Translations: Unclear strings & other problems Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:40 PM

markus_GE, on 06 May 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

RunActivity (misc problems):
  • String 34 "Auto Switch": What does it change? (multiplayer dispatcher window)
  • String 47 "Penalty": What does it change? (multiplayer dispatcher window)
  • String 48 "Prefer Green" Where is it used and what does it change?
  • String 91 "Stopped due to errors in route setting" is unclear - is it about an error in the Route (TDB, TRK or other file) or the path set?
  • String 409 contains a spelling error in the source "Will not ratate cab and land"
  • String 546 "Stability correction": What does it mean? (force info extended HUD)
  • String 547 "Axle out force": What does it mean? (force info extended HUD)

• String 34 "Auto Switch" is a checkbox that's only visible on the server, but appears to do nothing currently. It isn't clear to me what it was meant to do.
  • String 47 "Penalty" is a checkbox that's only visible on the server, and appears to control whether players passing red signals get signal-passed-at-danger emergency brakes or not.
  • String 48 "Prefer Green" is a checkbox that's never visible and isn't implemented as far as I can tell. I am not sure what this was meant to do either.
  • String 91 "Stopped due to errors in route setting" I believe means that there was a problem in the dispatcher - it's in a state that should not have happened and it's taking normally-unnecessary steps to deal with it. It is displayed as the {2} part of the following format string: "Train {0} stopped for train {1} : {2}". (Word of caution to coders: concatenating or placing one localised string with/inside another is a bad idea.)
  • String 425 "Will not ratate cab and land" typo fixed.
  • String 562 "Stability correction" is a constant (from the wagon data if available) that is used to improve the mathematical stability of the physics model, I believe.
  • String 563 "Axle out force" is the output force from the locomotive's powered axels, I believe.

#22 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

:) a lot, James. With just a tiny bit additional info, I should be able to get the main ORTS executables fully translated :)

"String 563 "Axle out force" is the output force from the locomotive's powered axels, I believe." Would that be the actual force the loco exerts on the train, with axle drive and axle brake force combined into one value?

Cheers, Markus

#23 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:17 PM

markus_GE, on 07 May 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:

"String 563 "Axle out force" is the output force from the locomotive's powered axels, I believe." Would that be the actual force the loco exerts on the train, with axle drive and axle brake force combined into one value?

If I've read the code correctly, yes, it does appear to be the axle drive force minus axle brake force.

#24 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

OK, great!

Again, :) for the help.

Now it´s all been boiled down to the lower-priority Contrib translations. Sans the entries for the AE, the list is as follows (note that list items 2, 3, 4, and possibly also 5 seem to share a common answer)
  • String 170 "Not to be used, template only": Used where and for what?
  • String 186 "Fix invalid node": Used where? Is an invalid node the same as a broken point in MSTS AE?
  • String 189 "Auto-fix broken nodes": Used where? Is a broken node the same as an invalid node? Is it the same as a broken point in the MSTS AE?
  • String 193 "Draw path until next broken point": Used where? Is a broken node the same as an invalid node? Is it the same as a broken point in the MSTS AE?
  • String 201 "Dangling siding node": What does this mean? Used where?
  • String 202 "Unknown": Used where and for what?
  • String 255 "Join and split": What exactly does this do? (Waiting point editing window)
  • String 227 "Documentation is available" (in "about TrackViewer" dialog) - pls take a look at this post
  • "Player Path" in the new path metadata dialog is not localizable.

Cheers, Makrus

#25 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

markus_GE, on 07 May 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Now it´s all been boiled down to the lower-priority Contrib translations. Sans the entries for the AE, the list is as follows (note that list items 2, 3, 4, and possibly also 5 seem to share a common answer)
  • String 186 "Fix invalid node": Used where? Is an invalid node the same as a broken point in MSTS AE?
  • String 189 "Auto-fix broken nodes": Used where? Is a broken node the same as an invalid node? Is it the same as a broken point in the MSTS AE?
  • String 193 "Draw path until next broken point": Used where? Is a broken node the same as an invalid node? Is it the same as a broken point in the MSTS AE?
  • String 255 "Join and split": What exactly does this do? (Waiting point editing window)
  • String 227 "Documentation is available" (in "about TrackViewer" dialog) - pls take a look at this post

Some of these (like "Draw path until next broken point") appear in the context menu when editing a path, I've found. If you load a route, go to Path-Editor > Load Path and select one, then Path-Editor > Enabling editing. Now right-clicking the view and highlighted path gives new options.

#26 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:37 PM

OK, another step forward. So, the question left is: Are invalid points / nodes the same as broken points / nodes, as per the MSTS AE? And what is a "dangling siding node"?

Cheers, Markus

#27 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:54 AM

markus_GE, on 07 May 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

OK, another step forward. So, the question left is: Are invalid points / nodes the same as broken points / nodes, as per the MSTS AE? And what is a "dangling siding node"?

I don't know; if Jeroen is around they should know more.

#28 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:33 AM

:derisive: for the info. I´ll try to contact him.

Cheers, Markus

#29 User is offline   markus_GE 

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:51 AM

Here´s and updated list and more info on the problematic TrackViewer localization:
Also, I have found two of the pop-up windows to not be localizable at all or partially:

The "New Path" window has a few problems
Attached Image: NewPathTrackViewer.JPG

The "Waiting Point" window is not localizable at all
Attached Image: WaitingPointTrackViewer.JPG

Cheers, Markus

#30 User is offline   JeroenP 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:19 AM

markus_GE, on 07 May 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Cheers, Markus

Markus
  • String 170: You can ignore this (it means it is not used, but I used an internal template for a common base class). I will remove it for clarity.
  • String 186: An invalid node is not necessarily broken. The .pat format allows to set a flag indicating that the node is invalid. But I do not know what that means exactly, apart from the fact that in practice it is broken.
  • String 189: Automatically fix a broken node (indeed in the sense of the MSTS AE). My inconsistent use of Point and Node is something I should correct.
  • String 193: Also Trackviewer and indeed talking about the same broken nodes.
  • String 201: TrackViewer allows you to create a siding path where you first create the siding start and its first siding node, and only later reconnect the siding to the main path. If you did not yet reconnect, this single siding node is dangling (hanging loose). The text is one of the reasons why a node can be broken. This text should appear in the statusbar, but since this is a siding node, in practice at the moment it is never visible because only the status of the main nodes are shown. This might change however)
  • String 202: Also for a broken node, when it is not clear why the node is broken (some kind of default fall-back). So, unknown :).
  • String 255: Join and split is used in the wait-point dialog for one of the new ORTS-specific extended AI shunting. (see http://www.elvastowe...7&st=0#msg57084, March 04 post by Carlos).
  • String 227: This is in the path-editor menu, Known limitations (and not in the about menu). However, I did look at the suggestion and yes, it makes sense to point to the web-site, and also to put it in the about section.

I will make player path localizable tonight, as well as fix some of the other issues you raised. Unfortunately, I am not sure, but would that not change/break other peoples translations?

Note that also the trackviewer documentation should probably be updated (by me :derisive:).
Jeroen.

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users