• You cannot reply to this topic

MSTS CabEd erases ORTS font entries in CVF after any save Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:53 PM

I made the appropriate entries into the CVF and ran the Dash9. I saw the new quartz font digital numbers. Decided I wanted to adjust the placement (little green boxes in CE) so I opened the CVF in the CabEditor and moved the boxes using the arrow keys. Saved and closed. Opened in the Dash9 in OR X2604 and all the numbers had reverted to default.

First I assumed I had done something, Tried again, same result.

Again I made the ORTSfont ( 6 0 "Quartz MS" ) entry - visually verified they were in place by opening the Dash9 in OR. Then opened the CVF in the editor, made no changes but used save and reopened the Dash9 in OR - NO new numbers - they had reverted back to default. Nothing wrong with OR - this is from the mysterious world of MYSTS.

What's going on, can someone verify my experience? It's late, I quit, I may be :Neeeedsleeep: :victory:

#2 User is offline   Lindsayts 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:24 AM

I do all cab view editing by using a text editor directly on the CVF, for a viewer I use a smallish route and select a straight track as a the starting point. one quickly works out the syntax. All my high resolution cab views are done this way.

LIndsay

#3 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:25 AM

Possibly a Windows User Access Control permissions issue?

regards
vince

#4 User is offline   Lutz_s 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

No, it's simply the MSTS editor. Any unknown entry will be deleted from the cabview, if one edits the cabview with the editor. It's a known problem, since the door buttons or second pantograph (which came with the Binpatch) are lost too. The only way using the Binpatch or Openrails related entries, is editing with a texteditor and never start the cabview editor again.

Lutz

#5 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:18 PM

Lutz_s, on 30 October 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

No, it's simply the MSTS editor. Any unknown entry will be deleted from the cabview, if one edits the cabview with the editor. It's a known problem, since the door buttons or second pantograph (which came with the Binpatch) are lost too. The only way using the Binpatch or Openrails related entries, is editing with a texteditor and never start the cabview editor again.
Lutz

Ah, the secret information contained in the MYSTS Necronomicon written by S.P. Lovecraft. (PhD, BnSF, and RMD) I should have known. :rolleyes:

:bigboss:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users