Elvas Tower: Route Riter errors - Elvas Tower

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Route Riter errors step-by-step, with pretty pictures and everything Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:25 AM

Bernie,

Have you checked here?
Every time I've installed RR I've had problems. But managed to get things working.
I've always installed it into the drives root folder ie. C:\Routeriter. Couldn't get it to work otherwise.

Steve

#32 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:29 PM

OK, so here's what I think you will have to do.

Make sure you have installed Route_Riter outside of any programs folder. If you point the installer to C:\ (you can use D:\ or E:\, where ever you have room) it will create it's own Route_Riter folder. C:\Route_Riter works for me.

I seem to remember that RR needs Java 7. Both of my installs have Java\jre7 folders in Program Files (x86). Two different computers, both Win7 64 Ultimate.
Go to Oracle's archive web site here and download Windows x86 Offline 28.09 MB jre-7u71-windows-i586.exe. This is the one I'm using.

Then open Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
Uninstall all instances of Java.
Then go into your Program Files (x86) folder and delete any Java folders. This will allow you to do a clean install.

Install the Java 7u71.exe you just downloaded. It will install in the Program Files (x86) folder, (default) this is what you want.

Create a classes folder inside your Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7 folder that was created when you installed Java. I have several versions of JRE in my Java folder. You should only have the one you just installed. If you don't have any sub folders in your Java folder, create the classes folder the the root java folder.

Now copy and paste the contents from C:\Route_Riter\TSUtil into the classes folder you just created. Just the contents not the folder.

Any subsequent Java updates will leave your jre7 folder and contents intact.

That should do it.

Steve

#33 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:06 PM

Hi Steve,
Sorry, but I believe you're wrong on a few points!
I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with UAC fully operative; Java 8.0_25 is in my C:\Program Files (x86) folder.
My Route Riter is in T:\Programs\Route_Riter and all facilities work without any problem. It might be important, but I have Route_Riter.exe set to "Run as administrator".

Cheers,
Ged

#34 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:20 PM

I just put down what I had to do to get it to work.

My Java had updated to 8 something but the jre7 folder with the classes folder is still there.

Steve

#35 User is offline   Bernie 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:26 PM

Hmm... the multiple Java version thing seems to be a possibility; I will try and uninstall and re-install Java. Do I need to re-install both 32 and 64 versions, though?

#36 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:07 PM

Bernie,

Uninstall all versions. Completely rid your computer of Java. Don't forget to delete the Java folders too.
Once you have jre 7.71 installed and RR up and running you can do the updates and install the 64 bit version.
I remember finding the Java 7 thing sevsral years ago. Might have been on Mike's site or Steam4me, I don't remember nor can I find it again. Once I started looking at my RR and Java installs it came back to me. Might have been about the time Java 8 started rolling out.
I have jre 7.51 on one computer and jre 7.71 on another and both work. Both have gone through the updates to 8.something and have the 64 bit version installed but the jre 7.71 folder with the classes sub folder isw still there.

Good luck and let me know what happens.

Steve

#37 User is offline   Bernie 

• Vice President

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:02 AM

Hmm.. Oracle wants username and password information. I don't have an account. Anyone have just the downloaded .exe?

#38 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:21 PM

View PostBernie, on 26 October 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Hmm.. Oracle wants username and password information. I don't have an account. Anyone have just the downloaded .exe?

Try this link. http://www.oracle.co...ds-1880261.html

Steve

#39 User is offline   Bernie 

• Vice President

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:31 PM

Thanks! I'll try everything out tomorrow; just got home from work and I am bushed! :Neeeedsleeep: I gotta get more than three hours of sleep per night; I'm starting to lose it... :crazy:

#40 User is offline   lineman 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Train Simulator

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:48 PM

Hi Bernie I had these same problems over the last few months also. I got thinking about it last night and looked into the 64bit java folder and added the class folder in there so both versions of java have the class folder included. My Route_Riter now starts and runs great without any error messages about java not being installed. Don't know why this worked but no more message about java.

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users