• You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS Wish List -- 2015-01 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:49 AM

[thanks, Dave]

1) For timetable functionality, the ability to set a max speed limit for a defined train. I've got a timetable run that almost always arrives at a certain station about 15 minutes early, but don't want to change the track speed because it will effect all trains...

2) For timetable functionality, the ability to define an arrival time at locations other than a platform (e.g. I use siding objects to name my control points)

3) For multiplayer, the ability to view the stream of messages sent from the server to the clients. I'd like to build a standalone dispatcher module which replicates a CTC board (similar to what Run8's done or how ATCSMonitor works) and be able to have the message stream be received.

4) When switching to view other trains using Alt-9, re-arrange the drawing order so that the train indicator (F7) shows up first before loading the W files, or somehow do a control message style overlay to show which train it is. That way I can toggle thru the trains and stop at the one I really want to see.

#2 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:24 AM

View Posteolesen, on 01 January 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

1) For timetable functionality, the ability to set a max speed limit for a defined train. I've got a timetable run that almost always arrives at a certain station about 15 minutes early, but don't want to change the track speed because it will effect all trains...

I believe OR respects the speed limit set in .con file, which may be exactly what you are asking for.

#3 User is offline   Jeffrey Kraus-Yao 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

Erased.

#4 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

View Postgpz, on 01 January 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

I believe OR respects the speed limit set in .con file, which may be exactly what you are asking for.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I'd still like to be able to limit certain trains without having to create separate consists, though.

#5 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:18 AM

View PostJeffrey Kraus-Yao, on 01 January 2015 - 05:20 PM, said:

Improved compatibility with Microsoft Train Simulator so that content that works with one program works with the other.

Referring to your bug report I would note, the target is strictly in one direction: what works in MSTS is intended to work in OR. Certain OR shapes not working in MSTS is a problem of MSTS, not ours.

#6 User is offline   Jeffrey Kraus-Yao 

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Status: Fired
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:07 AM

Erased.

#7 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:46 AM

One more missing steam locomotive control, steam heating for passenger engines. If memory serves, in MSTS controlled by the Y key.

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

This maybe a future wish list item, but when the ORTS route editor function comes out I would like to see a "World of Rails" (think that was the old MSTS 2 name for it) function. The idea would be that when you begin to build your route, you open the route geometry extractor (or similar ORTS function), select the tiles on a Google Earth type map of the area you want to create, then the extractor populates the selected tiles with a basic terrain and track layout in the route editor.

All a route creator would have to do is make adjustments to terrain/track layout and add scenery/roads. This would enable anyone who wants to extend or merge routes very easy.

Randy

#9 User is offline   TSCraftsman 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:50 AM

Imperial measurements for train length in feet rather than in kilometers as well as a resettable distance measuring counter in the F5 Hud in feet travelled are at the top of my wishlist for 2015. Currently the F5 hud just shows distance travelled in yards and miles but is not resettable.

Matt

#10 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

View PostTSCraftsman, on 02 January 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

Imperial measurements for train length in feet rather than in kilometers....

Matt

They're working right now on establishing a comprehensive cross reference for all of the units of measure in metric, US, and UK Imperial units and to enable one of those to be used across the entire set of f5 HUD displays. I expect the user will choose which in the option screen but it's possible some other solution to determine which will be used.

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users