• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are we missing blended braking in OR? Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:11 AM

Still its brakes are uncontrollable in game. If no percentages, then how it's controlled? Stopping completely each time if braking needed? How the passengers tolerate this full brake/no brake thing? I don't think that's how it works in real, there must be some transition between full brake and no brake, also i don't think that such new locomotive needs minutes to release the airbrake.
As i wrote, blended braking won't show dynamic brake on HUD if there no dynamic brake controller defined(acela don't have), also the blending still respect the dynamic brake delay param, which is 10 seconds in acela, so the brake effect will appear in Service notch, 10 seconds after the activation.

See here https://youtu.be/K320HIdlpEk

I move the trainbrake lever to service 1%, the dynamic brake starting, after the 10 sec delay passed, the brake force appears (in same time airbrake auto bailoff comes to action too :) ).

#32 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:06 AM

OR does not support preset notches in the train brake section between release and full or continuous services. Only graduated brake can be applied between these two.

See this post here and here

Thanks

#33 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:40 AM

I tackled with brake controller code last time (more than a year ago, I think), so I may take a look on implementing notched EP brake handle, it shouldn't be a big issue. (I'm doing it unless you, disc, want to have a go with this, of course, but this is a slightly different thing than that you are working on with blended braking.) Coolhand, may I ask you to create a bug ticket about it on launchpad, as a "work order" for it?

#34 User is offline   hroch 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:56 AM

Hi
How it uncontrollable in game ? I am controled pressure in brake pipe change position on brake lever.

My video of OR
http://ulozto.cz/xaX...bandicam-or-avi

of MSTS
http://ulozto.cz/xNN...ndicam-msts-avi

#35 User is offline   PA1930 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:-

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:30 AM

View Postdisc, on 14 December 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

Try with default acela trains. I don't like to install any content with installer.

It works with that czech locomotive however that .eng is seriously misconfigured. It takes a minute to release the airbrake, and the brake jump immediately continous service, then to emergency, and there is a combined brake handle defined but there is another train brake handle. This does not makes sense.
The brakes are uncontrollable on this loco.

With better throttle and brake lever settings, everything is ok.

Besides the precious information provided by Hroch, indeed I forgot to add that the braking configuration needed adjusting comparing to the one included originally from the installer for the loco 163-079. After adding the parameter " TrainBrakesControllerHoldLappedStart ", the combined control works as it should for the kind of system these locomotives or Czech rolling stock uses. For braking, you have the following setting: Neutral (no power, brakes released)> Lap brake if applied* > Apply brakes** > Emergency braking.

* - This setting keeps the dynamic brake active if brakes were applied.
** - This setting applies dynamic brake as much as air brake is applied.

As for the time it takes for the airbrake to release, actually, I never understood why has this been a problem with OR. On MSTS it releases quicker, with about all Czech rolling stock this is a problem.

Pedro

#36 User is offline   hroch 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:07 AM

Hi PA1930
MaxReleaseRate( 3.3 ) mean change 3.3 PSI per second. In OR it is correct. In MSTS is bug, when caused quicker than OR. Therefore in MSTS using smaller number in ReleaseRate. Time for application full pressure on brake cylinder some 10 second. Decrease pressure in brake cylinder on 0 is some 20 second.

#37 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:14 AM

With such brake controller the current blending won't work. Another blending method is needed for it, that watches not the lever position, but the brake pipe pressure, or virtual cylinder pressure.

#38 User is offline   PA1930 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:16 AM

View Posthroch, on 16 December 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

Hi PA1930
MaxReleaseRate( 3.3 ) mean change 3.3 PSI per second. In OR it is correct. In MSTS is bug, when caused quicker than OR. Therefore in MSTS using smaller number in ReleaseRate. Time for application full pressure on brake cylinder some 10 second. Decrease pressure in brake cylinder on 0 is some 20 second.

Good to know this. This will have to be adjusted for all Czech rolling stock, then. Otherwise, it will take a lot of time to release the brakes.

#39 User is offline   PA1930 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:17 AM

View Postdisc, on 16 December 2015 - 04:14 AM, said:

With such brake controller the current blending won't work. Another blending method is needed for it, that watches not the lever position, but the brake pipe pressure, or virtual cylinder pressure.

Exactly, Disc. This would be the correct option for this kind of controller.

#40 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 December 2015 - 01:13 AM

I tried with Acela but couldn't get blending to work..... :(

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic