Elvas Tower: New Auxiliary Actions - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Auxiliary Actions Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   avatrain1 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS and OR

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

Carlo if you want, i can send you all the files of the activity.

Sergio.

#22 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

Thanks Sergio, I have already downloaded and installed the activity. As far as I can see, the calculation of "offset" within GetOffsetToPlace is still wrong if TDBTravDirection is forward.

It should be so Attached File  Train2.cs.patch.zip (339bytes)
Number of downloads: 353
but this still does not solve all problems that Sergio's activity has.

#23 User is offline   Stefan PAITONI 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Hello,

The WP position is not simple to compute. I will try to solve this but it needs to define a complex activity with many case of track configuration. If you have test on base routes, it can be of some help.

James, How do you think that I must name it?

Thank you all for your help.

Stef

#24 User is online   Csantucci 

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:32 AM

The WPs didn't work well in the AI Pre-Update phase. I have uploaded release X2441 with a fix for that and with the above fix for the offset. It seems to me that the WPs of avatrain's activity are working now.
Avatrain and disc1, can you pls. check now ?(UNcheck Enable Auxiliary Action checkbox for the test)

#25 User is offline   avatrain1 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS and OR

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:02 AM

Hi Carlo,
i just made, as required, new tests with version x2441 and finally the WPs work. I did not perform an exhaustive test, but at the moment seems to work perfectly. Great job!!!
The next few days i will execute a complete test of the activity, since I'm coming back from holidays and of course I will tell you the results.

Thanks again and good weekend.
Sergio.

#26 User is online   Csantucci 

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

Thanks Sergio,
that's good news! Thank you for the support. Pls. remember that at the moment waiting points save and resume does not work, so you have to run all the activity in a single stroke!
I'm waiting for your results. This activity, that foresees three train overtakes, can be a good test to see if the MSTS compatibility has reached a sufficient level.

#27 User is offline   Stefan PAITONI 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 30 August 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

Thanks Sergio,
that's good news! Thank you for the support. Pls. remember that at the moment waiting points save and resume does not work, so you have to run all the activity in a single stroke!
I'm waiting for your results. This activity, that foresees three train overtakes, can be a good test to see if the MSTS compatibility has reached a sufficient level.

Yes, Thanks Sergio and Carlo.
There is another problem when the WP is just after a signal. The train remains in STOPPED mode. I try to solve this.
The 'save & restore' is on the way but it's on my other PC, so I will continue this as sson as the WPs are OK.

Regards

Stef

#28 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

My test scenario still not works, now the trains seem to wait (but nothing writes that, no "WTP" text in dispatcher information, nor the end time of waiting point), but the dispatcher still not routes the trains to the correct paths.

Before these changes, player train got clear route and green lights to the end(to the exit signal) of the next station. (see the first part of the attached image, i marked the player train's original path with a green line).
The AI train got a red light at entry signal at activity start. After the waiting point time passed, while it still got red, but after i stopped at the station, and pressed ctrl-m twice it got green, so entered to the station like it does now, then my train got a green light instantly after the AI cleared the switches, so i could continue to where the AI came from.

Now, as you can see, my train gets a red light at entry signal, but the AI gets a green instantly, however it waits for ~10 minutes from start. After the waiting point passed, the AI train moves in the station so the path is clear ahead my train, but the entry signal, and the switch after that still not change, 2x ctrl-m not helps. See the second screenshot, that's how the scenario ends, before it should end...
Attached Image: ordispatch.png

Note that, the AI train which stopped at the station reached it's end of path.

#29 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

View PostStefan PAITONI, on 29 August 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

James, How do you think that I must name it?

You should name it so other people actually stand a chance of knowing what it does. I do not know what your code changes do, so I don't know what you should call it. Look at the other experimental options, they describe exactly what they do (mostly). What would a normal user notice as being different if they enabled "Auxiliary Actions"?

#30 User is offline   Metro4001 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

Wait wait wait, waiting points are just now working, as of the past month? On the Monon 16 template there are several services with waiting points that actually worked perfectly.

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users