• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Transfer issues Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   disc 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

I don't have any missing transfer textures with radeon hd 5770, but z fighting terrain decal transfers, but i see that since transfers are appear in OR.

#22 User is offline   dcarleton 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

View Postmarkus_GE, on 07 December 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Are there e.g.NVidia users who experience the Problem?

Yes. I have an NVidia GeForce 550 Ti and experience all the issues that are being discussed in this thread.

#23 User is offline   SVRy_Steve 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

To muddy the waters, I'm running a Radeon 6670 with 1Gb RAM and the transfers seem to working just fine!

Attached Image: or waterfall transfers.jpg

The other screens are in MSTS, this is OR. There are 3 transfers here 2 to form the river and one is the waterfall and splash area.

Steve

#24 User is offline   nicober 

• Hostler

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

I Everybody

I think I found a part of this problem with transfer textures. I did some tests on my Quebec - Charlevoix route with two textures. One is called Waterfall-Nature (1024 X 1024) and the other is toltec rock ( 512 X 512 ).

First I placed these two textures near my problematic tunnel but not very close 1 km far. When you placed a transfer texture with the Itinary Editor, by default you have a 1 X 1 meter texture on your route. After you need to stretch the texture to have a good acceptable dimention. I streched these two textures 75 meters X 120 meters on my route. The display in IE and in Open Rails are both the same.

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/1863/3ljz.jpg

No Problem except a little flickering at my left of the Waterfall texture.

Next I placed more transfer textures of the toltec rock on the left upper side of the waterfall texture and some others (4 or 5) on the top of this texture. All new textures are 50 X 50 meters and are very close and some are overlapping one the others. In IR no real problem except some flickering textures. But In OR, The overlapping textures are in conflic between us and with the waterfall texture and also with the right toltec texture in the upper left conner, no overlapping in these case. Some parts of the textures completly disappear. If you look carefully you can see nothing through somme both textures toltec rock and waterfall, you can see the grey ground under these textures.

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/3918/f8gs.jpg

I looked on my tunnel not so far and I found I have many little tranfer textures ( 15 X 15 ) to cover the hole and probably these lot of textures enter in conflic one with the others. I think it's the same thing with DAR route of Paul Charland at Mantua. To many tranfer textures overlapping or to close one of the others.

These is probably the reason why somme people don't have problems with tranfer textures because they don't run a train near many close transfer textures. Samething for me, on some routes I encounter any problem but on some others routes it's a problem.

I think there are two possibilities to resolve this problem.
1- Is the OR team are able to correct this kind of problem just with a little programmation work?
2- Or the roude builders must correct their routes and pay a very attention to the transfer textures to close one of the others, to don't have a conflic between their.
Maybe a mix of these two solutions would be better.

Cheer!

#25 User is offline   Blillpers 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

I'm using a NVidia GTX670 and as I've mentioned earlier I have the exact same issue. So to me it seems like the problem is not related to the GPU model...

#26 User is offline   Totte 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:06 AM

View Postgpz, on 07 December 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

Please check bug 1165142, a similar issue is described there. A workaround for that problem is to switch off "Adaptive Antialiasing" option at AMD graphics control panel, it would be worth trying it here as well.

Hi!
Still the same error.

#27 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:56 AM

Short conclusion, please correct me, if I got something wrong:

So, Paul and Björn do also have the issue on NVidia Cards, which probably rules the possibilty, it could be the GPU, out.

Obviously, Trasnfers placed too Close do somehow interfere with each other in OpR, but not in MSTS, as nicober pointed out...

Cheers, Markus

#28 User is offline   Totte 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:00 AM

Hello!
I have a graphics card like that, http://www.inet.se/p...CFYlV3godBzIAQQ click "Göteborg"
What do you recommend for type graphics card?
I built the route for 12 years and at least 30 mil long, so I refuse to change all transfers.

#29 User is offline   SVRy_Steve 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:15 AM

I have a number of transfers that are butted up against each other, but not overlapping, both rivers and bark debris in the yards. They aren't grouped though, just end to end. None appear different in OR than in MSTS on my Radeon 6670.

Now, if only my forest region bushes weren't sunk 2' into the ground in OR, I'd be happy!

Steve

#30 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

View Postnicober, on 07 December 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

These is probably the reason why somme people don't have problems with tranfer textures because they don't run a train near many close transfer textures. Samething for me, on some routes I encounter any problem but on some others routes it's a problem.

I think there are two possibilities to resolve this problem.
1- Is the OR team are able to correct this kind of problem just with a little programmation work?
2- Or the roude builders must correct their routes and pay a very attention to the transfer textures to close one of the others, to don't have a conflic between their.
Maybe a mix of these two solutions would be better.

Thanks very much for the investigative work! Hopefully we can just fix this in OR, although if transfers are overlapping I don't think we can guarantee what order they will be "stacked" (i.e. you might get a different transfer on top than in MSTS).

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users