• You cannot reply to this topic

Once More: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException x1836 Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

I seem to have found an associated issue: Once again, something went out of range in a Loop on the ATSF Gallup Sub by Bob Wirth (will post a log later on, as I will have to run a Piece of the route again due to not having done a svegame too Close before the Crash...). The error message, however, looked very similar to what I already posted.

So, enough talk, here are some Facts: I was running a Train through the Lee Ranch Mine Loop to get it "loaded" and turned fr heading back to PEG. Upon entering the Loop area I noticed that - though (which I checked afterwards) the path was set up to go into the Loop in the correct direction - OpR sent me through the Loop in the wrong direction, opposite to the one set in the path file. I got an interesting green over flashing yellow aspect upon entering the Loop then (never seen that in MSTS on any of the Loops in the route) and some 10 meters / 300 ft further down the line to the loadout the next Signal suddenly was flashing red. I asked for permission to proceed, and the Audio warning "permission denied" started to Loop until I had passed the Signal. Proceeded on through the Loop, got one more GREEN Signal, and suddenly, the last but one Signal before leaving the Loop (again, I was traveling in the wrong direction, but NOT due to it being set up in the path like that) I again encountered flahing red. Pressing TAB for permission again started the Looping Sound message "permission denied" and when passing the Signal, OpR froze.

Log will be attached (probaböy only tomorrow).

Do the two issues look like they could be related? Maybe caused by not parsing the path file correctly? Also, while in the Loop, I npticed that where in Track Monitor it usually reads "Auto Signal" or "Manual" it read "Node: Loop"... I´m a bit confused right now...

Yours, Markus

#12 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

It's a lot more complicated than just reading the path file incorrect.
However, I have worked out a solution - needs a bit further testing before I am fully confident it works.

But to make things complicated : I am also working on MP signalling and am 'halfway' some pretty extensive changes. So I cannot make any commit at the moment - both bits of work got a bit mixed-up.
The other work will take about a week or so to complete - so I have to ask you to be patient for a little longer.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#13 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:28 AM

Will do some urgently-needed TRAINSET Folder updating in the meantime (OpR introduced so many new possibilities for locomotive Setups, that I Need to update what I have installed, and also remove one or the other glitch from one or the otehr loco). ;)

It´s just good to hear somebody is at it and that it will eventually be fixed :shock6:

Cheers, Markus

#14 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:50 AM

Just curious if it would be worth it trying my (partially) updated loco databse files (.eng) on that path (many grades = perfect for testing): COuld you find out or even commit any changes already until the latest X release or maybe inofficial build (I think These are still available from James` site...)?

Cheers, Markus

#15 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:16 AM

Ran the activity I first encountered the Problem with again yesterday on X1881 and still get the same error.

How Long will it about take until the Problem might be resolved? (just asking, not intending to mkae anybody get distressed).

Cheers, Markus

#16 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

Apologies for the delay in implementing this patch.
The patch has become part of a much more extensive series of changes relating to multi-player signalling, and that has proven much more complex than anticipated.
The coding is now completed but tests showed up some small errors, so further tests are required before the code can be released. Those tests consist of just running long activities with lots of AI traffic over various routes in order to test different signalling systems and traffic patterns, and that does all take quite a lot of time.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#17 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:25 AM

Thanks for the update, Rob :wheelchair:

I know how annoying such tests can be, though I know them from Debugging te activities themselves instead of the program to run them in :oldstry:

Think this a good time to say once more - though it can´t be said often enough - : Thank you for all the time and dedication the developers are investing in OpR :lol2:

Cheers, Markus

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users