Elvas Tower: Route Riter errors - Elvas Tower

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Route Riter errors step-by-step, with pretty pictures and everything Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Bernie 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:21 PM

Thanks for the patience! :sweatingbullets:

Okay, I tried placing the class folder in the initial Java folder besides the main "jre1.8.0_60" file folder, but that didn't work. Then I put it in that folder, as shown below:

Attached File  Untitled.jpg (192.74K)
Number of downloads: 4

Still not resolved. FWIW I filled the "class" folder with the contents of the TSUtil folder, and not the folder itself.

Ran out of time to tinker today, as I gotta run a pile of errands (today is one of my few days off work). Figured I'd at least post the little I did here for scrutiny.

#22 User is online   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:41 PM

The folder should be classes, not class.

TsUtils is normally installed in the Route_Riter\TsUtils folder, but if you have installed Java and it still does not work, you should go to the Java folder, normally at c:\Program Files\Java, under which there may be several sub-folders like jre1.4.0 and jre1.6.0 - The one with the highest number is the latest version. Open this folder and you should see sub-folders bin and lib make a new folder 'classes' which will then appear between these two and copy the contents of the TsUtil folder into this new Classes folder. After which TsUtils should run OK. You may then remove all older versions of Java (they occupy about 114MB per version) using the Start | Settings | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs option.

#23 User is offline   Mike B 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:Mostly ORTS these days

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:28 PM

What I did was create a folder named "RR_classes" at the top level of the Java directory in Program Files (x86) and Program Files, the the ts-utils items in it, for backup. For some reason, the last time Java updated, I found that I had to set up the classes folder in both the 32- and 64-bit Java folders - no idea why, since RR is a 32-bit program and should not need or even reference 64-bit Java.

When Java updates, I let it go ahead and remove earlier versions (it will usually offer to, now), which leaves only the 'classes' folder in the older version folder within Java. Move that to the new version's folder, then delete the old version folder (which should have nothing in it by then, and should not show up in Add/Remove Programs). If for some reason the classes folder gets lost or damaged, copy the 'RR_classes' folder to the appropriate Java version and rename it to 'classes'. Yes, you will need to provide Administrator permission for all of these actions.

When you're done, the current version Java folder should be set up like:

Program Files (x86)
-- Java
---- jre1.8.0_60 <<< these numbers change when there's a version update
------ bin (folder) <<< this folder is always present in the current, working Java folder
------ lib (folder) <<< this folder is always present in the current, working Java folder
------ classes (folder) <<< ts-util files go here; create the folder if not present
------ (various other file names) <<< always present in the current, working Java folder
---- RR_classes <<< I created this to hold a backup of the ts-util files, in case I need to
....................re-create a 'classes' directory. Updates don't do anything with it.

-M

#24 User is offline   Bernie 

• Vice President

Posted 17 October 2015 - 01:51 PM

Hmm, still not quite right... :nea:

First, I only seem to have the most up-to-date Java folders; no older installs. Second, I put the "classes" folder in both Java locations, just to be sure, after the first name change. Still nothing. I'm wondering if I've got the folders set up right; the address for the class folder looks like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_60\classes. The contents of the TSUtils folder are in the classes folder; there is NOT a sub-folder named TSUtils between the "classes" folder and the TSUtils files, if that makes a difference.

#25 User is offline   Bernie 

• Vice President

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:14 PM

*bump* :sweatingbullets: :blush:

#26 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:59 AM

Hi Bernie,
You are correct that there should not be a TSUtils folder within the classes folder.

Can you please confirm which version of Route Riter you are running? The last "Mike Simpson" version is 7.6.26 and I believe subsequent versions, released by a third party, have caused problems for some users.

Cheers,
Ged

#27 User is offline   Noisemaker 

• Executive Vice President

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:14 PM

I too was getting weird running with RR the past while, and this topic made me 'clean house' and reinstall it all again. Following the correct instructions included and advice here, I was getting weird messages like you Bernie. It seems the fix is to right click on the RR folder and go to Properties. Uncheck the Read Only box, and go to the Permissions tab. Click Edit for every instance of Creator, Owner, User lines, and below check ALLOW boxes fully. After everything's been checked, click APPLY. I also right clicked on everything RR I could to 'Run As Administrator', and RR is opening and working like a charm now - error free!

Hope that can help you out as well. ;)

#28 User is offline   Bernie 

• Vice President

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:37 PM

View Postslipperman, on 21 October 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

Hi Bernie,
You are correct that there should not be a TSUtils folder within the classes folder.

Can you please confirm which version of Route Riter you are running? The last "Mike Simpson" version is 7.6.26 and I believe subsequent versions, released by a third party, have caused problems for some users.

Cheers,
Ged

Whew! Glad something's done right... I do indeed have 7.6.26.

View PostNoisemaker, on 21 October 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

I too was getting weird running with RR the past while, and this topic made me 'clean house' and reinstall it all again. Following the correct instructions included and advice here, I was getting weird messages like you Bernie. It seems the fix is to right click on the RR folder and go to Properties. Uncheck the Read Only box, and go to the Permissions tab. Click Edit for every instance of Creator, Owner, User lines, and below check ALLOW boxes fully. After everything's been checked, click APPLY. I also right clicked on everything RR I could to 'Run As Administrator', and RR is opening and working like a charm now - error free!

Hope that can help you out as well. ;)

Hmm, the read only button was pressed, and the permissions were set wrong, but having fixed that it still has the "380" error and busted quit button, and now I can't even change the permissions again! :aggressive:

#29 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

Hi Bernie,
From Mike Simpson's site :

I receive Error 380 when Route_Riter starts or when running TsUtils:
'This has been connected to problems with the Java installation. Users have found that downloading the latest version from Java Manual Downloads for All Operating Sytems. Make sure you download the 'Manual Download' version because Windows XP SP2 has been found to block installation of the automatic version.

However, I have found that there is an Error 380 associated with Windows system files, so I suggest you try to identify if your 380 really is from R-R or Windows.

Cheers,
Ged

#30 User is offline   Bernie 

• Vice President

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:28 AM

View Postslipperman, on 21 October 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

Hi Bernie,
From Mike Simpson's site :

However, I have found that there is an Error 380 associated with Windows system files, so I suggest you try to identify if your 380 really is from R-R or Windows.

Cheers,
Ged

I thought I got the latest Java versions... I'll have to do some digging and tweaking. :huh: Meanwhile, how can I tell if the error is RR or Windows?

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users