Elvas Tower: Conditional permission to pass signals at danger for AI trains - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Conditional permission to pass signals at danger for AI trains Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:06 AM

I've started the related blueprint here https://blueprints.l...n-for-ai-trains .
During AI train shunting there are cases where it is necessary that the AI train is conditionally able to pass a red signal, in a similar way of the player trains when pressing TAB. A needed example may be found here http://www.elvastowe...post__p__183086 .
This can be accomplished by defining a specific WP with value 60002 to be laid down in the AI train path before the signal to be passed (in the track section just in front of the signal).
It should not be too long to be implemented, as the logic used for the player train can be replicated.

#2 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:07 AM

This seems reasonable; I think the AI should be able to do pretty much anything the player can. I've approved your blueprint and unless there are any subsequent objections, it's fine to go ahead.

#3 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:47 PM

Thanks James.
In parallel I already went ahead, and here I have a beta version(simply replace the two exes with the original one in release 3168)
Attached File  Runactivities.zip (1.24MB)
Number of downloads: 336
and a simple packaged demo activity (it should unpack correctly...) for route USA2.
Attached File  TestAIpermission1.zip (3.53K)
Number of downloads: 332

At activity start a Dash9 (you can follow it by going to view 2 and by pressing 3 times Alt-9) starts in front of the player train and reverts after the switch (on the bridge) . Then it arrives on the 60002 WP, that sends the request for permission (the signal is red because there is a loose consist on the track). The WP is set at 20 fixed seconds, as it is assumed that passing a red signal always requires a previous stop. Further the Dash couples to the loose consist and reverts, starting westward.
As a cross-check that reservations and so on are OK you can start the player train (at 12:04 the signal clears if you stop in front of it) and you in turn have to revert on the bridge. You have to ask for permission (signal red because there is a second loose consist), then you proceed, couple to the loose consist, revert and start westward on the other track.

#4 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:52 AM

The function has been committed in release x.3170.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users