• You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS Wish List 2013-06 Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

In posting the following, this thread is again forced to some Kind of "don´t clutter the Options Tabs"-discussion...

Nevertheless, making the HUD customizeable ( -> Options :sweatingbullets: ) would eliminate this Problem - you could choose to your specific (dis)likes or also to realism (this-loco-has-this-and-that, but this-one-doesn´t) what you would like to have displayed.

Just a Suggestion, the implementation (if any) is due to anybody knowing how to do it :cool3:

Cheers, Markus

#12 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 10 June 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

Then by following this logically, remove the HUD train info pages. Only have on HUD the pure OR data, no AI display, no train force display.

Never said that. Displaying the various HUD pages is an option the player can select. Not corresponding to real world, but if he likes he can select them. Getting the buzzes and the wheelslip popup string is not optional at the moment. That's a big difference. And in the HUD there is already the wheelslip info. And another way to notice wheelslip is in the worst cases seeing the Cabview tacho value rising abnormally.

#13 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 10 June 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

I partly can't agree. If the simulated engine does not have a wheelslip display because such display is missing also in its real world counterpart, and by consequence the engineer does not have such info in reality, why should the OR player be more privileged and have such info?

In real life, a driver can feel and hear wheelslip occuring - we don't have that ability in OR.

Regards,

Rob Roeterdink

#14 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hearing wheelslip could be done by adding a new sound variable (let's call it Variable4) proportional to wheel rotation speed, as it should already be for Variable1 related to steam locomotives in MSTS (not sure in ORTS, as I see contradictory statements in the source files). This could lead to interesting effects.

...and pls. eliminate at least the buzz... it's as far as I can remember the only - or almost the only - case of a sound generated outside the .sms files, and it does not provide added value to the displayed string.

#15 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 10 June 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

Then by following this logically, remove the HUD train info pages. Only have on HUD the pure OR data, no AI display, no train force display.

Ok. That is a bit too far, but at least eliminate the in cab reminder and buzzer.

#16 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

Thinking about it, there is another feature I would dearly love to have in an up coming version of OTRS that I greatly miss. That is a feature that TrainStore in simple mode has in conjunction with MSTS. That is the ability in Explore Mode to populate sidings with the loose consists from existing activities while using the player consist of your choice. It also in the latest, or at least the last few versions of TrainStore, has the ability from a check box to also include the AI traffic from a chosen activity in explore mode. This allows for the development of free form activities where you can pick and choose what cars to pick up or drop off each time you run in explore mode and choose a given activity. It helps make things diffrenet each time without spending allot of time in the MSTS AE. :lol2:

#17 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

+1 on the last one... I'd love to have a default template for stocking sidings, yards, etc. yet retain the ability to choose any consist or path to start from without having to create a bunch of duplicate activity files...

#18 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 10 June 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Ok. That is a bit too far, but at least eliminate the in cab reminder and buzzer.

The buzzer is used for other warnings too. It's effective but I would like to have a checkbox option to "suppress warning buzzer" for those players who find it intrusive.

#19 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

Thanks Chris. The checkbox is welcome.

View Postpnrailway, on 10 June 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

Thinking about it, there is another feature I would dearly love to have in an up coming version of OTRS that I greatly miss. That is a feature that TrainStore in simple mode has in conjunction with MSTS. That is the ability in Explore Mode to populate sidings with the loose consists from existing activities while using the player consist of your choice. It also in the latest, or at least the last few versions of TrainStore, has the ability from a check box to also include the AI traffic from a chosen activity in explore mode. ...

This Train Store feature works also with Open Rails. I just tested it. When Train Store shows the start page of MSTS, exit it and start Open Rails. You will find only a route and only the temporary activity Train Store created. Run it!

#20 User is offline   Tony 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

Hello Folks
When OR releases an Editor and tools these are features I wish for. I like conbuilder and would like it if the tools would include an updated version on this for consist building and activity creation. It would be nice to install activities and be able to modify them without any errors. I find that MSTS greatest failure is it's Editor and Tools it crashes if Your missing something. To be able to work with an Editor that identifies what missing and be able to substitute would be a bonus. Conbuilder lets You do this but there is no feel for where loose consists are on the activity.

Cheers Tony :)

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users