Elvas Tower: 3DTS Tehachapi 3DTS_TEH2_SP_1-L_BK_BK_1-12 Work Order discrepancy - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3DTS Tehachapi 3DTS_TEH2_SP_1-L_BK_BK_1-12 Work Order discrepancy Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

The first task in this activity is to collect two rakes of wagons from adjacent sidings. When run in MSTS, the Work Order lists both sidings' identities, when run in OR only one siding is named in the task.

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

beresford, on 03 June 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

The first task in this activity is to collect two rakes of wagons from adjacent sidings. When run in MSTS, the Work Order lists both sidings' identities, when run in OR only one siding is named in the task.

You gotta give more information for the team to look at. That said, I stuck my nose in and I concur, OR does not list the spur (Fruit Packing Spur 6) which is adjacent to Fruit Packing Spur 5. Both have pickups. However, and this is important --- the cars are listed as you'll see in the illustrations. So all the wagons for pickup are listed. Guess the guys in the office thought you could find the right spur. :lol: ;)

Why OR is not picking up the "Fruit Packing Spur 6" is a good question. This may not be a bug but an operational difference between the two logic systems of MSTS (highly illogical, cranky, etc, bless its heart..) and OR - logical, physics based - or moving in that direction.
I have attached a screenshot of the work order as seen in MSTS and as seen in OR, also attached the activity file for anyone to read.

Did you finish the activity? Did not try it yet, let the freight pass and then saved it in OR.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: bandicam 2014-06-03 19-17-47-298.jpg
  • Attached Image: bandicam 2014-06-03 19-22-10-569.jpg

Attached File(s)

#3 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

Hi Beresford,

beresford, on 03 June 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

Looks like a genuine bug to me.

Please report it at the Bug Tracker with a link to this thread.

Thanks,

#4 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

I'd guess that we're only looking for the location of the first wagon of each pick-up instruction and not checking if all of them are actually in the same place. :(

#5 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:20 AM

Bug report 1326310 raised as requested.

I did manage to finish the activity. There was an oddity; after finishing the shunting you are supposed to proceed to Bakersfield 'wrong line' and get switched onto the right line en route. When I went to 'Auto Signal' mode, it came up with 'Train Ahead', as there was an AI train on the same track on the horizon. So back in Manual I shifted across to the other track to let the AI train past. It came up to me and then de-spawned, presumably in the original activity you were supposed to pass it after returning to the right line. I was then able to shunt back, revert to 'Auto Signal' mode, and set off wrong line towards Bakersfield.

The AI Train was NOT the first one which you let past before crossing the tracks and commencing shunting.

#6 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:00 AM

That´s known issue as ORTS does not handle AI trains the same way as MSTS does: MSTS runs them more or less according to some preset velocity in the :ENG file, while ORTS really runs them according to physics. Thus, AI trains tend to be faster in ORTS than in MSTS, which usually requires you to alter the AI pattern of an existing MSTS activity to work fine in ORTS... Not easy to do, since you have no possibility to see in the editor where the trains will be according to ORTS-processing, but it´s manageable (I´ve done it many, many times).

Cheers, Markus

#7 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:42 AM

Beresford and Gerry,
can you pls. test the attached Runactivity.exe and see if it solves your problem? (take into account that it is a not-LAA Runactivity, therefore you must uncheck the "Use large address aware binaries" in Options-Experimental). You must temporarily replace your Runactivity.exe with the one attached. Referring to the problem of insufficient width of the window to show long siding names, I only slightly reduced length available for wagon names and accordingly increased length available for siding names, as I did not want to increase width of the whole window and a reworking of the user interface should be on way.
Attached File  RunActivity.zip (517.64K)
Number of downloads: 225

If the changes are OK I'll commit them.

#8 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:30 AM

Csantucci, on 24 June 2014 - 04:42 AM, said:

Beresford and Gerry,
can you pls. test the attached Runactivity.exe and see if it solves your problem? (take into account that it is a not-LAA Runactivity, therefore you must uncheck the "Use large address aware binaries" in Options-Experimental). You must temporarily replace your Runactivity.exe with the one attached. Referring to the problem of insufficient width of the window to show long siding names, I only slightly reduced length available for wagon names and accordingly increased length available for siding names, as I did not want to increase width of the whole window and a reworking of the user interface should be on way.
RunActivity.zip

If the changes are OK I'll commit them.

Under XP: extracted file, replaced file in OR_X directory, tried to run activity, immediately got a 'Call Bill' (Open Rails needs to close). Reinstated original file, things were running again.

BTW, MSTS seems to insert <CR><LF> between words in the siding name rather than widening the work Order box.

#9 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

Beresford, in which release of OR did you replace Runactivity.exe? You have to do it within a release X2321 or higher.

#10 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:50 PM

Csantucci, on 25 June 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

Beresford, in which release of OR did you replace Runactivity.exe? You have to do it within a release X2321 or higher.

X2319. I don't tend to look in the developer's sites for WIPs. In a day or so, something higher will probably be offered to me by OR.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users