• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Remote Control DPU units Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#91 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 15 November 2021 - 12:32 AM

About the fact that the async units don't go to traction if they are braked: in the code there is this condition
if (LeadLocomotive != null && (LeadLocomotive.Direction == Direction.N
                || LeadLocomotive.BrakeSystem.GetCylPressurePSI() > 20))
                DPIdle();

that is, if the lead locomotive has a cylinder pressure higher than 20 PSI, or if it has the neutral direction, the async units don't pass to traction. I have verified this, and it's so. Below 20 PSI cyl pressure, the async units pass to traction. Is this incorrect?

About train (air) braking in general: this is a delicate matter, that is managed by another developer, so I don't want to interfere. Maybe he is interested in the issues raised.

The "memory" effect bug fix is now present in ORNYMG 110.3.

#92 User is offline   akioyamamura 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 November 2021 - 07:48 AM

Csantucci, on 15 November 2021 - 12:32 AM, said:

that is, if the lead locomotive has a cylinder pressure higher than 20 PSI, or if it has the neutral direction, the async units don't pass to traction. I have verified this, and it's so. Below 20 PSI cyl pressure, the async units pass to traction. Is this incorrect?

It's incorrect. In this video the engineer uses DPU with full Cylinder pressure, 72 psi.

video 1

Some issues that a couple of friends and I found testing the DPU:
1) from 0:32 to 0:49, the engineer press "less power" and decrease from N1 to IDLE. In OR we cannot do that without using CTRL+L. It's possible enable the Ctrl+Shift+U to do that?
2) in the follow video, I press Ctrl+Shift+O, than Ctrl+L, and when I press Ctrl+U, the traction decrease to N1. In real life the system keep the traction/dynamic notch. In this case, the simulation would go to N7 to N8 when I press Ctrl+U.
video 2
3) all locomotives are displayed at specific DPU HUD page. I don't know if everyone agree, but to emulate the real system, would be interesting to display only the lead locomotive of each group.

#93 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 15 November 2021 - 10:03 AM

Try this patch over ORNYMG 110.3
Attached File  Orts.Simulation.zip (1.54MB)
Number of downloads: 231

#94 User is offline   PerryPlatypus 

• Fireman
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Access 1 Open Rails Forums

Posted 15 November 2021 - 11:19 AM

Csantucci, on 14 November 2021 - 08:05 AM, said:

So at this moment the middle group should keep N4, and the rear group remains at N2?
And what should occur if I press Ctrl+U? Should the middle group pass to N5 and the rear group to N3?

I'd certainly like to hear a definitive answer on this from experts.

I'm not sure I've seen a definitive answer to this question either: Can one of the experts confirm whether it is possible, in the real world, to have multiple fences set up, so that the engineer can control the head end power, mid-train power, and rear end power all separately (in other words, have multiple asynch groups)? As things are currently set up in the sim, it appears it is not possible to have more than two separate throttle settings throughout the train.

Btw, I agree that for the DPU Information HUD, information should only be shown for the lead locomotive in each set of power (this will really help de-clutter the screen on trains with lots of locomotives in each MU'd set of power)

A note to Carlos - Thank you very very much for pursuing this, it is going to be a HUGE improvement for heavy haul operations!

#95 User is offline   akioyamamura 

• Hostler

Posted 15 November 2021 - 01:00 PM

Csantucci, on 15 November 2021 - 10:03 AM, said:

Try this patch over ORNYMG 110.3
Orts.Simulation.zip

Made a big test here. I think that now everything is working as it should be. Thank you again Carlo!

PerryPlatypus, on 15 November 2021 - 11:19 AM, said:

I'm not sure I've seen a definitive answer to this question either: Can one of the experts confirm whether it is possible, in the real world, to have multiple fences set up, so that the engineer can control the head end power, mid-train power, and rear end power all separately (in other words, have multiple asynch groups)? As things are currently set up in the sim, it appears it is not possible to have more than two separate throttle settings throughout the train.

Talking to some engineers who work with DPU with 3 groups at EFVM railroad and Rumo(Brazil), is't not possible to control more than 2 groups. What you can do is set a mid or a rear group to IDLE and keep the fence between group 1 and 2.

#96 User is offline   Diter258r 

• Apprentice
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 15 November 2021 - 01:09 PM

akioyamamura, on 15 November 2021 - 07:48 AM, said:

It's incorrect. In this video the engineer uses DPU with full Cylinder pressure, 72 psi.

video 1

1) from 0:32 to 0:49, the engineer press "less power" and decrease from N1 to IDLE. In OR we cannot do that without using CTRL+L. It's possible enable the Ctrl+Shift+U to do that?
2) in the follow video, I press Ctrl+Shift+O, than Ctrl+L, and when I press Ctrl+U, the traction decrease to N1. In real life the system keep the traction/dynamic notch. In this case, the simulation would go to N7 to N8 when I press Ctrl+U.
video 2
3) all locomotives are displayed at specific DPU HUD page. I don't know if everyone agree, but to emulate the real system, would be interesting to display only the lead locomotive of each group.2

"I agree with the HUD suggestion. It simplify the informations and works like in real life

#97 User is offline   Diter258r 

• Apprentice
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 15 November 2021 - 01:16 PM

thanks to friend Csantucci for helping with this DPU issue, open rails is very realfirst test this morning

https://www.youtube....h?v=PuQlmtqanB0

#98 User is offline   william madona 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Opem Rails

Posted 15 November 2021 - 01:36 PM

akioyamamura, on 15 November 2021 - 07:48 AM, said:

video 1

video 2
3) all locomotives are displayed at specific DPU HUD page. I don't know if everyone agree, but to emulate the real system, would be interesting to display only the lead locomotive of each group.

Good afternoon. Really in real operation, the locomotive screens only show the lead unit of the distributed power, which has been linked to the locotrol. The other locos connected to each DP unit are via Jumper (MU) cables, and it is not possible to read these locomotives in the lead unit. If it is possible to fix this, we would be grateful!

#99 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 15 November 2021 - 05:34 PM

Yea its true you don't see all units in DPU operations especially on screen except the controlling linked DPU groups. Not only that but not every loco is DPU compatible so special ENG Parameters would permit what can link up. Perhaps to set a controlling remote DPU you would go in a F9 Tab an setup an link the DPU an its groups?

#100 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 16 November 2021 - 01:05 AM

william madona, on 15 November 2021 - 01:36 PM, said:

Good afternoon. Really in real operation, the locomotive screens only show the lead unit of the distributed power, which has been linked to the locotrol. The other locos connected to each DP unit are via Jumper (MU) cables, and it is not possible to read these locomotives in the lead unit. If it is possible to fix this, we would be grateful!

Please keep in mind, that the HUD is meant to be a debug screen for us, developers. That's why everything is visible there. If players need a fancy real-operation screen, probably that's a new issue, and a new development request.

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users