Elvas Tower: Route Riter errors - Elvas Tower

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Route Riter errors step-by-step, with pretty pictures and everything Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:20 AM

I only have java version 1.8.0_31 installed now in both 64 and 32 bit flavours. The classes folder only exists in the 32 bit version and RR is fine with it. Same in Win 7 and Win 10.

#42 User is offline   Bernie 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:35 PM

OK, now I'm a bit steamed. I uninstalled Java, installed the old version, added a classes file... and RR STILL gives me a "380" error. :furious:

#43 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

When you install Route_riter it will also install two more programs after it installs RR. I think these are TGA tools and Aceit.
These have to be installed inside the route_riter folder root directory Not Route-riter\TGA etc. Just point the installer to C:\Route_riter or what ever your directory is. Both of these programs go in the root folder.

Steve

#44 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:00 PM

Bernie,

This is from the readme.

The installer will also install the programs Aceit.exe and TGATools2a.exe (You should
ensure that these are installed into Program files\Route_Riter and not into
Program Files\Route_Riter\Aceit or the program will not work)

TsUtil is a suite of utilities for MSTS and is included with Route_Riter
with the permission of its author, Carl-Heinz Rave. TsUtil files are installed by default
into Route_Riter\TsUtil, however on some systems the utilities have not worked from this
position and Route_Riter would not run.

If this happens, proceed as follows:-
1. The user must download the latest Java version from www.java.com and install it.
2. They should then go to the folder c:\program files\Java\jre7
3. In that folder should be two sub-folders, 'bin' and 'lib'
4. Make a 3rd sub-folder named classes
5. Copy all of the files from the Route_Riter\TsUtil folder into Java\Jre7\classes

Steve

#45 User is offline   elvasleis 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:23 AM

Hi Steve,

Thanks for pointing out the above info from the readme.
My Route Riter install is now working correctly.

Regards Geoff.

#46 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:38 AM

I am happy someone has benefited.

Steve

#47 User is offline   Bernie 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:02 AM

Okay, count me officially confused and annoyed. :aggressive:

RR is installed as it's own directory on my hard drive. Both AceIt and TGATool2A are installed directly into that directory, and NOT as their own sub-folders. I have the latest version of Java AND the old Java7, which has a classes folder with the TSUtils contents installed into it. And STILL I get the 380 error.

Somewhere, SOMETHING is wrong. I never had any trouble like this before my hard drive failure, and I can't even begin to guess why I suddenly cannot get the darn thing to work with the new one.

#48 User is offline   farrmp 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails/MSTS

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:12 AM

Bernie said:

Count me in there, too. I have been following this thread with particular interest as I am seeing the same "380 Error"
on my new Skylake build running Win 7 64 bit. Now I have been doing this PC thing for a Long, Long time -- and have
just about run out of things to try. This I know, Java is installed correctly (Tried both 7 & 8). TSUtils finds Java just fine
(In the TSUtils read-me are two test procedures -- Both verify Java is running TSUtils). In the Route_riter folder is a sub-
folder "Reports". In there a file "TsUtil_startup.log" says TsUtils is running and found I think 93 class files. The other file
is "Startup.log". See Attachment. It seems to indicate that Route_riter is trying UNSUCCESSFULLY to find either MSTS
or MiniRoutes. I believe it tries two or three times and then gives up -- probably throwing the 380 error.
Now I HAVE NOT installed MSTS on this computer and really don't plan to but I do have all my MiniRoutes installed and
interestingly MSTS and MSTS Editors & Tools that are still in these MiniRoutes all run Just Fine!
Anybody have any clues what is going on here?

Paul

Attached File(s)

#49 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:54 PM

farrmp, on 30 October 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

Bernie said:

Count me in there, too. I have been following this thread with particular interest as I am seeing the same "380 Error"
on my new Skylake build running Win 7 64 bit. Now I have been doing this PC thing for a Long, Long time -- and have
just about run out of things to try. This I know, Java is installed correctly (Tried both 7 & 8). TSUtils finds Java just fine
(In the TSUtils read-me are two test procedures -- Both verify Java is running TSUtils). In the Route_riter folder is a sub-
folder "Reports". In there a file "TsUtil_startup.log" says TsUtils is running and found I think 93 class files. The other file
is "Startup.log". See Attachment. It seems to indicate that Route_riter is trying UNSUCCESSFULLY to find either MSTS
or MiniRoutes. I believe it tries two or three times and then gives up -- probably throwing the 380 error.
Now I HAVE NOT installed MSTS on this computer and really don't plan to but I do have all my MiniRoutes installed and
interestingly MSTS and MSTS Editors & Tools that are still in these MiniRoutes all run Just Fine!
Anybody have any clues what is going on here?

Paul

Compared your startup.log with my last one, RR is indeed looking for an MSTS entry in the registry and not finding it. Mine is currently set to one of my mini installs and RR is happy with that.

#50 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:55 PM

I guess I just took it for granted that you have MSTS installed. You do don't you?
RR looks for the registry entry.

Steve

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users