Elvas Tower: Using a Tender Freight Animation to place loco Footplate Crew - Elvas Tower

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Using a Tender Freight Animation to place loco Footplate Crew Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:44 PM

Hi Martin,

Whereas the crew added as a FA to a tender disappear from (#4) view at about 15deg either side of perpendicular, if the focus of the camera is shifted from the engine to the tender the crew doesn't disappear (or at least in my tests so far).

This is a problem I noticed with the previous fix, and included it in a supplementary to my original bug report (1322334) on 10 Nov 2014. I didn't with this one and thought it'd just been a funny" with the earlier one. I've just done some more checking and I can confirm your findings. I wondered if it was something to do with the engine shape itself. but have discounted that by uncoupling it from the tender and separating them by a short distance; the crew still disappear for a few degrees. I don't know whether you think it'd be worth raising another bug report, but, personally, I could live with it :) Incidentally, you mentioned view #4 - all my checks have been done with view #2.

Cheers,
Ged

#42 User is offline   Brace_2011 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:18 AM

Hi Ged

I check with both #2 and #4. At least with #2 you can place the camera in such a way as to be able to see the crew. With #4 there is no such control, so the crew disappears and reappears as the engine passes.

But I, too, can live with what is now available. I am happy with the fruits of Carlo's efforts.

Martin

#43 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:37 AM

This is not a problem related to this patch or to previous patches. It's due to the small viewing sphere of the crew. To avoid this problem, decompress the .s file of the crew, and, e.g. for ccw_of.s, replace the last number of the first "vector" line with a 5.0 (it's the radius of the viewing sphere), as follows:
vol_sphere (
			vector ( -0.02658 2.24515 4.48556 ) 5.0
		)

and then recompress the file. For your commodity, I attach here the modified file.
Attached File  ccw_8F.zip (20.85K)
Number of downloads: 321

#44 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:41 AM

Topic pinned for future easy reference.

Cheers Bazza Moderator.

#45 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:03 AM

This is a question to Ged.
I found in the OR software that, in order for the tender animation to work, the max height has also not to be = 0.
I instead did not find this condition in the first post of this thread.
So my question referring to MSTS behavior is the following one: does MSTS animate the tender freigh animation if maxheight is = 0 and minheight is < 0?

#46 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:46 AM

Hi Carlo,
Thanks for prompting me by PM!! Sorry for my inattention!!

For the benefit (?) of others who may be reading this thread, this is a copy of my reply tp Carlo's PM :

By "maxheight", I assume you mean the first numeric parameter of FreightAnim and "minheight" as the second. If so, I can confirm that MSTS does not animate the fuel load in such a case, even though the second is arithmetically lower than the first. This is the situation I briefly referred to in my post #32.

Regards,
Ged

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users