• You cannot reply to this topic

Number size in the Cabview Rate Topic: -----

#71 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / MSTS

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

Hi All,
(This may have been reported before) - I have found that you can add any comments you wish (e.g. what changes you made in the file, where you found fonts, etc. ) as plain text after the last bracket at the end of the .cvf (cabview) file, and both ORTS and MSTS ignore them.

Sid

#72 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

Since MSTS can ignore it as well as ORTS shows somewhat possible ways of new cab parameters to be added to a cvf maybe like distance or even rear EOT BP pressure?

#73 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

View Postmarkus_GE, on 27 May 2014 - 01:26 AM, said:

It was installed on my computer by default. :Neeeedsleeep:, I can´t help you with that.

Cheers, Markus

My research found quartz font to be part of a game pack. See here http://xbox.create.m...ility/font_pack

Just downloaded pack and installed quartz font from it - no problems, shows up fine.

Look for file name: RedistributableTTFs_ARCHIVE_3_1.zip near bottom of page.

#74 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:09 PM

View PostEricF, on 26 May 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

And if you go back and run the same locomotive and edited .CVF file under MSTS, the ORTS statement will be ignored and the cab displays will work as they always have -- the addition is truly specific to Open Rails and transparent to MSTS.

Regarding post #43: I followed the instructions and all does work as expected. MSTS does ignore the ORTS font statement entry in the CVF.
HOWEVER, DO NOT OPEN the cvf in the CabEditor because the CabEditor will erase any lines of an unknown origin. I did not know this and experienced the ORTS font line disappearing when I tried to adjust something in the CabView using the editor. You will have to edit the cvf file manually.

See post #4 in this thread: http://www.elvastowe...entries-in-cvf/

Here is some information for those who want to reposition the digital numbers after they have added the ORTS font statement by editing the cvf manually and have never done so.
Type ( BRAKE_PIPE DIGITAL )
Position ( 257 257 26 17 ) : you are interested in the first two numbers..... 257 257 (they could be 303 303 etc or some other combination)
The first "257" is left and right, + 1 number (258) moves the digital numbers RIGHT corresponding to one right arrow keystroke; - 1 number (256) moves the digital numbers LEFT corresponding to one left arrow keystroke (if you were using the CabEditor)

The second "257" is up and down, +1 number (258) moves the digital numbers DOWN corresponding to one down arrow keystroke; -1 number (256) moves the digital numbers UP corresponding to one up arrow keystroke

Edit: (Oct 31, 2014 16:44 PST) Corrected right-left mixup, thanks Marcus.

#75 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 31 October 2014 - 02:44 PM

+1 to move left? Not knowing any details, that sounds a little strange to me. Usually, in on-screen pixel coordinates the top left corner is 0, 0, so to move left, you´d need -1. Usually, I say, I might be wrong, so please feel free to prove me wrong :bigboss:

Cheers, Markus

#76 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:55 PM

View Postmarkus_GE, on 31 October 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

+1 to move left? Not knowing any details, that sounds a little strange to me. Usually, in on-screen pixel coordinates the top left corner is 0, 0, so to move left, you´d need -1. Usually, I say, I might be wrong, so please feel free to prove me wrong ;)
Cheers, Markus

Marcus, do you have time in your busy schedule to be hired as a technical copywriter/editor. The pay is non-existant and the prospective employer also will need someone to periodically tell him.... :bigboss: YOUR OTHER LEFT!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: Edit already made, thanks, (Gads it is correct? I didn't screw it up again - double check, please.)

#77 User is offline   CptDaVe93 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:44 AM

Hello Guys! :bigboss: Could you help me to use this font feature in the cabview? I downloaded the patch file from page 3, and rewrited the cab in a loco, but nothing happens. Do I use a wrong version of OR (Build 2616), or the problem is something else?

Thanks for help,
David

#78 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:53 AM

You don't need the patch file, because it is already included in the actual OR code. I rather suggest you to download and install from the same post the dash9.zip file, and to study it together with the short instructions I have written in the same post.

#79 User is offline   CptDaVe93 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:10 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 01 November 2014 - 02:53 AM, said:

You don't need the patch file, because it is already included in the actual OR code. I rather suggest you to download and install from the same post the dash9.zip file, and to study it together with the short instructions I have written in the same post.

Ahh okay. Thanks, it works now. :bigboss: Just put the ORTS... line at the wrong place.

#80 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostR H Steele, on 31 October 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

Marcus, do you have time in your busy schedule to be hired as a technical copywriter/editor. The pay is non-existant and the prospective employer also will need someone to periodically tell him.... :rofl2: YOUR OTHER LEFT!!! :rofl2: ;) :rofl2: Edit already made, thanks, (Gads it is right, I didn't screw it up again - double check, please.)

You´re :bigboss: Gerry ;) Oh, and :rofl2: for the offer, but the pay really seems minimal :rofl2:

BTW, Try this: Put forth your hands so you can look at the back of your palms, then stretch all you fingers and try to get you thumb in a 90° angle to the other fingers. Then, left is where you can see the L - but don´t try it with your palms facing to you, that´ll be the wrong way round ;)

Cheers, Markus

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users