• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OR NewYear MG Rate Topic: ****- 4 Votes

#411 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:39 AM

Rev. 49.1 is out which solves the problem.
Up to rev. 47, when the autopilot flag was set, the Evaluation Data for the player train weren't collected, even if defined in the Evaluation options page and started with F12.
Starting from rev. 48 it is possible to collect such Evaluation Data also when the autopilot flag is set. However, the crash occurred when passing to autopilot during data collection, if among these data there were the gradient and the brake cylinder pressure.
This is now fixed.

#412 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:57 AM

View PostNickonWheels, on 15 January 2020 - 06:36 AM, said:

Hi folks.

Is there some progress about the advanced friction calculation I´m trying to work on (look out for thread if you dont know), though it not got off the ground quite yet...
If it could be working one day hopefully it would definately be something to consider including?

Nick

I'm sorry, but this is not a Monogame related issue. You should continue in the thread you mentioned. In general I don't intervene in physics, because there is another active OR developer which works on this.

#413 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:23 AM

Rev. 49.2 is out, which solves this http://www.elvastowe...s-environments/ .

#414 User is offline   NickonWheels 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:28 AM

I'm sorry, but this is not a Monogame related issue. You should continue in the thread you mentioned. In general I don't intervene in physics, because there is another active OR developer which works on this.

I know but seemingly nobody else is up to this subject as I already tried many times, so I try to move on anyway...

#415 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:13 AM

View PostNickonWheels, on 17 January 2020 - 09:28 AM, said:

I know but seemingly nobody else is up to this subject as I already tried many times, so I try to move on anyway...

Hi Nick,

While I can appreciate your enthusiasm - you're coming on like gangbusters around here... ORTS has been under development for more than a decade - many of us remember release #1 when the trains couldn't even move... Over the years - ORTS has made steady methodical improvements - always pushing the ball forward - due to the tireless selfless efforts of the Development Team... I think you mentioned trying the other flavors of Train Sims and given that - even with its shortcomings - ORTS has by far some of the most advanced physics on the market - at least in the steam locomotive category which is my niche... Good physics are one of the cornerstones essential to my enjoyment of a train sim - so any improvements in this area are most welcome... It seems as if you're getting a tad frustrated - just have patience and attempt to move the ball forward in small increments - if you're just starting out in coding... You seem to have a wealth of knowledge to share - you're obviously not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty - so I hope to see you in this for the long run...

Regards,
Scott

#416 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:10 AM

Rev. 49.3 is out, which solves two windows problems when at full screen:
- mouse vertical pointing problem when Fast full screen-Alt-tab option is not selected
- problem of visible task bar when at full screen with Fast full screen-Alt-tab option selected (see http://www.elvastowe...post__p__254845 ).

#417 User is offline   NickonWheels 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:32 AM

While I can appreciate your enthusiasm - you're coming on like gangbusters around here... ORTS has been under development for more than a decade - many of us remember release #1 when the trains couldn't even move... Over the years - ORTS has made steady methodical improvements - always pushing the ball forward - due to the tireless selfless efforts of the Development Team... I think you mentioned trying the other flavors of Train Sims and given that - even with its shortcomings - ORTS has by far some of the most advanced physics on the market - at least in the steam locomotive category which is my niche... Good physics are one of the cornerstones essential to my enjoyment of a train sim - so any improvements in this area are most welcome... It seems as if you're getting a tad frustrated - just have patience and attempt to move the ball forward in small increments - if you're just starting out in coding... You seem to have a wealth of knowledge to share - you're obviously not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty - so I hope to see you in this for the long run...

Thanks, Scott. I really needed this to cool down.

Indeed it´s sometimes hard to appreciate improvements when experiencing numerous setbacks before. I would be happy if my part on coding can make the difference even only on a private version, if only a little bit. Even though I have no practical experience on coding I do have a certain understanding of physics and logic of the obvious. That´s why I´m trying to modify the friction calculation so anyone can insert what seems to fit. Of course this may be a bit hard to imagine but today I can only hope that it can be done at all.

In other respects I´m surely here for the long run as to hopefully be able to make content some day. Right now I´m only moving along the most reasonable way at hand.

#418 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:59 AM

Hi Nick,
have a look at your thread within Answers, Tips & so on.

#419 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 18 January 2020 - 11:52 AM

View PostNickonWheels, on 18 January 2020 - 09:32 AM, said:

Thanks, Scott. I really needed this to cool down.

Indeed it´s sometimes hard to appreciate improvements when experiencing numerous setbacks before. I would be happy if my part on coding can make the difference even only on a private version, if only a little bit. Even though I have no practical experience on coding I do have a certain understanding of physics and logic of the obvious. That´s why I´m trying to modify the friction calculation so anyone can insert what seems to fit. Of course this may be a bit hard to imagine but today I can only hope that it can be done at all.

In other respects I´m surely here for the long run as to hopefully be able to make content some day. Right now I´m only moving along the most reasonable way at hand.

Hi Nick,

Sounds good !
:)

Enjoy your time here !!!

Regards,
Scott

#420 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 19 January 2020 - 07:42 AM

A Problem that i have is that ORTS closes automatic, when i use WebServer after 30 to 45 minutes.

This was just on moment i wakeup my cellphon where Chrome was open with HUD information.

second pc was login to Webserver to on Opera browser.

On moment of automatic close , train was stay at siding platform.

• 205 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users