• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trainbrake-Problem with Acela HHP-8 Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:06 AM

The patch of August 24 has now been uploaded in x.3934, with the addition that now DynamicBrakeBlendingForceMatch is set true as default, allowing for a default smoother and more effective blending braking.
The problem described in my previous post remains. To temporarily overcome it, the player has to slightly increase air brake percentage in the zone where dynamic brake fades off. This way air brake resumes operation.

#32 User is offline   hroch 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:53 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 26 August 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

So my question is: how should the above single-pipe loco brake parameters behave in this process, so that the air brake intervenes again increasing pressure in the BC when the dynamic brake force fades out?

When starts the AutoBailOff work to block the triple valve in lap position to remain pressure in the brake cylinder 0 bar, if the train brake is used again. When the AutoBailOff stops working unblock the triple valve and increase the pressure in the brake cylinder according to the "virtual cylinder pressure". Disc named it so. I don't know which variable it is in code.

View PostCsantucci, on 24 August 2017 - 01:30 AM, said:

To reduce the problem of having low dynamic braking forces during bailoff, attached is a patch file for x.3931 that performs autobailoff only if the max dynamic brake force at that speed is higher than 60% of DynamicBrakesMaximumForce.

Would it be possible to program the parameter so that I can set the AutoBailOff worked in the entire range of speeds when the dynamic brake works, please? Because exist the locomotives in which the air brake does not help the dynamic brake.

#33 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:07 AM

Been updating my trainsets that use the blended dynamic brake. I've come across a small problem.

3 car EMU

ENG+ENG+ENG

The bail off works at the required speed.

3 Car EMU

ENG+WAG+ENG

The bail off does not work on the second engine and i get both air and dynamic braking forces on that engine!

It appears having a wagon file behind the leading engine causes the bail off to stop working on all remaining engines.

Thanks

#34 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:12 AM

Did it work before?

#35 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:43 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 14 September 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

Did it work before?

Today is the first time i have use this new feature. The bail-off never worked correctly for blended brakes at the required speed before your implementation. So i think it is safe to say it did not worked before!

I'm just saying that with a EMU trainset, if the engine files are separating by wag files, the bail-off does not work on any engines behind the wag file.

I can always change the wagon files into engine files and use zero power and force if need be!

Thanks

#36 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:57 AM

I should check but at the moment I'm busy with other things. I believe this is linked to the fact that some pressure info is passed only to the set of engines that is connected to the lead engine without wagons in between. If your consist is single-pipe, you could still try to pass it to double-pipe, but I cant' promise success.

#37 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:43 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 14 September 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

I believe this is linked to the fact that some pressure info is passed only to the set of engines that is connected to the lead engine without wagons in between.

Yes, this is probably the cause.

View PostCsantucci, on 14 September 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

If your consist is single-pipe, you could still try to pass it to double-pipe, but I cant' promise success.

My consists are already EP or Twin pipe.

Thanks

#38 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:43 PM

I had a few time to look at the issue of the end engine not bailing off, and maybe I could correct it, but I don't want to make something unrealistic, so I ask how real world behaves.
So I have some questions here:
1) is autobailoff used only for passenger trains?
2) considering a classical USA freight train with some engines heading the train and some engines pushing the train at its end, and supposing that all these engines are capable of autobailoff (maybe in its form that maintains constant the sum of dynamic brake force and air brake force) : would the moment where air is released from cylinders (bailoff starting) be the same for all engines, or would every engine check separately when the moment for bailoff has come?
3) same question for a typical DMU or EMU train.

#39 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

I can say that with UK EMUs and DMUs, the auto bail-off with the blended brake system, will work on all the motor coaches within the dynamic brake speed range.

The auto bail-off stops working when the dynamic brake is suddenly cut, ie wheel side, emergency brake applied. The air brake will then apply. On some EMUs/DMUs, once the wheel side is over, the dynamic brake could apply again.

This is the basic operation of the blended brake system.

For blended brake locomotives that are top and tailed between freight wagons, it would be very unlikely that the auto bail-off would work on the rear engine, as there should be no signal for the dynamic brake and that engine would use the air brake for the entire speed range. This needs confirmation.

Thanks

#40 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:06 AM

Coolhand, thank you for your reply. Two points:
- is the bail-off command explicitly sent to the trailing units or do they act autonomously in bailing off their air brake?
- what you say about freight trains is however not how OR works now for dynamic braking. if the leading unit of a freight train brakes with the dynamic brake (even with no blended brakes), all power units in the train (also those at the end of the train) brake with the dynamic brake (just tested).

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users