• You cannot reply to this topic

Dorset coast v6 - Severe trees on tracks Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:26 PM

Thanks for your work on this one Carlo.

Ran a short test with version 3. Loader Process times are much shorter, I have travelled all the way through the problem area on Dorset Coast 6 and all scenery is present. There is however one small problem now, the patch is allowing trees onto the track in places where the previous patch cleared them. I have found two so far. I will run the full route tomorrow and see how it looks elsewhere.

#32 User is offline   R H Steele 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:44 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 06 December 2015 - 04:27 AM, said:

EDIT:- I don't think the System.IO.FileLoadException that Gerry has posted is the cause of failure to load a route because I get those when a route does load using this patch.

Probably true, Otto downloaded the patch and tested on the WP3 with an activity he named for the test run, the route loaded, but he had missing scenery and track - his results are posted in the Open Rails section of the forum, I started a thread about this over there.

His log shows the same entries that I had, but the route loaded for him. I'll download the new files and try again with the correct version. THANKS, Carlo and everyone else.

Edit: 8:38PM PST (USA) just got back on Sunday evening, checked in at TS and Otto is showing trees clearing on the Dorset, he said his eyes popped out!! :lol: Used the downloads for Ver 3360. Sounds like it is working Carlo, going to dowload the files and X3360 now, will probably have time to set up and run WP3 tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Nice work, Sir.

#33 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:49 PM

Well, I couldn't wait until tomorrow, so I did a run to the first set of trees, one directly on track, one very close on conductor side of cab
Both trees are present in OR stable V1.0, both are moved in X3360 with the test files applied....WP3 Sub now loads and runs fine.
No noticeable difference in fps - which is around 30 at this point in the route (I have it locked at 60) in either version, CPU stays at about 9 to 12% also in both versions.
Stuttering at tile loading actual appears less in X3360, in any case performance seems quite acceptable. Will finish run tomorrow.
Ran the activity in autopilot mode with time acceleration, saved and resume worked fine, dispatcher window worked.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: TREE.jpg
  • Attached Image: NO_TREE.jpg

Attached File(s)

#34 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:26 AM

This version 3 is definitely not removing all trees on tracks along the Dorset Coast route. I ran back to back comparison on the same path to check. Most are gone, those that remain are seen with and without the patch in the same places.

#35 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:18 AM

Thanks Mervyn,
I've found an error indeed. To solve it, I have asked for info in the developer's forum, as it involves XNA operations.

#36 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:04 PM

Waiting for a reply from experts I have attached a new tentative release of the patch in post #11.
If someone had time to check if the few remaining trees on tracks disappear with this release, that would be nice.

#37 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:17 AM

Tested version 4 of your patch on Dorset Coast. There are still two trees on track and about a dozen still very close, by very close I mean that the trunk part of the shape is right at the edge of the ballast or very close to it. Patched files were applied to X3360.

#38 User is offline   burgerbern 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:21 AM

Just a clarification, does this only work in activities? or can you run in explore mode and see this work? and i just realised why it is not working as i have the latest version which is X3337, that seems to be the latest on the downloads page at OR as well.

Edit just found X3363

#39 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:49 AM

View Postburgerbern, on 08 December 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Just a clarification, does this only work in activities? or can you run in explore mode and see this work? and i just realised why it is not working as i have the latest version which is X3337, that seems to be the latest on the downloads page at OR as well.

Edit just found X3363

I know you just found X3363 but for the folks that do not know - here's the link to the Open Rails - latest builds that James Ross maintains: http://james-ross.co...jects/or/builds

#40 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:08 PM

This feature works for all gaming modes.
To Mervyn: thank you again for your time. Well, it's a bit frustrating. I need to check personally on the Dorset Coast V6 route. Where is the fastest place to download it?
Can you tell me a specific path where I can easily find a tree on the track? And could you post here a screenshot of the tree too? Thanks

P.S. I found a place where I could do a fast download of versions 3, 4 and 5. So I only need to find the update to V6. Maybe the trees are there already on V5?

By the way the uktrainsim site is unreachable for me in this moment.

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users