• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Superelevation Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

Thanks JiJun, do you take into account that the panto should in general not tilt? Maybe this is difficult to implement.

#32 User is offline   JTang 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 16 March 2013 - 02:33 AM, said:

Thanks JiJun, do you take into account that the panto should in general not tilt? Maybe this is difficult to implement.

If you look closely, you will notice that for tilt train, their bogies are not tilted with the train bogy, we can do the same easily for Panto, but I need some videos or pictures to get a feeling.

#33 User is offline   Buttercup 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

Would it be possible to apply this to the animation of pantographs so that they would only elevate to the wire height that is set for the route they are using?

#34 User is offline   JTang 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

View PostButtercup, on 16 March 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

Would it be possible to apply this to the animation of pantographs so that they would only elevate to the wire height that is set for the route they are using?

It is certainly possible for adjusting panto designed for larger wire height to smaller wire height, for example, fit Acela (7.0m high) to Chinese routes (6.0m high). Doing the other way may not give us the desired animation.

#35 User is offline   Blillpers 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

I've tried it, and so far I'm most impressed! Tilting and superelevation is two things I've been missing since I first installed MSTS. Just a few notes and suggestions from me:

• All non-standard track systems, i.e narrow gauge, DBTracks and likely ScaleRail, are being replaced by default track.
  • Tilting trains should not begin to tilt until 50mph or so has been reached. There is no point in tilting at lower speeds.
  • Tilting/superelevations should be limited in tunnels, so the train doesen't hit the tunnel walls. I assume this could be fixed by having the program automatically finding the tunnel sections.
  • When riding as a passenger (F5), the viewpoint should "follow" the tilting. When you ride a tilting train in real live, you won't keep your head horizontally!

:sign_welcome:

#36 User is offline   _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha 

• Fireman

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

OR X 1492 is out and I have just tried the superelevation. Nice and smooth running. Only some visual misalignment of the track sections here and there.

Not really impressed with the sinusoidal rolling of trains by using the CTRL-V, at settings more than 1x.
Perhaps this is best used for slow speed running over very tired track, where ever rail joint is depressed and trains actually do get into an oscillating roll or cadenze.

It is good for a starter in train dynamics however, keep on trackin' OR's developers.

#37 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostJTang, on 16 March 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

...we can do the same easily for Panto, but I need some videos or pictures to get a feeling.

Hi JiJun, there are in principle two mechanisms. In the first versions the panto was more or less linked with the non-tilted part. In the actual versions there is a counter-tilting mechanism for the panto. You can read some few words an see a scheme of this actual version at page 5 of following document
http://www.alstom.co...0English%20.pdf

#38 User is offline   gpz 

• Superintendant

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Carlo, do other trains' (than the Pandolino) pantographs also have anti-tilting mechanism? I haven't heard about that here in my country ever.

#39 User is offline   Blillpers 

• Engineer

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

The Swedish X2, seen in chinese livery in this thread, has a separate motor car, or locomotive if you like, which doesen't tilt at all. Tilting EMU's must have some sort of "anti-tilting" mechanism on the panograph.

#40 User is offline   JTang 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

gaps are some problems I am now trying to figure out.

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users