillation they have two adjustments.

I would guess they use some sort of PID algorithm.

#142 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 22 February 2022 - 04:04 PM

PID is available as well (I have just never tweaked that yet), but what I told about are gain coefficients and speed loop stability.
There can't be universal preset, so we should adjust that, according to concrete mechanism, as every of them have

For this case, it's more essential, that those locomotives hadn't a ground radar yet, but used some type of axle speed of rotation sensor (mechanical or electrical)

#143 User is offline   jtr1962 

• Fireman

Posted 22 February 2022 - 04:27 PM

It appears that StartReducingSpeedDelta functions like a gain coefficient. Very low values start reducing power long before set speed is reached. Very high ones don't reduce power at all until you're very close to set speed, sometimes resulting in overshoot. So we would need another parameter for speed loop stability.

#144 User is offline   Weter 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 22 February 2022 - 05:17 PM

Indeed for both of Your statements above: not overshoot only, but longtime-fading oscillations of speed/TE
Adjustable stability reference is needed.

#145 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 23 February 2022 - 07:28 AM

I have done a short test with the AEM7 905, changing set speed from 90 mph to 60 mph.
This is the force diagram when the 60 mph have been reached
Attached Image: CC.jpg
In fact the speed drops to 58.8 mph and then slowly increases to 60 mph. The tractive force oscillates for some seconds (about 5), but the effect on the speed display can't be seen, that is speed increases to 59,9 mph and then to 60 and stays there.
I'm sure the algorithm can be improved, but I have another project in mind in these days, so for the time being I will devote few time to this, but could return to this later on.

I don't think that passing from WheelSpeedMpS to SpeedMpS to control speed is correct for most of the existing trainsets, at least in my country.

#146 User is offline   jtr1962 

• Fireman

Posted 23 February 2022 - 11:00 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 23 February 2022 - 07:28 AM, said:

I have done a short test with the AEM7 905, changing set speed from 90 mph to 60 mph.
Attachment CC.jpg
In fact the speed drops to 58.8 mph and then slowly increases to 60 mph. The tractive force oscillates for some seconds (about 5), but the effect on the speed display can't be seen, that is speed increases to 59,9 mph and then to 60 and stays there.
I'm sure the algorithm can be improved, but I have another project in mind in these days, so for the time being I will devote few time to this, but could return to this later on.

I don't think that passing from WheelSpeedMpS to SpeedMpS to control speed is correct for most of the existing trainsets, at least in my country.

I get something similar. For now a fix is to just use StartReducingSpeedDelta ( 10 ). That results in minor oscillations at low speeds, or with a short train, but most of the time there are no oscillations.

#147 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 28 February 2022 - 03:04 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 23 February 2022 - 07:28 AM, said:

Attachment CC.jpg

Is a question of braking forces that you can pick up from loco's manuals, so, adding a real power tractive bracking force, with real values, can improve that, howewhere, in our italian Locos is an improvement that autors have to do in order to update the .eng files, so we can have a real braking diagram forces like real situations

#148 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 March 2022 - 03:46 AM

Hello!

I am trying to implement the CC on one of my trains which in reality has this control, and 2 simple questions arise:

1st: Is it possible to implement the acceleration percentage control in a two state ON/OFF control so that when pressing it the acceleration is 100% and when pressing it again it is 0%?

2º: The Manual that is in http://www.interazio...isecontrol.html indicates that the list of triggers of sounds for the controls is in an xls file, but after downloading it, I do not see that list. Am I doing something wrong?

I take this opportunity to congratulate the CC development team for Open Rails, these things improve the simulation a lot! Thank you very much.

#149 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 10 March 2022 - 04:03 AM

View PostVAPOR3D, on 10 March 2022 - 03:46 AM, said:

2º: The Manual that is in http://www.interazio...isecontrol.html indicates that the list of triggers of sounds for the controls is in an xls file, but after downloading it, I do not see that list. Am I doing something wrong?

Well, I have already found the Sound Triggers tab in the xls. Thanks anyway!

#150 User is offline   VAPOR3D 

• Conductor

Posted 11 March 2022 - 06:02 AM

Hello again.

I still haven't managed to make the sound triggers of the CC controls work, but to find out a little more about the whole system, I have translated the parameter sheet in Excel to Spanish, in case it is useful to the speakers of this language, I attach it here:

Attached File  Parámetros Control Crucero OR.xls (36.5K)
Number of downloads: 230

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users