Elvas Tower: Help with Join / Split Function in Extended Shunting Mode - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help with Join / Split Function in Extended Shunting Mode Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:31 PM

Hi Carlo,

View PostCsantucci, on 26 June 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

the activity already worked if option "Location-linked passing path processing" was unchecked. With release x.3175 it works also if such option is checked.

It now seems to work well.

Thanks for your help on this.

One question, what is the stopping distance from a signal for an auto pilot train? Is it possible to reduce this slightly?

#22 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:11 AM

Hi Carlo,

Another point for thought.

I have been running the join/split/join activity, and as far as the train operation is concerned all is working well as far as I can tell.

There does seem to be an issue with the No 3 camera.

When the train splits, the No 3 camera shows the last car in the train, as would be expected. However when it rejoins again, the No 3 camera still only shows the car halfway down the train, so I suspect that from a camera view perspective the last car in the train is not being updated as the join/split/joins happen.

This can be tested in the test activity, and by swapping between 2 and 3 view cameras.

Thanks

#23 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:48 AM

Hi Peter,
I owe you two answers:
- re signal stop distance: probably I will reduce the distance for long trains from 30 to 20 meters, leaving to 15 meters the distance for short trains; let's see if I get objections to this
- re camera not considering increased number of cars in trains: it's true, but it's not a problem of join and split only; it's a general problem arising when a train couples to another train, be this second train an AI train or a static consist. It would be better if this were modified by the author of the cameras software.

#24 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:49 PM

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for the feedback and patches.

View PostCsantucci, on 02 July 2015 - 04:48 AM, said:

- re signal stop distance: probably I will reduce the distance for long trains from 30 to 20 meters, leaving to 15 meters the distance for short trains; let's see if I get objections to this

That sounds like a good compromise

View PostCsantucci, on 02 July 2015 - 04:48 AM, said:

- re camera not considering increased number of cars in trains: it's true, but it's not a problem of join and split only; it's a general problem arising when a train couples to another train, be this second train an AI train or a static consist. It would be better if this were modified by the author of the cameras software.

Seems a reasonable approach, as at the moment, it is probably more an annoyance, rather then a major issue.

Thanks

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users