Attached File(s)

#12 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:19 AM

View Posttimothyskinner, on 24 July 2015 - 05:37 AM, said:

Tutorial attached..

thanks Sir...It worked...But the timetable of entire stops is not seen while playing as in an activity...Also please give a tutorial on rake reversal...

#13 User is offline   Lutz_s 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:09 AM

@vince
Yes, switching and shunting have the same translation in german. Both mean "rangieren". In Timetable mode you can't deliver wagons to sidings or fetch them from there.
As keystoneaholic wrote most european countries have passenger trains and freight trains using the same tracks. So the freight trains need to run inside the timetable too. But it is only the start time needed to run the train.

@Rohit
http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150724/b7qfhzrd.jpg
Your rake reversal is a simple definition in timetablemode. It's called runround, which you define in the #dispose row. As you can see i defined two consists. They differ only in the reversal of the engine. I should have reversed the wagons too, but forgot that. You will only see this failure when you run the trains as player and compare them. If they are run in a timetable from morning to evening they will be in the right order.
My timetable does the following: The train starts in the yard and drives to the platform "Hafen". There it performs a runround and then drives to "NB Strand" where it performs another runround and returns to the "Hafen".
There are three main paths involved. You find them in the row #path. To perform the runround another path is needed. It runs from the end first main path to the begin of the second main path. The engine will uncouple from the wagons, run over the switch in front, change its direction, pass the wagons on the other track and then change its direction again and couple to the other side of the train. When you define this runround path, you should overlap it a bit with the oncoming and leaving paths of the train. The #dispose row means the following: form another train out of the current one ($forms), run the engine to the other side of the train using this path(runround), do the runround at time x:y (rrtime).

I hope, you can understand what i meant.

Lutz

#14 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:43 PM

Sir...I think you have addressed my issue which is

Regarding train reversal...If train no. 56387 from station A to station B reaches the destination B, and if it is to return to A after a certain waiting time, what we do in activity editor is a shunting option in such a way that the locomotive detaches itself from the rake and attaches itself on the other side of the same train. We can also create waiting points also...

So we need to define the intermediate path and enter it in the dispose command. Thanks.

Kindly help me with static consist placement.

#15 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:17 AM

A static train is just another train, and is defined in the same way as any other train.
So, you need a consist and a path defined for that train. The path is simply the track on which to place the train.
Next, you make an entry in the timetable just as for any other train, but here you have a choice.

If the static train is to be there throughout the full length of the timetable, set the consist and the path, and set the name to $static.
No need to define anything else (like starttime), that will all be handled automatically.

If the static train is to be placed sometime during the timetable, the consist and path must be set, as well as a proper name and a starttime. Also, set #dispose to $static as otherwise the train will immediately vanish again as it will have reached the end of its path.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#16 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:40 AM

So we need to create more and more paths for all the consists...In this case msts activity is better because dense consist placement is possible with ease.

#17 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:17 AM

It would be nice if trackviewer had a function enabling to place static consists and automatically generating the related short paths.

#18 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:18 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 25 July 2015 - 04:17 AM, said:

It would be nice if trackviewer had a function enabling to place static consists and automatically generating the related short paths.

Well said Sir...

#19 User is offline   Lutz_s 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:23 AM

Hi,

having trackviewer creating the path for a static consist is a good idea. Since we have that or an OR activity editor which helps us, I have added a function to the timetable editor, which reads the sidings from the .tdb and can create a path for each siding. These paths then can be used to place the static consists. Since the manuals for the timetable editor won't be published before next friday with the next testing version, I have attached them here.

You need OR Version 3205 to get the new functions.

Lutz

Attached File(s)

#20 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:19 AM

View PostLutz_s, on 26 July 2015 - 12:23 AM, said:

Hi,

having trackviewer creating the path for a static consist is a good idea. Since we have that or an OR activity editor which helps us, I have added a function to the timetable editor, which reads the sidings from the .tdb and can create a path for each siding. These paths then can be used to place the static consists. Since the manuals for the timetable editor won't be published before next friday with the next testing version, I have attached them here.

You need OR Version 3205 to get the new functions.

Lutz

Ok...Sir...

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users