Elvas Tower: 3DTS Tehachapi 3DTS_TEH2_SP_1-L_BK_BK_1-12 Work Order discrepancy - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3DTS Tehachapi 3DTS_TEH2_SP_1-L_BK_BK_1-12 Work Order discrepancy Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:09 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 30 June 2014 - 03:21 AM, said:

Question. Why include the car name in the window?. The overrun into the siding field will always happen if the car name is long, and the same applies to the siding name into the status line. One solution would be to apply a wordwrap to car name and siding name to prevent overlap, assuming it is do-able. The other way would be to drop the car name and revert to standard MSTS practice.

I assume someone (me?) thought it would be useful for identifying which wagons it was... but the new UI will address this in a much better way (I have this particular component up and working as of yesterday - preview of that this week, I hope). I'd be quite happy to drop the wagon type (I think it actually adds a load of complex code too).

#22 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:33 AM

If it was just the wagon type such as box, hopper or tank it could well be useful. Problem is, it is using the descriptive name that is used to identify the wagon when making consists in the editor and that name can be very long. One possibility would be to introduce an extra line into the wag file such as ORTSCarType (xxxxx) and code to read that instead. If the line is not present then that info is not visible in the work order window. The problem with this is the vast number of rolling stock items that many of us have now that would need to be edited yet again.

#23 User is offline   markus_GE 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS / MSTS

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

The latter will once be solved with my DPU program. It´s already on the to-do list to allow processing of WAGs. You´d only have to create the necessary script file for DPU :D

Cheers, Markus

#24 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:50 PM

I uploaded my patch including a small change related to the "Done" string and release X2329 contains it.
I run the first two steps of the standard Marias Pass activity "Building and Sorting Outbound Cuts" and got the "Done" string displayed. There is only a refresh issue. If you open the F1 window and select "Work Orders" before you completed a step (therefore no "Done" string displayed), then close the F1 window, complete the work order step and reopen the F1 window, you won't see the "Done" string. But if you switch to any other subwindow (e.g. "Timetable") and switch back to "Work Orders", you get the "Done" strings for the completed steps.

P.S. in release X2330 also the refresh issue should have been addressed.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users