Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:52 AM

Here is fix: http://koniec.org/ts...SRE5_v0.647.exe

#292 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:58 PM

View Postluque91, on 24 October 2016 - 02:43 AM, said:

when I load a wagon of the "Treno Notte pack" ( http://www.trainsimh...oad.php?did=233 ), I have a "send/don't send" window and crash to desktop. The TSRE version is the 0.6191

0.6191 is old .. try new version. Works fine for me:

http://i.imgur.com/DjPb33Y.png

#293 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:54 PM

View PostGoku, on 30 October 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

Goku,

Is this suppose to be the fix for the issue I reported in the previous post? If it is, there is nothing in the file that can be used, no executable

Edward K.

#294 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:24 AM

WAT

http://i.imgur.com/ZSFBjSb.png

--
Yes. It is fix for your issue. It is only an update.

#295 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 31 October 2016 - 02:00 PM

View PostGoku, on 31 October 2016 - 01:24 AM, said:

WAT

http://i.imgur.com/ZSFBjSb.png

--
Yes. It is fix for your issue. It is only an update.

Goku,

I am doing too much. For some reason I thought this was an archive versus an actual executable. :goodnight:

Edward K.

#296 User is offline   luque91 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:10 AM

With .648 also works fine for me. Thanks Goku!

#297 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:47 PM

Goku, in another post someone mentioned that Open Rails will accept a path to the directory shown in .con files. I've not checked that out myself but if it is confirmed then allowing an option to include that path would be a nice feature in your consist editor.

Many of us have many \trainset directories, often unique, but largely the directory list is redundant. Routine inclusion of the path in the .con file would open the door to consolidation of some, much, maybe all of that.

Because everybody does things differently I think the only safe way to implement this would be to let the end user toggle the feature off and on as he moves thru one to many source directories.

For myself, I'd empty out all of my \trainset of rolling stock folders and use an organized central library instead set up in a very customized tree, but that's me. Everyone else will have their own approach.

I do know moving around to several source directories is different than how th4e code currently works... but please give this suggestion some thought.

#298 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:56 PM

Can you explain it in more details?
For me, different trainset paths in .con files are possible only for read only applications.
For editing, I think only acceptable solution is to have one custom trainset path for all .con files.
I think better is one custom trainset path defined somewhere, than in every .con file.

#299 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:35 PM

View PostGoku, on 16 November 2016 - 05:56 PM, said:

Can you explain it in more details?

I'll try.

The problem almost everyone has when we use miniroutes is duplication of .wag and .eng folders. Perhaps it's using up too much disk space, perhaps it's keeping all the copies identical, perhaps both. But it's a problem.

We use miniroutes, in part, as an organizing tool. I started using them as a means to reduce the mess of my trainset and \consist folders.

To date the only solutions have been to give up your miniroutes entirely or to segregate the routes therein by country (or continent) so there is no overlap at all.

And so to rephrase the issue in purely technical terms it is this: it is too hard to build any directory level environment that will resemble third normal form while avoiding the KUJU solution of placing EVERYTHING in one directory tree. It can be done with symbolic links but it would require a very large number of them and unless you backup the instructions creating those links each time they change you risk losing a whole lot of work if your disk gets funky.

What might change this is adding paths to each directory listed in .con files. A couple of us are experimenting with various forms of a central library where the is a tree structure based on the types of cars and locomotives, and then presenting individual folders of that library to the miniroutes. I'm doing that with symbolic links. Bernard is using path statements in the .con file. Both us us are trying to solve the same problem.

As an alternative (IMO inferior to end user but superior for the software) is to provide for more levels of directories within \trainset. BY this I mean instead of having n folders from a payware vendor we'd create one folder, perhaps using the payware vendors name, within which are all of the various folders he created for his products. The .con file would then allow directory trees but only when found in \trainset instead of anywhere.

If you think of this in DBMS terms it is as if we had n physical tables (the master files) and are using view statements to present various subsets to the end user (what is made visible to each miniroute), each side of which are designed specifically for the purposes needed.

Which brings me to the state of the software, both your .con editor and OR itself. OR has taken a step to a better way of doing things by allowing a path statement to be used in the .con file. IMO it would be much better for readability if the string prefix to the final directory name were a token (where the full path for each token is recorded elsewhere in another file so if the tree changes there is only one place one has to go to make changes) but perhaps that's an ideal situation as it isn't necessary for proper functionality... the prefix string could be as long as necessary and it'll work.

Then there is the consist editor. Right now the software appears to be limited to looking for .wags and .engs in one place only. But if the .con file can hold paths the question to consider is what would it mean for your editor to look in many places?

That's the question I'm asking you.

#300 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:54 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 17 November 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

But if the .con file can hold paths the question to consider is what would it mean for your editor to look in many places?

It would make huge mess while editing consists. Which patch to use for editing consists. Which to fill the eng list?

It is easy to make ONE custom trainset path. Why it is not good solution for you?

• 46 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users