• You cannot reply to this topic

DBtracks what I'm doing wrong? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Wouter 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Inactive
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:48 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to convert routes to DBtracks, therefore I use this tutorial: https://youtu.be/dX8pyDpVuVc
But somehow I still got some default tracks (See screen). So I'm wondering what Im doing wrong with the conversion? Just to be clear I'm working on routes without x-tracks. The one on the screen is standard Europe2 route.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings, Wouter

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Open Rails 2015-08-30 01-42-44.jpg

#2 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:08 AM

Those sections are probably dynamic track sections. There´s a special procedure to replace those, and there are also some special requirements.

As to what those are, that´s beyond me. I have never done track replacements so far, only read one or the other forum topic on it.

Maybe someone else can give you more guidance.

Cheers, Markus

#3 User is offline   JohnnyS 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR/MSTS

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:28 AM

View PostWouter, on 30 August 2015 - 03:48 AM, said:

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to convert routes to DBtracks, therefore I use this tutorial: https://youtu.be/dX8pyDpVuVc
But somehow I still got some default tracks (See screen). So I'm wondering what Im doing wrong with the conversion? Just to be clear I'm working on routes without x-tracks. The one on the screen is standard Europe2 route.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings, Wouter

Turn superelevation off if you have it enabled, you will find it under the experimental tab on the options window, set it to 0. As yet there are no Open Rails compatible track profiles for the various flavours of DBtracks. What you are perhaps seeing is the standard track profile on the superelevated curves.

On the other hand if you already have superelevation disabled. Markus' post points you in the right direction and you should revisit the DBTracks website and the instructions regarding dynamic track replacement with Dynatrax.

#4 User is offline   BenDragon1337 

• Fireman

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:39 AM

I've always wondered about this feature because surely the default MSTS track isn't compatible with superelevation either.

Can someone give me some background on why this happens with UKFineScale and this German track set but not with the default MSTS track as I'm sure all of these different types of tracks are newer then the MSTS default track.

#5 User is offline   JohnnyS 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:OR/MSTS

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:53 AM

View PostBenDragon1337, on 30 August 2015 - 04:39 AM, said:

I've always wondered about this feature because surely the default MSTS track isn't compatible with superelevation either.

Can someone give me some background on why this happens with UKFineScale and this German track set but not with the default MSTS track as I'm sure all of these different types of tracks are newer then the MSTS default track.

The Open Rails default track profile matches MSTS track, so unless you have one of those routes with multiple track textures (I think you are restricted to one track profile per route.) the default track should work absolutely fine with superelevation enabled.

Somewhere on this very forum Open Rails compatible track profiles for UKFS and scale rail are available. The Open Rails manual explains how to use them, there needs to be an extra folder in the route directory for 3rd party track profiles. For the moment the exact name of the folder escapes me.

Edit UKFS track profile can be found here: http://www.elvastowe...post__p__178297

ScaleRail here: http://www.elvastowe...post__p__115247

The folder in the route directory should be named TrackProfiles

#6 User is offline   BenDragon1337 

• Fireman

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:37 AM

Thank you.

#7 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:03 AM

Follow up: I watched the tutorial and concluded, it is easy and foolproof, actually. Only, conversion of dynamic tracks is mentioned just before the end, and it´s only a quick notice. That´s what got you into problems.

For a similar tutorial to the one you posted, check out this play list (5 videos) on Youtube. It´s by the same uploader as the one you showed, and actually meant as a follow up:
http://www.youtube.c...Mmr8aAqle8aph2D

Cheers, Markus

#8 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:42 AM

The name of the folder where the track profile has to be put is TRACKPROFILES. As far as I know, there is no DBTracks track profile for OR. There is one for ScaleRail, that can be downloaded here http://www.elvastowe...post__p__116040 , and I generated one for UKFileScale, that should be available within the OR demo model route, downloadable from here http://www.openrails...wnload/content/ .

#9 User is offline   Wouter 

• Apprentice

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:12 AM

Thanks for all suggestions, turning off the elevation did work on the Europe2 route. So now my next challenge converting a Protrain route (Protrain5). Did the same as with the EU2 route but still have default PT tracks.
I figured out there are in the route folder of PT5 also tracks called S1t10mstrt for example and so on. Also some shapes called PO_schiene_xxx I converted manualy with DBtrackes sections, but still the default track appears. So what will be the trick here to convert succesfully the route? Or do I have to use Dynatracks to make this work?

Thanks again :)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Open Rails 2015-08-30 04-30-50.jpg

#10 User is offline   Wouter 

• Apprentice

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:13 AM

Hi everyone,

Still trying to convert the PT5 route. Now also used the dynatracks conversion tool, but still I got empty tracksections (probably where first the defaults one were). Still wondering what the trick is to make a succesfull conversion. Anyone who has maybe some sort of manual for PT routes?

Regards, Wouter

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users