• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS Wish List -- 2014-01 Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   jared2982 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS, TS2017, OR

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

I'm going to vote for better dual gauge track support. Might be something that would also need to along with a editor as well.

#12 User is online   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

View PostSurfliner462, on 08 January 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

A version of Open Rails that doesn't need a NASA supercomputer to run, Railworks and Trainz have always ran great on my computer with great Frame Rates/High Graphics, ORTS in the only one that doesn't.

And I have seen exactly the opposite - probably because my laptop has a good CPU and a poor graphics card.

Only ORTS will run trains at full speed.

#13 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

Re: Rail Driver Function -- I've noticed that while most of the "blue push button" keys are enabled many appear to be inop. Yard View, Car#, Hide Dr. Aids for eg (and others). How about some type of keymapping encoded for Raildriver. You can print out labels for these keys --- so the user could change RailDriver to suit their needs. I would like the Yard Camera to be the free (8) camera for instance.

Also are control range of the throttle and brake controls something built into RailDriver or the Eng Files (accuracy and fineness of range) or something that can be adjusted within Open Rails. The train brake is too coarse for my taste, a finer range would be better.

#14 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails / MSTS

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

I would like it if the ORTS "Camera Free" (8 key) view could move even faster through the world when the Shift key is used. I miss the rapid scan capability of the MSTS Yard Cam when having a quick look ahead of my train, especially when running on a new route. Turning off "Dynamic Shadows" does not seem to help to move faster, even though my FPS can be over 300. Is there an inherent limit to the movement?

#15 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:54 AM

View PostSid P., on 09 January 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

Is there an inherent limit to the movement?

Unless someone's made a mistake in the code, frame rate should never affect the speed of things occurring/moving/etc. The speed is set in the code.

#16 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:57 AM

View PostSurfliner462, on 08 January 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

A version of Open Rails that doesn't need a NASA supercomputer to run, Railworks and Trainz have always ran great on my computer with great Frame Rates/High Graphics, ORTS in the only one that doesn't.

If you'd like someone to offer advice or investigate this, please start a new thread and provide a breakdown of your computer hardware (CPU and GPU especially), OR log file and screenshot of the HUD/DEBUG page.

#17 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:48 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 10 January 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

Unless someone's made a mistake in the code, frame rate should never affect the speed of things occurring/moving/etc. The speed is set in the code.

So, the speed of movement in the 8 view in ORTS could be increased when the Shift key is depressed. That was my wish.
Thanks for the reply.

#18 User is offline   Sid P. 

• Conductor

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

I tested increasing the speed of the key 8-view camera motion when Shift is pressed by increasing the value of the constant "SpeedFactorFastSlow" in camera.cs (line 74) from 8 to 16.
The resulting behavior for the "freeroamcamera" (Key 8) is closer to what I would prefer. However, the same constant is used for all of the cameras, so it is too fast for the other cameras. However, since I do not usually use Shift with any of the other cameras, it is acceptable to me. Ideally, there would have to be a separate speed constant for the key 8-view camera.

Also, I get the impression that the speed is not quite double for the freeroamcamera when the constant is doubled, as if there is a bottleneck in the processing, but it may be only a visual artifact. I will have to do some timings and check the cpu loads.

#19 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

Not sure if anyone has suggested this before but when completing a switching activity it would be nice to have the option of selecting "Save to New Activity" where you would have a new activity generated with the cars you just finished spotting already there and you would just have to change your player consist and the date to begin the "next work day" as an activity.

Paul :-)

#20 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

Elimination of the "bridge view" whenever the track is more than 1M higher than the terrain the camera is over.

That gets old really fast when you have berms on an entire route, and the track is almost always 1M above the terrain.

Brought it up last April in this thread, along with the fix: http://www.elvastowe...rackside-camera

I had fixed in my local version, but once I started downloading the X versions, gave up trying to keep it as stuff got overwritten.

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users