• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Remote Control DPU units Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#71 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 28 October 2021 - 10:19 AM

Yea A, B, C etc are not single locomotives but controlling remote units an are MU connected to what ever units they attached to.

Scrolling the green bar to each different set to give them commands is fence up. So putting the fence down no green bar then every set will set to what the lead units command is.

There are multiple functions an performances a DPU has but linking, de linking or putting a DPU in setout mode are 3 options for communication retaining whether attached or not attached. Set out mode is when DPU will be left standing while leader or other DPU attached to leader are doing switching moves. De linking just removes a DPU from the group as linking is adding to the group.

#72 User is offline   akioyamamura 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 October 2021 - 10:48 AM

Csantucci, on 28 October 2021 - 05:33 AM, said:

Thanks Marek,
so I learnt the following from the video:
1) the fence is shown with the green vertical bar on the monitor;
2) A, B, C and so on aren't single locomotives, but the leads of every set of DPU units. (I hope I'm right here)

What I don't understand is how to set up more than a fence. If I read the ES44DC manual I see that in figure 49 there are two fences shown. Hovewer in the manual only front and back group are defined, and there are only the Move to front and Move to back commands. What would be the sequence to generate more than one fence, if you can only move DPU sets from front to back or vice-versa?

"2) A, B, C and so on aren't single locomotives, but the leads of every set of DPU units. (I hope I'm right here)" . That's right, Carlo! In the majority of situations you only link 1 locomotive per block of locomotives.

I read ES44 too, but in real life it doesn't have two fences, at least in Brazil. The lead locomotive controls every locomotive from the fence to the left. And the driver can control the others block from the fence to the right with the keyboard. It's not possible control a "middle block" separately.

https://www.youtube....qTcbnG6o&t=851s

At 22:45 the operator explain, unfortunately in portuguese, how the fence works. However you can see how the locomotive display works with the fence.

#73 User is offline   Diter258r 

• Apprentice
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 28 October 2021 - 02:25 PM

some videos about locotrol MU

https://www.youtube....GP7TQRdHQ&t=28s

https://www.youtube....h?v=6azh_quuyUk

#74 User is offline   superheatedsteam 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 29 October 2021 - 03:32 AM

From the Archives: World Record breaking train (2001)
https://www.youtube....h?v=Tz4djk6UaE0

AT 3:49 minutes you can see one of the screens on the lead AC6000CW displaying the DPU layout for the lead and 4 remote units.

Cheers,

Marek.

#75 User is offline   Diter258r 

• Apprentice
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 31 October 2021 - 11:19 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=jcqahSSu4YA

funções DPU

#76 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 09 November 2021 - 12:22 AM

Apart the ES44 driver machine interface for the DPU management, I assume there are other driver machine interfaces for other types of locomotives. Is there some other widespread type of DMI, and is it possible to see a picture for them?

#77 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 09 November 2021 - 12:57 AM

Here is an example of a different sort of DPU control, allthough in some ways it is similar.
This is a 1960's DMU, which could run in multiple upto 3 units.
The engines of these 3 units could be individually monitored and controlled from the leading cab.
This picture shows the cab layout, the three engine info meters are clearly visible in the middle :
link

And this is a picture of these units, running a test with 3 units when new :
link

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#78 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 09 November 2021 - 08:11 AM

Thanks, Rob.

#79 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 13 November 2021 - 10:15 AM

In ORNYMG 110 Distributed Power as originally implemented by Peter Gulyas (gpz) has been introduced. The very clean and powerful implementation by Peter (which I thank for the kind words) made me easy to import the code. I only changed the key assignment this way (i believe it is a bit more mnemonic and it uses less main keys):
- Move To Back -- Ctrl+Shift+O: Move one locomotive group to back (*async*) control group (fence to the left).
- Move To Front -- Ctrl+O: Move one locomotive group to front (*sync*) control group (fence to the right).
- Traction -- Ctrl+L: Switch *async* group to traction mode.
- Idle -- Ctrl+Shift+' (key two positions at the right of L): Switch *async* group to dynamic braking mode.
- More -- Ctrl+U: Increase *async* group traction or dynamic brake,
depending on its mode setting.
- Less -- Ctrl+Shift+U: Decrease *async* group traction or dynamic brake, depending on its mode setting.

A specific HUD page is used to display data.
Compressed info is shown also in the F5 Train Driving Page. The two numbers in parenthesis are the respective values of throttlepercent and dynbrakepercent for the locos at the right of the fence.
Attached Image: DistributedPower.jpg
I hope I'll have the time to add also cabview controls for this, which together with the multiple menu pages would enrich the cabs.

#80 User is offline   akioyamamura 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 14 November 2021 - 07:02 AM

Thank you very much and congratulations, Carlo and Peter! That's an unbelievable progress to OR. Looking forward to see the cabview controls.

Testing here I found some points to improve in the future.
1. Right after start the simulation I pressed W, D, Ctrl+Shift+O, then CRTL+L and Ctrl+U.
The async group don't keep the traction notch and remains in IDLE until I release the brake. You can see this happening in the video below:

video 1

2. When using the async, then go to sync mode and then back to async mode again, the notchs are "memorized". In real life when you go yo async mode, the remote group keeps the notch of the lead locomotive at the moment that you went to async mode. In summary the system don't have that "memorized" effect.

video 2

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users