• You cannot reply to this topic

Invisible coaches after last Exp.-Release Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Rogue 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS and Open Rails

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

View Postedwardk, on 10 August 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

The only minor problem I see is that by time you get down to this part of the code, the bogies and wheelaxles should already be set up. I did come up with the fix for the articulated wagons, but I was prepared in the back of my mind for issues since I was limited with what I had to test. In short, I need more models to test.

Edward K.

Hi Edward,

I added some more models for you....I hope this helps:

These are models from the same set where it is NOT working:

Attached File  KS-F_IC-Am.wag (8.11K)
Number of downloads: 195
Attached File  KS-F_IC-Bm.wag (8.49K)
Number of downloads: 176

Here are some models of the same coaches, only from another company (Halycon) where it works:

Attached File  SWB_Bvmsz186_KI.wag (5.88K)
Number of downloads: 205
Attached File  SWB_Avmz109_KI.wag (5.88K)
Number of downloads: 197

And here are some models of different coaches and from the company where the others don't work. These work fine:

Attached File  PT-FU-RE160-AB-S.wag (3.32K)
Number of downloads: 178
Attached File  PT-FU-RE160-STW-G-S.wag (8.06K)
Number of downloads: 190

All have 2 bogies and 4 axles.

Cheers

#12 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

One model that fails to run since the bogie code mod is the British Garret engine of which there are two, both of which are modelled with a wheel-less centre section. Pre mod these displayed correctly. Since the mod the centre section loads ( I think ) but is invisible so probably not, and in the cab all is black with no exterior view from the cab. Headout works normally. The LMS version can be downloaded from https://www.humyo.co...p?a=1sYj8t8bgfk and includes a light engine consist. Happy testing.

#13 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

View PostRogue, on 10 August 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

Hi Edward,

I added some more models for you....I hope this helps:

These are models from the same set where it is NOT working:

Attachment KS-F_IC-Am.wag
Attachment KS-F_IC-Bm.wag

Here are some models of the same coaches, only from another company (Halycon) where it works:

Attachment SWB_Bvmsz186_KI.wag
Attachment SWB_Avmz109_KI.wag

Are these payware items? If they are not, then I need the entire download(such as a link to a site) containing everything. You just provided the wagon file which will not help me. If they are payware then we have a sticky situation because I need to run the items to find out how they are being used.

Edward K.

And here are some models of different coaches and from the company where the others don't work. These work fine:

Attachment PT-FU-RE160-AB-S.wag
Attachment PT-FU-RE160-STW-G-S.wag

All have 2 bogies and 4 axles.

Cheers

#14 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 10 August 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

One model that fails to run since the bogie code mod is the British Garret engine of which there are two, both of which are modelled with a wheel-less centre section. Pre mod these displayed correctly. Since the mod the centre section loads ( I think ) but is invisible so probably not, and in the cab all is black with no exterior view from the cab. Headout works normally. The LMS version can be downloaded from https://www.humyo.co...p?a=1sYj8t8bgfk and includes a light engine consist. Happy testing.

I must ask if the provided consist is correct because I have checked multiple versions before V2388 and all the wheels disappear. This is telling me that the bogie fix did not cause this, but I will check to see if I can get it working under OR.

Edit: I just realized there was a minor code change I made that actually fixed the invisible portion of train before you brought it up. This code was never submitted yet, but there is still the issue of the wheels disappearing.

Edward K.

#15 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

There is a good possibility that the code change I made could very well fix the invisible carriage issue as well. Instead of submitting the fix, I am going to attach the "runactivity.exe" which is based on V2396. Since I do not have any other models to test, please use this executable to check for issues.

Edward K.

Attached File(s)

#16 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:55 AM

View Postedwardk, on 10 August 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

I must ask if the provided consist is correct because I have checked multiple versions before V2388 and all the wheels disappear. This is telling me that the bogie fix did not cause this, but I will check to see if I can get it working under OR.

Edit: I just realized there was a minor code change I made that actually fixed the invisible portion of train before you brought it up. This code was never submitted yet, but there is still the issue of the wheels disappearing.

Edward K.

Using X2387 this engine runs normally for me. I did have to make two changes though which I forgot to add in the file you downloaded. In both eng files, change the number of cylinders to 2 which will give correct operation. Sound is not too good but that is a different issue.

That code change makes no difference to the invisibility problem.

#17 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:00 AM

Here is another unofficial fix that will take care of the following issues that have been reported on other posts.

EOT's or any rolling stock that have been not showing up has been fixed.
Issues involving the RENFE and the Altaria have been taken care of.

Just a reminder that the runactivity.exe is based on V2396. Please test and report any other issues. I would like to be able to submit this fix asap since the issues reported so far have been taken care of.

Edward K.

Attached File(s)

#18 User is offline   copperpen 

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:20 AM

Using X2396 as the base, added your runactivity.exe. No change to the Garret, still missing the centre section, and the Renfe 333 will not show at all, every view except cab being black including headout. If I enter the Garret cab that also is black in all views except headout.

#19 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:36 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 11 August 2014 - 04:20 AM, said:

Using X2396 as the base, added your runactivity.exe. No change to the Garret, still missing the centre section, and the Renfe 333 will not show at all, every view except cab being black including headout. If I enter the Garret cab that also is black in all views except headout.

Just in case anyone forgets: make sure you've turned "Use large address aware" off in the options, or have deleted RunActivityLAA, otherwise you might not be testing the executable from Edward.

#20 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:56 AM

Great job ;):D:D String of static cars now works perfect. :) Guys You are invincible :D

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users