• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dorset coast v6 - Severe trees on tracks Rate Topic: -----

#91 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:11 PM

Trees on tracks plagues another route as well. The NS Pokey atleast for me shows several trees on track in places.

I am thinking the earlier fix should be re-implemented as standard and just live with the framerates drop. Which is not all that noticable on a decent machine.

Robert

#92 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:40 PM

If you follow instructions included in paragraph 8.14.2 of the manual, no trees on tracks should appear.

#93 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:45 AM

View PostSP 0-6-0, on 04 May 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

I am thinking the earlier fix should be re-implemented as standard and just live with the framerates drop. Which is not all that noticable on a decent machine.

It wasn't the frame rates but the loading times which were severely affected. If someone can make the performance much better, we can re-evaluate but for now it's only going to be enabled by the route creator (and people editing the route files).

#94 User is offline   jamesc25313 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:02 AM

View PostSP 0-6-0, on 04 May 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

Trees on tracks plagues another route as well. The NS Pokey atleast for me shows several trees on track in places.

Robert

Disagree. No trees on Pokey here. Its been a welcomed change, although this route never really had any issue with trees on the track IMO.Not, saying there werent any, but now at least in my extensive running there havent been any since the latest fix.

#95 User is offline   Mike B 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:Mostly ORTS these days

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:04 PM

The Cripple Creek file in #67 above is a very useful template for fixing the tree thing. Thank You!! Per the instructions, I put it in an "Openrails" directory added to the route, name it the same as the route's .trk file, and edit the current route's .trk filename into it as the include source (with quotes if necessary due to spaces) and it just works. 1 minute of cut/paste/edit. Again, :sign_thanks:!

#96 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 08 May 2016 - 05:24 PM

JamesC, The version of the Pokey I run is a unreleased modified version from a third party. This version also includes the pokey scalerail and tree enhancement releases from 3dtrains and www.trainsim.com. As well as several other mods. Sadly, The fellow who was working on it has stopped and has no plans to continue the upgrading of the route due to the fact the terrain is not 100% correct since it was hand carved. I believe the pokey was not created with Demex if memory serves me correctly.

Robert

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users