• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Route Editor for Open Rails Build routes without msts Rate Topic: -----

#1581 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:58 PM

A while back I ask you to provide a way to set the track Elevation in degrees. You said you would do this.

I had an unexpected journey and wanted to release 0.69 before it and couldnt do everything I wanted.

#1582 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

View PostGoku, on 09 March 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

Explained 10000000000000 times. Its permille not percent!
Ok, I thought the permille was a typo for per mile! So you say that the 0/00 label of elevation means Permille?
Useless!
Explaining to convert permille to percent just move decimal point would have avoided this.
A thought; Have the field display what real railroads and Open Rails do: Display the damn gradient in percent!
Also repeat request to also display the slope in degrees.

Goku you constantly advise folks to press buttons that do not exist and then bitch when questions are asked, like this example from a day ago.

Goku, on 08 March 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:Select terrain patch like other objects. Press E or Select button.

A NON-EXISTANT SELECT BUTTON!

View PostGoku, on 09 March 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

Explained to you too, several times. How old are you that you don't remember. Why I need to explain it every month?

Because you don't explain very well at all! http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbdown3.gif
So please explain now why X flipping the track changes the elevation? AND I DON'T FLIP AFTER ADJUSTING!!!

Here is the method I used to test:
++ TEST 1.
Un-flipped track
:
Track before adjusting elevation 0/00 shows 0 and after shows 2.6 . . .no problem.
Deselect and then re-selecting track the 0/00 field shows 2.6 all good except that the 2.6 displays as .26% in Open Rails!

++ TEST 2. Flipped track using 'X' key: Now I place a track, X flip it and adjust elevation to 2.6 and as before, it also shows 2.6 . . . no problem so far.
Now I deselect track and then re-select track. Now the 0/00 field shows 14.6996.
And this Goku, is as you so succinctly describe BULLSHOOT
And please keep the insults to yourself, it's unbecoming. Please remember, you DID ask for honest evaluations.

sincerely,
vince

#1583 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails - RailWorks

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:14 PM

Mr. Vice

I do not know how the slopes in the USA represent, with degrees, or so much percent (%). In Europe the earrings are represented in thousandths (0/00), which is how Goku does in his Editor. Do not overdo it, please.

#1584 User is offline   StationWhere 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:54 AM

Hello vince!

View Postvince, on 09 March 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

Ok, I thought the permille was a typo for per mile! So you say that the 0/00 label of elevation means Permille?
Useless! Yes, useless! ....

I do not agree vince. The elevation is about from -3.5° to 3.5° maxi. A 0/00 is more accurate indeed! Plans and specifications are defined so.

Cordially

#1585 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:25 AM

Useless! Yes, useless!
A thought; Have the field display what real railroads and Open Rails do: Display the damn gradient in percent!

Useless? It is used in real rail and road development in the whole world of course not the USA where everything has to be different.

<Admin Comment>: It is understandable to get frustrated from time to time, but keep it civil. This is a family-friendly board and profanity is not permitted. This post has been edited.

#1586 User is offline   Garry 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:Open Rails + TSRE5

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:05 AM

Calm down guys.
If you don't like the route editor that Goku is developing then there is a very simple solution. Don't use it.
How are you going to develop your route if he walks away from TSRE5?

As for gradients expressed in 0/00, this would have caught me by surprise if I had not come across it in "Eisenbahnatlas Schweiz". There I saw a gradient of 22% for a standard gauge non rack adhesion line! But looking at it closely it is in fact 22 0/00.

As MSTS use gradients in degrees, and standard track curves in degrees as well, but dynamic track curves are in radians, I went HiTech and produced an excel spreadsheet to ease the way.Attached File  Gradient.txt (11.1K)
Number of downloads: 13 Remember it is an excel file really.

#1587 User is offline   Gman347 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:11 AM

C'mon guys. We ought to be able to discuss this development in a civil fashion. We are all just trying to have fun, aren't we? I come here to get away from the constant bickering I see on the news. The work Goku has done on this route editor is truly phenomenal and ought to be appreciated by all. And if the program has its own way of dealing with things that vary from what we expected then perhaps we just need to adjust our methodology a little. It wouldn't be the first time we had to adjust to a programs operation.

Goku, I love what you are doing, and I imagine this can be frustrating at times, but I think that post is the first blatantly vulgar comment I have seen in the six years I have been visiting here. I hope we don't need to be going there.

Just sayin'

Paul http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

#1588 User is offline   Hobo 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS & MSTS

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:28 AM

Hi Goku !
You're doing a great job on " Your " Route Editor in my opinion .
Always remember that you are similar to an airplane pilot . You are flying the plane and it goes where you want it to .
Passengers can voice their opinions and make suggestions which you may or may not consider .
You alone make the decisions and if some passengers don't like your airline then they can choose another for their next flight or start their own airline .
Never change the route for the trip that you have planned or lower your quality because of disgruntled passengers .
They have alternatives .
So don't let that bother you .

Just Suggesting ?

#1589 User is offline   Simon E 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:TS 2022,TANE, OpenRails

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:37 AM

View PostHobo, on 10 March 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

Hi Goku !
You're doing a great job on " Your " Route Editor in my opinion .
Always remember that you are similar to an airplane pilot . You are flying the plane and it goes where you want it to .
Passengers can voice their opinions and make suggestions which you may or may not consider .
You alone make the decisions and if some passengers don't like your airline then they can choose another for their next flight or start their own airline .
Never change the route for the trip that you have planned or lower your quality because of disgruntled passengers .
They have alternatives .
So don't let that bother you .

Just Suggesting ?

At least some one talks sense.

#1590 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:49 AM

In next version I will add percent/permille option in settings.txt

• 208 Pages +
  • « First