Elvas Tower: New Auxiliary Actions - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Auxiliary Actions Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

Sergio,
can you provide an example of a not working path?

Pls. take note that there is a known problem in this moment, that is the waiting points actions are not saved. So, if you save and restore when an AI train has already been created, you lose the waiting point functioning for such train.

#12 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

OK, I made some test. The problem arises if the waiting point is "below" the AI train when it is created.
Here a packaged test activity for that, based on standard route EUROPE2 and standard trainsets: Attached File  Nowaitingpoint_5.zip (1.56K)
Number of downloads: 352 . The AI train is created 20 seconds after activity start, and should wait 120 seconds before running.
Stefan, here is a working patch, that however works only if the "WP with horn and other AuxActionEnabled" is UNchecked: Attached File  AIAuxAction.cs.patch.zip (359bytes)
Number of downloads: 349

To users: it is not necessary to check that checkbox to have WPs working. That checkbox adds at the moment the additional function that the AI train activates the horn when the WP expires.

#13 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

So that checkbox is not very usefully named. What does "WP with horn and other AuxActionEnabled" even mean? Could you please re-label it to something that is much clearer about what it does and why you might want it selected.

Thanks.

#14 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

James, only to be clear, "you" in your sentence should mean Stefan, which is the author of the function and of the checkbox.

#15 User is offline   Stefan PAITONI 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:15 PM

Hello,
I rename it as Enable Auxiliary Action. The checkbox is there to enable the use of new Auxiliary Actions on wich I work now, except the WP. Confusion comes from what Waiting Points, from now on, are managed by auxiliary actions.
The checkbox enables the horn, when restarting after a WP (The horn is another AuxAction), and other futur actions.
Another thing to remind, before: all WPs generate a new Subpath. The deadlock processing only manage one subpath at a time. Now, the WPs are no more associates to subpath, the deadlock will check a longer part of the route. Some problems can come from this point. We have to define how to split the complete route now to allow deadlock processing.

Stef

#16 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:39 AM

Stefan has committed in release 2438 the patch I provided in post #12.
avatrain and disc, can you check if the problem has been solved (with the checkbox "Enable Auxiliary Action" UNchecked)?

#17 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

View PostStefan PAITONI, on 28 August 2014 - 11:15 PM, said:

I rename it as Enable Auxiliary Action. The checkbox is there to enable the use of new Auxiliary Actions on wich I work now, except the WP. Confusion comes from what Waiting Points, from now on, are managed by auxiliary actions.
The checkbox enables the horn, when restarting after a WP (The horn is another AuxAction), and other futur actions.

I don't really think that name is any better. :unknw: Oh well, hopefully at some point I'll figure out what it actually does.

#18 User is offline   avatrain1 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS and OR

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:51 AM

Hi Carlo and Stefan, i carried out new tests with the version x2438, but unfortunately, the problem still exists, the waiting point continue to not be considered. In addition, I have noticed a new fault, when I view the "Dispatcher Information" the three trains that use the WP, have a maximum speed of 3.8 Km/h, while in column Speed traveling at a speed of 30 Km/h instead with the latest working version for the WP the x2419, the trains were moved at a speed not greater than 3.8 km/h. There I enclose the log file. The three trains that use the WP file in log file are: 18, 4, 24. :unknw:

Regards,
Sergio.

Attached File(s)

#19 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

For me it does the same as before (not waits at waiting point), and the passing at loop still not works.

#20 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

Sergio,
I will try to run the activity mentioned in your logfile.

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users