#31 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

View Postrailguy, on 29 October 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

[...]

On another subject of smoke, when I have some diesel locomotives running at low RPM settings, say Run 2 or Run 3, the smoke often comes out in unprototypical "puffs," rather than as a steady stream of lighter smoke. Is there a way to set the smoke settings to stop this? I've tried several combinations with little success.

[...]

That´s a question of trial and error, and requires a lot of time. Back when I found the settings that are now saved in DPU´s data profiles, they workes all fine with 3Dtrains' light diesel smoke replacement texture. The keyword there is light, which allows you to have more particles emitted while getting the same smoke "volume" (visually), but without the puff effect.

Cheers, Markus

#32 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:03 AM

But the main problem is that the eng file size is increasing considerably after the editing using dpu. Unnecessary blank lines are not seen deleted. All the previous editing using dpu are not deleted in the eng file. Also one line type (engine) is deleted.

#33 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

How much does the size increase? It could well be the program gets itself into a loop somewhere and keeps adding things already added. Please check the ENG file, if you find something like this.

I can´t recall right now, how many blank lines are tolerated in succession, but it´s probably somewhere in the range of 2 or 3. That means, if the program finds blank lines in succession, the first one is given number 1, the next one 2, and so on. Only when a number 2 (or 3, for that matter, since I can´t recall) is found are additional blank lines deleted, that are found before the next line containing text.

Usually, a maximum of three "Edited by DPU" comment lines are kept. And it´s a known problem that at times they overwrite things they shouldn´t. Will be fixed in the next version (started late September, currently paused due to my schedule at work).

Cheers, Markus

#34 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:58 AM

Sir,

In the next version try to include the following,

1) Elimination of blank lines and reduction of eng file size.

2) Add more features like changing the default braking force, power, continuous force and maximum force so that the user can change these values as per their wish.

#35 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:03 AM

In the next version, it should be possible to set up all these things according to the user´s wish, provided the user learns how to change the data profile scripting (documentation on how to do that will be provided and partially is already available).

Please also take a look at this thread: http://www.elvastowe...official-thread

Cheers, Markus

#36 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:40 AM

I am happy that my very first post has got a wide range of attention...................I will post further constructive suggestions to make the Open Rails a real gaming experience............Thank you James Ross Sir and Markus Gelbmann Sir.................

#37 User is offline   Rohit 

• Conductor

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:14 AM

When will be the release of the new DPU................Is it possible to add reverse light cone provision (VISUAL INDICATION) in the eng file after the reversal of cab................I meant the light is there now with Ctrl+E.........But on looking to the face of the loco........even though the light is there but no VISUAL INDICATION.............

#38 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:05 PM

I can´t say when the next version will be out. In order to support all commands in ENG (and maybe also WAG files), a complete restructuring and rewriting of the program is necessary, which is quite an extensive project to do. After all, I got nearly 200MB of source code files to rethink and expand on, and this is a single person project done in my spare time (which will be limited due to my job as a paramedic trainee for three more weeks).

As for the specific feature you inquired about, it´s far too early to talk about such special things. Depending on my progress and how much code I will actually write new instead of updating existing code, I might also be possible the next release is just a beta release, to have a wider audience to find bugs.

Cheers, Markus

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users