• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Transfer issues Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 07 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

Don't think it's a computer or graphic card issue, have had several people point this out. Downloaded and installed OR and the problem occurs in OR and not MSTS.

Paul :-)

#12 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

I too have an ATI graphics Card (ATi AMD Raeon Mobility HD 5650, 1 GB VRAM) and I also Encounter Transfer Problems... (ATSF "Peavine" Phoenix Sub by Bob Wirth, available @ TS.com).

Maybe ask that opposite question: Are there e.g.NVidia users who experience the Problem?

CHeers, Markus

#13 User is offline   nicober 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Do you think it might be the graphics cards that is the reason?

This is a guess on my part, because I never received or see a feedback from NVidia owner cards with similar trouble.

Hello Mr Charland!
On your DAR route V2, I have a lot of missing ground textures at Mantua departure - Probably transfer textures not showing in OR or missing something.
I tested your route in Route Riter and I received the message "No errors found" for my installation. Great Job - I LOVE it - Thanks!

http://imageshack.us/a/img854/5310/2m7v.jpg

Maybe ask that opposite question: Are there e.g.NVidia users who experience the Problem?

This is what I would like to heard from the owner of NVidia graphic card Do you have this kind of trouble or not?
This would be very important to know for the team of OR. I think so.

A+

#14 User is offline   thegrindre 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Simulator:MSTS & Trainz '04 & Open Rails

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

No sir, I've never experienced this anomaly with my GeForce 8800 GTX nVidia card. Thankfully, I might add. :)

:oldstry:

#15 User is offline   Totte 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

Hello!
If it's AMD graphics card that has this problem, can you, OR-creators fix so that transfers adapt to AMD graphics card?
(Google Translater)

#16 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:54 PM

Please check bug 1165142, a similar issue is described there. A workaround for that problem is to switch off "Adaptive Antialiasing" option at AMD graphics control panel, it would be worth trying it here as well. The problem is that none of the OR developers have AMD chip in their computers.

#17 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

OK, here are two shots taken moments apart using MSTS then OR. Clearly showing the complete textures in MSTS vs the incomplete textures from the same area in OR.

MSTS:

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr160/paul_charland/DARv2_215MSTS_zpsae1670c7.jpg

OR:

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr160/paul_charland/DARv2_216OR_zps733cd282.jpg

I also use transfers for things like parking lots, in MSTS they are the correct size but in OR they are clearly smaller.

These shots were taken on the same computer using an Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 video card.

#18 User is offline   nicober 

• Hostler

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

Hello!

To gpz:
Sorry, I'm not sure but I think it's not the same problem. The bug # 1165142 related earlier by Carlos Santucci it's a bug about transparency on some locomotives and wagons. I make a try with the Catalyst Center and click on the adaptive antialiasing and after go to OR - With the transfer textures no change and with some rolling stocks, I have a locomotive and many wagons with parts completly transparency. And I return on tne Catalyst Center and disable adaptive antialiasing. On my rolling stock everything return to the normal - no undesirable transparencies but on the tranfer textures same thing.

But the problem seems to occur in the same maner. With owner of ATI Radeon a lot of troubles to display some tranfer textures and for those who have a NVidia graphic card, no problems at all.

Yes something some transfer textures seem to change in dimensions and seem to move like an open door or flickering like two textures overlaping. In a ground you can't see something because you don't know how the tranfer work. Only the builder of the route can make the difference between MSTS & OR. But if the transfer texture is for a hole in tunnel entrance, you can see it very well. Also all tunnel not work in the same maner. On my route Quebec-Charlevoix I have two tunnels with the same model and the transfer textures work not in the same maner. maybe it's the reason some people don't see anything wrong in their route.

A+

#19 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

View Postcharland, on 07 December 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

Don't think it's a computer or graphic card issue, have had several people point this out. Downloaded and installed OR and the problem occurs in OR and not MSTS.

You can't rule out it being graphics card type-related just because it works in MSTS; OR and MSTS (obviously) have completely different graphics pipelines and any issue we hit/trigger in OR is unlikely to occur the same in MSTS.

nicober's pictures and route links are the best examples so far; I even have SOB installed already, I think. I'll have a look at this.

#20 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

Thanks James.

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic