Time table tutorial Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:10 AM

View PostRohit R Krishnan, on 26 July 2015 - 01:19 AM, said:

Ok...Sir...

Sir...Another better option is to read the entire route as in path editor with all traffic so that we can manually place consists as per desire. Also that will limit the expansion of time table excel file for big routes where the number of trains are more.

#22 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:41 AM

I think that what you are asking for is part activity and part timetable. Unfortunately they are completely different ways of doing things.

#23 User is offline   Lutz_s 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostRohit R Krishnan, on 26 July 2015 - 05:10 AM, said:

Sir...Another better option is to read the entire route as in path editor with all traffic so that we can manually place consists as per desire. Also that will limit the expansion of time table excel file for big routes where the number of trains are more.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. I think I understood, that you want to be able to place consists like you do it in the MSTS Activity editor. Right clicking on a track, selecting the consist and there you are. May be it is possible to add this to the trackviewer, so you can place your consists there and export it in some way to the timetable format. But how should this limit the expansion of the timetable? The timetable mode needs paths to place the consists, no matter if they are driveable or just static. So could you explain a little more what you are thinking of?

Rob wrote sometime ago, that he wants to add the possiblity to merge timetables, when running OR. Maybe you can have a timetable for the running trains and one for the static ones. By the way, you can do this already. Just create a timetable with your running trains and another one with the static ones. Then merge the two timetables into one and save it as your timetable you use to run the trains.

Lutz

#24 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:09 AM

Sir, What I meant is to enable track viewer in ORTS to place consists so that when that path is included in timetable that static consists will come automatically.

#25 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:28 AM

Also we must have provision to select the paths in timetable editor and add the static consists so that the added consists will appear in selected timetable only.

#26 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:29 AM

View PostRohit R Krishnan, on 29 July 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

Also we must have provision to select the paths in timetable editor and add the static consists so that the added consists will appear in selected timetable only.

That is already the case for any consist in any timetable unless you actually include the path and consist in another timetable.

#27 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:59 AM

[quote name='copperpen' timestamp='1438198167' post='186093']
That is already the case for any consist in any timetable unless you actually include the path and consist in another timetable.
[/qu

Kindly guide in adding static consists in a path using time table editor without allotting paths for them.

#28 User is offline   Lutz_s 

• Fireman

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:12 AM

You can't add consists to a timetable without a path. This path can be as short as point (start and end have the same coordinates), but you need one.
And if your previous post had the meaning, that a static consist path should only be appliable to one consist, then i have to say, that there will be no function in the timetable editor which will do this. I can't see any massive problem, which could occur, when you apply a path twice. Ok, one consist won't be visible, but thats not a problem (There should be only one consist on the track, so the second one can't be missing).

By the way, it would be much easier to help you, if you didn't only throw some words on the board. Some more explanation would help (me) much. (Ok, it might be a problem with the english language on my side as it's not my native language)

Lutz

#29 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:09 AM

In this case the only solution is that we must add an option in time table editor to extract the route path completely as in trackviewer and place our consists as per our wish...By doing this we can have static consists in our route.

#30 User is offline   Lutz_s 

• Fireman

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:04 PM

No. Use the trackviewer to create the paths. Beware of placing the static consists somewhere in the way of your other trains.

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users