Once More: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException x1836 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

Hi guys,

today was a really hard day so instead of trying to add a few lines to my paper for fraduation, I fired up OpR for the first time in 5 weeks.

Ran a self-written activity on Bob Wirth´s Freeware Gallup Sub route, taking me up to the Loops of the Defiance spur. Upon entering the Loop, I get a System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException. Tried reloading from diverse prevous saves, but nothing really changed to better results.

Log attached: Attached File  OpenRailsLog08112013.txt (8.28K)
Number of downloads: 168

Anybody got an Idea what could cause this Troubles? Maybe afaulty activity file?

Yours, Markus

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

markus_GE, on 08 November 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

Anybody got an Idea what could cause this Troubles? Maybe afaulty activity file?

Don't think this has anything to do with the activity file.
Looks like a problem in the new TCS code.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

Will try it with new x1847 of yesterday ASAP - but that may take a while since today we have our prom, and I can´t promise anything about how I´ll feel tomorrow and how fast we will be done tidiing up the Location on monday. And then there´s homework...

Anyway, ASAP, I´ll test in the new Version, and maybe some older one too. Thanks for the tip, however, that it´s not my .ACT file (had numerous Troubles with it befre...).

CHeers, Markus

#4 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

Tried in x1855 and had about the same outcome, but with some additional (partially weird (?)) Information...

Is it about entering the Loop / balloon track at Defiance? Maybe from the wrong direction? Will also go and check this out, but I already have some time ago (the ACT has been bugging me for some time already) and checking it out will just be hope, I fear...

Yours, Markus

PS: Log

Attached File  OpenRailsLog12112013.txt (9.31K)
Number of downloads: 163

#5 User is offline   copperpen 

• Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

Just had a look at the loadout loop at Defiance, and it is a strange beast. It has an exit signal, and three sets of bi directional signals round the loop. It also has two sets of the short false switches normally used to break up long stretches in MSTS close to the loop switch. I made a path that enters the loop from the branch line, runs round and exits, terminating before the path start point. In explore mode, I get an emergency brake application as soon as I pass the exit signal on the way in. I can then release the brakes and carry on round the loop and back out. Although I can exit, the switch remains set for the straight leg. Using X1856.

#6 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

I´m currently trying to run the activity in 1836. This one, however, bugs me a Little earlier already with some AI Messing the Thing up - I should not have changed the Player path... (Accidentially deleted it, and had to redo it...)

Will post what I get, as soon as I get anything :rolleyes:

Cheers, Markus

#7 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

I figured out not exactly the cause of my Problem, but some interesting additional Information:

Since recently I checked the path in MSTS AE and accidentially deleted it, I had to redo it. In doing so I did not wholly set it up like it originally was, but so that the Train would have to run through a storage track at Defiance. In fact, however, it just kept going straight on through the main loading track, and upon crossing the Switch where it should have reentered this track, the program crashed. So, maybe, the Problem is about the path not being interpreted correctly by OpR, which leads to the Train running over a Switch not correctly aligned, causing the Crash.

Will alter the path to run through the main loading track now (it also didn´t do that before, and it seems OpR also didn´t parse this correctly) and try again in X1836. Then, MAYBE in the newest Version, depending on how much time I have avalable during the next days to invest in These (quite extensive) investigations.

CHeers, Markus

#8 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

roeter, on 08 November 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

Don't think this has anything to do with the activity file.
Looks like a problem in the new TCS code.

RE your above post, Rob, RE you post about the Loop Setup, Mervin and RE ma last post: It has nothing to do with the Loop Setup or how the activity is running through the Loop at Defiance.

As said above, I tried an .ACT Setup with the path straight in (over what one would think is the main track, the track running striaght through the mine loadout complex) to the Loop, and I had no Problems entering and running through the Loop.

On exiting the Loop, however, as Mervyn reported, it seems once again something is not Happening as it should be as the Switch of the Loop stays aligned like it was when entering the Loop, making for another Sys.ArgOUtOfRangeExc...

The first Sys.ArgOutOfRangeExc - which was the reason I started this thread - seems to be caused by either OpR not correctly reading the path file / not correctly doing what is specified in there (missaligning the Switches) or by MSTS AE not saving the path correctly. Taking into consideration, however, my previous experiences, and that in AE when I simulate the activity the Train takes the right path, it seems that the bug is with OpR. Resetting the TCS System to the previous state, before you changed anything does not seem to be the cause, since I also had Problem in x1836. Rather, this seems to be another bug.

For the second one it seems like only OpR can be the "one at fault", missinterpreting something from the Definition files...

Should I file a Bug Report?

CHeers, Markus

#9 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:03 AM

If you tell me where to find the route, and upload the path file, I will have a look at it.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#10 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:34 AM

Route is at TS.com (ATSF Gallup Sub, by Bob Wirth), path is attached.

Thanks for the help :huh:

Attached File  galluplocal.pat.txt (25.23K)
Number of downloads: 145 (remove txt Extension before use)

CHeers, Markus

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users