• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Remote Control DPU units Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#201 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 03 February 2024 - 04:33 PM

Looks like awesome stuff to look into an equipping DPU compatible NA units.

Had DPU train a while ago fail air test because con forgot to cut in air all the way through. Multiple times wasted in set out an normalizing modes to figure why train check an BP test failed.
Just tried this awesome new feature on my 18,000 foot 3x1Cx1 train in multiple ways and what a difference it made for units equipped and not equipped.

Great tests pass or fail involved:

BV/Out for leaks testing leader and each remotes different Trainpipe leak rate through out the train. Since no button feature to cutout brake valves I use Lap position in brake handle settings to simulate BP leaks.

Closed angle cock in between a short head end section sure proved the equiped remotes release/application charge and leak rates reached the gap. In the future need a train check option to see if leader BP pressure reaches the rear conventional.

Service rates and propagation showed a little difference and now it's safe to delete my special BP time factor inc files that temporarily speed DP trains BP to charge quick.

Since Propagation service rate for BP during service is 540 feet/s and during emergency reduction 930 feet/s what is the time factor really in psi/s even for BP time factors?

#202 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 04 February 2024 - 01:46 AM

Thanks for that. I will try out with HST later. (Same arrangement applies for Class90 + MkIII DVT and Class 91 + MkIV DVT).

#203 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 February 2024 - 11:34 AM

It works very well, both from powered locomotives and driving trailers.

#204 User is offline   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 05 February 2024 - 11:56 AM

Good that driving trailers are working, I haven't set up any cab cars in my install (everything I have is still using MSTS physics, so cab cars are 'locomotives') so I don't have much to experiment with. At some point I'll have to get around to updating the Pacific Surfliner stock to current standards so I have something different to work with.

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users