Elvas Tower: Air Brakes - Additional Features - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Air Brakes - Additional Features Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:39 AM

With x3614, i get no brake activity when using minimal reduction start? The problem does not occur in x3613!

Edit-
Also, the application rate of the brake pipe is very fast compared to other notches. All other notches except emergency, use this parameter -

'TrainBrakesControllerMaxApplicationRate'( x )

It appears the 'Minimal reduction start' notch ignores this setting? This is using x3613, as i cannot get any reduction using 'Minimal reduction start' in x3614 to test the application rate.

Thanks

#62 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:45 PM

View PostCoolhand101, on 27 August 2016 - 09:39 AM, said:

With x3614, i get no brake activity when using minimal reduction start? The problem does not occur in x3613!

This should be corrected in #3615

View PostCoolhand101, on 27 August 2016 - 09:39 AM, said:

'TrainBrakesControllerMaxApplicationRate'( x )

It appears the 'Minimal reduction start' notch ignores this setting?

I am not 100% certain what you mean in the second part of your post.

When the driver puts the brake into this position, a single one-off pressure reduction of approx 6-8 psi is made. I understand that this is an almost instantaneous change.

#63 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:28 AM

View Poststeamer_ctn, on 27 August 2016 - 11:45 PM, said:

This should be corrected in #3615

I am not 100% certain what you mean in the second part of your post.

When the driver puts the brake into this position, a single one-off pressure reduction of approx 6-8 psi is made. I understand that this is an almost instantaneous change.

I would not say instantaneous, but it took a few seconds for the brake pipe to be deducted from say 72.5 PSI to 66.5 PSI. The above parameter controlled this rate of brake pipe deduction along with all the other 'apply' brake notches apart from emergency, which has it's own application token.

Thanks

#64 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:20 PM

Ok so how should look those parameters. I ask becouse there is som lag beetwen speed od F5 BC info and gauges are or to fast or to slow. I think that those parameters are to tune. But what number to add. MaxReleaseRate( 0.95 )
MaxApplicationRate( 0.51 )

#65 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:30 PM

I just want to know why BP & EQ are at same speed rate where BP is all set but BC are still setting up moving. BP can't be the same speed rate or faster then EQ unless unit is solo by itself as well as application release rates for the BC.

#66 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:52 AM

Why BC manometer (gauge in cab) shows only locomotive pressure not whole train. When I set braking manometer jumps in but in F5 still BC pressure is building. In my opinion BC gauge should work on same speed as F5 reading. Right now its loco BC not whole train.

#67 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:43 PM

View PostFablok, on 30 August 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

Why BC manometer (gauge in cab) shows only locomotive pressure not whole train.

In real life, the only BC pressure reference information available on the locomotive is from the locomotive BCs, as there are no air pipes directly connecting the wagon BCs to the locomotive. Thus the current state of the wagon BCs is invisible to the driver. It can be calculated based upon the current train pipe pressure, which is visible in the locomotive.

Thus strictly speaking the F5 HUD shows some information that is normally invisible to the driver, but is useful to operating the train. The BC gauge in the cabview appears to be correct in that it is working off the locomotive BC pressure.

This can be confirmed by studying the piping diagrams of different types of brakes.

#68 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:44 PM

steamer_ctn thank you for reply :) Question is it normal that after coupling string of static cars you must press initialize button ? Becouse on earlier type ob brakes in earlier revisions of OR you did not have to press initialize button.Normally I couple cars , coupe air pipe , realise handbrakes and everythin was rolling. Now it looks like on this screen. Copupled cars respond only after initialize button is pressed.

http://wstaw.org/m/2016/09/01/Open_Rails_2016-09-01_10-35-00.png

#69 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:21 PM

View PostFablok, on 01 September 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

steamer_ctn thank you for reply :) Question is it normal that after coupling string of static cars you must press initialize button ? Becouse on earlier type ob brakes in earlier revisions of OR you did not have to press initialize button.Normally I couple cars , coupe air pipe , realise handbrakes and everythin was rolling. Now it looks like on this screen. Copupled cars respond only after initialize button is pressed.

Yes I have experienced this same scenario on occasions, I think that it has been the case at least since v1.1, but I have never investigated it in detail.

Does is it only occur when coupling to static wagons? With all static wagons?

#70 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:26 PM

Yes. Only recoupling of Yours consist cars does not have this problem. Rest static have it.

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users