Elvas Tower: 3DTS Tehachapi 3DTS_TEH2_SP_1-L_BK_BK_1-12 Work Order discrepancy - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3DTS Tehachapi 3DTS_TEH2_SP_1-L_BK_BK_1-12 Work Order discrepancy Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

I just retested replacing runactivity of rel. x2321 with the one extracted from the .zip I have uploaded and it works OK. If you don't mind pls. check again when you will have release X.2321 or a higher one available.

#12 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:29 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 25 June 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

I just retested replacing runactivity of rel. x2321 with the one extracted from the .zip I have uploaded and it works OK. If you don't mind pls. check again when you will have release X.2321 or a higher one available.

While we wait for X2321 to be released, I have a question. Is it possible for one long siding name to shift the 'Done' field right out of the Work Order box such that you can't see whether a task has been completed?

#13 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:21 AM

View Postberesford, on 27 June 2014 - 06:29 AM, said:

While we wait for X2321 to be released, I have a question. Is it possible for one long siding name to shift the 'Done' field right out of the Work Order box such that you can't see whether a task has been completed?

It shouldn't be, the columns are fixed in position (or were last I checked). We could probably do wrapping of long values but they should not be affecting the position of anything else.

#14 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

OK James, so in the following screenie where would you expect the words 'Done' to appear?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Open Rails 2014-06-27 08-43-26.png

#15 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

View Postberesford, on 27 June 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

OK James, so in the following screenie where would you expect the words 'Done' to appear?

In the "Status" column like normal, which means you'll get two bits of text on top of each other making them unreadable.

#16 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

View PostJames Ross, on 27 June 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

In the "Status" column like normal, which means you'll get two bits of text on top of each other making them unreadable.

In that activity, I can't get 'Done' for any of the tasks. Is it possible that the Status column for ALL of the tasks is overwritten, which would happen if the short siding names were padded out (with blanks) to the same length as the longest one?

#17 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

View Postberesford, on 28 June 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

In that activity, I can't get 'Done' for any of the tasks. Is it possible that the Status column for ALL of the tasks is overwritten, which would happen if the short siding names were padded out (with blanks) to the same length as the longest one?

Unless someone's messed up the rendering, that should not be the case. Blank text will not prevent other text drawing in the same place.

#18 User is offline   beresford 

• Fireman

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:51 AM

OK, I finally got to try the test version with X2322, and it does achieve the following things:

1. The two siding names in one task both appear.

2. The long siding names are not truncated.

HOWEVER I also observed an overrun of names, as shown in the attachment.

Since the long siding names overrun into the Status field, can I ask Mr Santucci where he would expect to see the word 'Done' appear if you completed the task involving those sidings?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Open Rails 2014-06-30 10-41-27.png

#19 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:21 AM

Question. Why include the car name in the window?. The overrun into the siding field will always happen if the car name is long, and the same applies to the siding name into the status line. One solution would be to apply a wordwrap to car name and siding name to prevent overlap, assuming it is do-able. The other way would be to drop the car name and revert to standard MSTS practice.

#20 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

Beresford, glad that it works. I will able to upload the patch only beginning of next week, no computer where i am now. I shortly investigated the codo about the "done" string. I should have found at least a bug, so no string displayed as of now. Referring superposition, using a newline for long strings is the solution in my opinion.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users