Elvas Tower: Cruise control - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cruise control Rate Topic: -----

#161 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 March 2022 - 03:29 AM

This paper https://www.academia...for_Locomotives describes a similar apparatus. It says train must first stop, before slow speed control is engaged. The slow speed control is only power to the motors it does not include braking. So the above case makes sense that the "balancing speed" provides a way to disengage slow speed control and return to normal control without stopping the train again.

#162 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 22 September 2022 - 07:18 AM

I am preparing a Cruise Control PR for the official OR releases, which is a porting of what is available in ORNYMG.

#163 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 02 November 2022 - 10:56 AM

Cruise control has been improved and cleaned up by César; a feature has been added by Paolo, and now is present also in the Unstable release. The related PR has been positively reviewed and now only the approval of the blueprint is needed to merge the feature into the testing release.
ORNYMG 133 is completely aligned with the improvements and cleanins of the Unstable release. Waiting for the official manual, here http://www.interazio...nual/index.html the ORNYMG manual in .html format includes the chapter about Cruise Control. Please note that ORNYMG specific features different from cruise control aren't covered by this manual.

#164 User is offline   Jindrich 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 02 November 2022 - 02:12 PM

I am happy that my work partially helped this to become not only acesible in the CZ/SK version. Perfect! ;)
I am busy with other features, at this moment especially the ATO, but again, it will only be a part of the CZ/SK. Still this version is (and must be) publicly accessible via github.
Sorry I was not able to help that much with implementation to eng/inc, but... I cannot do everything.
Thanks! ;)

#165 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 03 November 2022 - 06:17 AM

Jindrich,
without your work, there most probably wouldn't be any Cruise Control in OR. Thank you again for your work and for your support to me to provide CC and its additional features needed for Italian trains in ORNYMG.

#166 User is offline   Marci 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 03 November 2022 - 11:21 PM

Hello.
Is it possible to fix the fact that the cruise control arm moves after switching on the CC if I control the power? I have talked to others and they also see it as problematic.
Sincerely,
Marci

#167 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 04 November 2022 - 04:20 AM

Please provide a link to the locomotive files, so that this can be reproduced.

#168 User is offline   Marci 

• Apprentice

Posted 08 November 2022 - 01:02 AM

Csantucci, on 04 November 2022 - 04:20 AM, said:

Please provide a link to the locomotive files, so that this can be reproduced.

Have a nice day!
If I understand correctly, a locomotive would be needed. Here is a Traxx P160AC2 in Hungarian version.
https://drive.google...?usp=share_link
Sincerely,
Marci

#169 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 08 November 2022 - 03:14 AM

I have tried, but I can't reproduce the problem. Can you please indicate the exact sequence of commands that you give, and if you use keyboard or mouse for them? By Cruise Control lever you mean ORTS_SELECTED_SPEED_SELECTOR LEVER?

#170 User is offline   Marci 

• Apprentice

Posted 08 November 2022 - 04:13 AM

Csantucci, on 08 November 2022 - 03:14 AM, said:

I have tried, but I can't reproduce the problem. Can you please indicate the exact sequence of commands that you give, and if you use keyboard or mouse for them? By Cruise Control lever you mean ORTS_SELECTED_SPEED_SELECTOR LEVER?

I only use keyboard. Then I'll try to formulate it better. If CC is not used, the power control lever moves when I change the amount of power. (Basic OR behavior) When CC is on, the power control lever does not move when I apply or remove power. If the CC itself takes away or gives power when controlling the speed, then no controller can move, as it is also solved in the case of the CC.
Sincerely,
Marci

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users