Elvas Tower: New Auxiliary Actions - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Auxiliary Actions Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Stefan PAITONI 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:56 AM

Hello,

@Disc: Could you re-test now with the last version on SVN ? And give me the result, please ?

If it's OK, i will merge my two version in order to complete the save / restore, and then I will continue with the Auxiliary Action.

regards

Stef

#32 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:55 AM

View PostMetro4001, on 30 August 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

Wait wait wait, waiting points are just now working, as of the past month? On the Monon 16 template there are several services with waiting points that actually worked perfectly.

No, waiting points have worked for ages. But recently code has been added to support some enhanced functionality with them (I am not sure what) and it seems to have had a few issues being integrated.

#33 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:55 AM

I don't think the original waiting point behaviour was the same as in MSTS.

#34 User is offline   Stefan PAITONI 

• Fireman

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:58 AM

Hello,

In the original behaviour for Waiting Point as in Open Rail, the Waiting Points are managed as Station Stop and every WPs in a same section of route are added to the last one in the section. On each WP, a new Subpath was added to the TCRouteSubpaths.

Now, with the new way of management, a Waiting Point is a simple Auxiliary Action. This solves the WP compatibility which are now managed where they are defined in the Activity. The next step is to define other kinds of Auxiliary Point, like the Horn, linked to existing Actions, or defined as generic with some rules to place them, or placed at some specific points with a tool or existing infos.

Regards

Stef

#35 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:01 AM

View PostStefan PAITONI, on 31 August 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

Hello,

@Disc: Could you re-test now with the last version on SVN ? And give me the result, please ?

If it's OK, i will merge my two version in order to complete the save / restore, and then I will continue with the Auxiliary Action.

regards

Stef

Nothing is changed, except that at end, the dispatcher let this deadlock happen
Attached Image: deadlock.png

The AI train now got RED normal signal as before, but free shunt signal(or something like that that, in script the state is called "SIGASP_STOP_AND_PROCEED") let it enter to an occuppied segment.

As i remember, before these changes, this aspect only appeared when pressing TAB, requesting permission to pass red signal. But now happens without that.

But as i reed you wrote about the old waiting points, perhaps making the waiting points affect the dispatcher like the station (no route given to train, just when 2 minutes left from the WTP... however it's still problematic. As if the AI train gets a green to enter to station, that's not a problem. The problem is, it gets route even after the station's exit signal, and locks the switch ahead of the player train.

#36 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

Stefan,
with your last release 2443 things that worked well before don't work any more.
In the attached activity for route USA2 the AI train starting 20 seconds after activity start has a path with two reverse points and some waiting points. After the second reverse point there is a waiting point and then the train dies at the middle of the siding. This works correctly in release 2442. In release 2446 (same in release 2448) the last waiting point is not executed and the train does not die at the middle of the siding, but at the end of it. So it has lost the action of the last waiting point and the action of dying at the end point of the path and not at the end of the track circuit section.

Attached File  Testchangereverse_short_AI_doubleWP.zip (1.93K)
Number of downloads: 290

#37 User is offline   Stefan PAITONI 

• Fireman

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

OK,
I will have a look tomorrow. The activity pack is unpacked, ready for test.

Stef

#38 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:07 AM

Alternative paths are only processed at stations stops? As at my example, the trains have 3 passing paths to choose from (location linked paths enabled), but still can't do that pass. Perhaps this is connected with signalnumclearahead number in sigcfg?

#39 User is offline   Stefan PAITONI 

• Fireman

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:19 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 31 August 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

After the second reverse point there is a waiting point...

Carlo,
In order to have a good interpretation of what you have defined!
Is the WP just after the reverse ? some meters ... or before the reverse ?
I ask you this because with my logs, I found that WP and reverse are on the same location, same subpath but the reverse before the WP, and it's impossible...
Reverse at: 78,61212, node idx 132 section {TileX:-12506 TileZ:14779 X:-470,545 Y:1153,96 Z:-64,835 UiD:32 Section:2 Shape:2}, direction 1 on TCElement 17

WPNode: 132, section idx {TileX:-12506 TileZ:14779 X:-470,545 Y:1153,96 Z:-64,835 UiD:32 Section:2 Shape:2}, direction 1
found section at  0 (132,210,2903) , with self offset 0 for direction 1, and other offset 0, retiurned offset 33,49581
WP at: 78,61212, node idx 132, direction 1 on TCElement 17

Thanks

Stef

#40 User is offline   Stefan PAITONI 

• Fireman

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:20 AM

View Postdisc, on 01 September 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

Alternative paths are only processed at stations stops? As at my example, the trains have 3 passing paths to choose from (location linked paths enabled), but still can't do that pass. Perhaps this is connected with signalnumclearahead number in sigcfg?

I can't say now, Disc, Maybe Rob could give you the answer, I will have a look ASAP.

Stef

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users