Elvas Tower: Help with Join / Split Function in Extended Shunting Mode - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help with Join / Split Function in Extended Shunting Mode Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:38 PM

Hi Peter,
I think this time it's not my fault. If you check the path of the helper, you will notice that between the place where the helper couples with the player train the first time, and the first zig there two waiting points. The first waiting point is of type 4xxxx (that is uncouple cars). That WP shouldn't be there. Try removing it. I'll try it too.

#12 User is online   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:11 AM

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for the feedback.

View PostCsantucci, on 17 June 2015 - 11:38 PM, said:

I think this time it's not my fault. If you check the path of the helper, you will notice that between the place where the helper couples with the player train the first time, and the first zig there two waiting points. The first waiting point is of type 4xxxx (that is uncouple cars). That WP shouldn't be there. Try removing it. I'll try it too.

I have removed the the waiting point, and done two tests to confirm the same result (on my system anyway).

When I try to uncouple between the 19 & 20 wagon, the train breaks into two sections.

The first section is the full train minus the bank locomotive, whilst the second section is the bank locomotive and tender only.

I get a similar result if I try to uncouple between the 17 & 18 wagon.

It appears that the train reverts to the original consists.

Please let me know if your test mirror this outcome.

Thanks

#13 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:55 AM

Peter,
removing the WP works to me. Here is the modified path I'm using for the helper:
Attached File  test_activity_bank_service.zip (2.05K)
Number of downloads: 180
As you can see from following picture, the tender is there now (uncoupling between 19 and 20)
Attached Image: Open Rails 2015-06-18 10-44-46.jpg
Also uncoupling between 17 and 18 works, although unfortunately this is still not enough to get clearance on the switch.
Maybe you restarted from a save instead of starting the activity from the beginning as needed if a path is changed? Are you using last version (3167)?

I will try now to find out where to uncouple (or how to reduce train length) so that the switch behind of the player train is cleared and the second attach works.

#14 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:21 AM

Peter,
uncoupling between cars 15 and 16 does the first part of the job, that is the player clears the switch and the helper train reaches the "zag", see picture:
Attached Image: Open Rails 2015-06-18 11-11-41.JPG
However here another problem occurs: the helper train gets the red signal towards the player train, and the signal logic does not allow it to proceed.
I see only a possible way out here: it should be the player train that reverses a bit and couples to the helper train . But here I leave the game to you :lol2:

#15 User is online   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:06 AM

Hi Carlo,

View PostCsantucci, on 18 June 2015 - 12:55 AM, said:

removing the WP works to me.

Yes, it appears to now be working.

View PostCsantucci, on 18 June 2015 - 12:55 AM, said:

Are you using last version (3167)?

No, I was using v1.0, as I was hoping to run the activities in a stable version.

The uncoupling appears to work in 3167, but not v1.0.

I didn't realize that the change in 3167 would've fixed the problem I was having, sorry about causing you extra work.

View PostCsantucci, on 18 June 2015 - 01:21 AM, said:

uncoupling between cars 15 and 16 does the first part of the job, that is the player clears the switch and the helper train reaches the "zag", see picture:
However here another problem occurs: the helper train gets the red signal towards the player train, and the signal logic does not allow it to proceed.
I see only a possible way out here: it should be the player train that reverses a bit and couples to the helper train . But here I leave the game to you :lol2:

Yes, you are correct. In player mode the player may be able to get up closer to the signal so an extra wagon may not be an issue.

I did try a double reversing point after the signal, but it is probably "too tight", and didn't work.

I then tried another solution, ie manually changing the signal in the dispatch window. This allowed the second part of the train to couple and move off as a consolidated unit.

So at the moment it appears as though I will be able to finish the activity.

I have another challenge for you with AI coupling, which I will describe in another thread.

Thanks for your support and work on this problem.

#16 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:58 AM

View Poststeamer_ctn, on 18 June 2015 - 03:06 AM, said:

Hi Carlo,

I then tried another solution, ie manually changing the signal in the dispatch window. This allowed the second part of the train to couple and move off as a consolidated unit.

That's a better idea than the one I suggested!
This let me come into mind that I will check if it is possible to have another dedicated WP (like 60001) to be set in AI train paths, that behaves like the "request for permission" (TAB) for player trains.

#17 User is online   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:01 PM

Hi Carlo,

View PostCsantucci, on 18 June 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

This let me come into mind that I will check if it is possible to have another dedicated WP (like 60001) to be set in AI train paths, that behaves like the "request for permission" (TAB) for player trains.

That sounds like a good addition.

Can you advise version number when both patches are included?

Thanks again.

#18 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:23 PM

View Poststeamer_ctn, on 19 June 2015 - 08:01 PM, said:

Hi Carlo,

That sounds like a good addition.

Can you advise version number when both patches are included?

Thanks again.

You can follow this here http://www.elvastowe...-for-ai-trains/ . As you can see, there is already a beta.

#19 User is online   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:34 AM

Hi Carlo,

View PostCsantucci, on 19 June 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

You can follow this here http://www.elvastowe...-for-ai-trains/ . As you can see, there is already a beta.

Thanks for that.

I have been doing some testing using the same test activity as above, and whilst I think that I have entered the wait point correctly the signal does not clear.

Is there distance requirement in terms of how far the second half of the train needs to be from the signal at stop before it releases?

Are you able to do a quick test for me with the above activity and the new WP.

Thanks

#20 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:08 AM

Hi Steamer,
with following path for the helper
Attached File  test_activity_bank_service.zip (2.19K)
Number of downloads: 160
the activity already worked if option "Location-linked passing path processing" was unchecked. With release x.3175 it works also if such option is checked.

Don't use old saves to perform the check.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users