Elvas Tower: 3D Cabs - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 80 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D Cabs Rate Topic: -----

#431 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:16 PM

View Postmidneguy, on 21 May 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

CThe only thing I noticed is that the door and mirror animations didn't seem to work anymore in the 3D Cabview, though they did still work on the main model from the exterior view.

Did you check that within your .s file the Matrices and the Animations entries are matching? If yes, pls. provide also to me your loco so that I can try to find out the problem.

#432 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:41 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 21 May 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

Did you check that within your .s file the Matrices and the Animations entries are matching? If yes, pls. provide also to me your loco so that I can try to find out the problem.

Carlo - the Door and Mirror animations worked fine before your latest test files, so I haven't gone back and checked them again for any problems...

Peter - no problem if this takes some time for you to look at, I know we're all busy have a lot of things we're trying to take care of lol.

You'll both find a PM with details on how to get these engines for you to test since I haven't released them to the public yet.

Thanks!

#433 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:51 AM

As better specified in my PM, everything works well here.

#434 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:52 PM

Feature committed in x.4144. Fuel level has Kg as default UoM, and may set also to LBS.

Manual updated in x.4147.

#435 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:11 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 01 June 2018 - 10:52 PM, said:

Feature committed in x.4144. Fuel level has Kg as default UoM, and may set also to LBS.

Manual updated in x.4147.

Carlo,

I just noticed this was indeed working while doing some more testing last night and this morning with version 4147. Thanks very much for this and I really appreciate all of your efforts and help! http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_thank_you.gif

Derek

#436 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:49 PM

Hello all - I have another question I've been thinking of for awhile... I was speculating if it was possible to avoid having duplicate textures both in the main folder for a given model (or set of models), and also in the CABVIEW3D folder. I just made a couple attempts at editing the 3D cabview .s files for a locomotive, altering the "images" lines in the .s file to add alias paths in front of the texture file names listed. Trying this in Open Rails, the 3D cabview shape shows but it is untextured, so OR hasn't been able to refer back to the files in the main folder for the locomotive models.

Is this theoretically possible to do, and if so, what might I be missing here to make this work?

Thanks!

#437 User is offline   ErickC 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

Just add ../ before the texture filename. That's what I do. That commands the shape to go up one folder level. Here's an example from one of my GP7s:

images ( 2
		image ( ../SOO_375_T.ace )
		image ( ../GAUGES_T.ace )
	)

#438 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:38 PM

View PostErickC, on 20 June 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

Just add ../ before the texture filename. That's what I do. That commands the shape to go up one folder level. Here's an example from one of my GP7s:

images ( 2
		image ( ../SOO_375_T.ace )
		image ( ../GAUGES_T.ace )
	)

That did the trick - thanks! http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_thank_you.gif

#439 User is offline   ErickC 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:50 AM

I have sort of asked this before, but I'll elaborate a bit more.

One of the things that I want to do is build locomotive models that can be used as kits by repainters. The kit would consist of a basic model, with trucks, hoods, and common details, and then the user could create mod kits that add the railroad-specific details. Of course, the easiest way of doing this would be via the freight shape. But the cab presents a serious problem - in that many of these parts should be visible from the cab, so the user really can't use the same cab model for each locomotive (I do not produce 2D cabs, only 3D cabs). Is there any way that we could get the capability to flag a locomotive's freight shapes so that they can be visible from the 3D cab view, or can the code be modified so that we can load multiple 3D cab shapes at once? The only alternative that I can think of is to hire a programmer to create a program that can stitch models together from a configuration file, and I am not certain that this is really possible. If we can load multiple shapes for the 3D cab, it would also make it possible to create 3D cabs that can be used for multiple models - the model builder only needs to create a special version of their locomotive model that has all of the things that will be visible from inside the cab (hoods and so on).

The ideal solution would be to make the external model always visible in the 3D cab, and clip anything that is outside the 3D cab boundaries, then you just don't have to worry about it, you can use any 3D cab with any model so long as it's in the right place to clip out the external model's cab interior (this is, in fact, similar to how many of us dealt with locomotive hoods in 2D cabs - the cab bitmaps would lack hoods, and the freight shape would take care of it, since it would be visible in the cabview). I think the best way to do it would be to set a box in the 3D cab section of the ENG file. Anything that falls in that box that isn't part of the 3D cab model gets clipped. Sort of like a bounding box. Maybe it could look like this:

ORTS3DCab(
            ORTS3DCabFile ( SOO_GP7_375_VC.s )
            ORTS3DCabHeadPos ( 47.244in 137.273in 140.462in )
	    ORTS3DCabClip ( -60in 60in 87.5in 174.0in 107.5in 186.5in)
            RotationLimit ( 360 360 360 )
            StartDirection ( 0 0 0 )
	)

Where the numeric values define the walls in the following order, left, right, bottom, top, back, front. I'd seriously consider paying someone to add this capability to OR... not that I can afford much!

#440 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:19 AM

I think that most probably there`s a bug in how the sounds are used in 3D Cab.

Please see the following file:
	ORTS3DCab(
            ORTS3DCabFile ( Right_Hand_Cab.s )
            ORTS3DCabHeadPos ( -0.66 3.05 8.35 )
            RotationLimit ( 40 60 0 )
            StartDirection ( 12 0 0 )
 	    Sound ( "../../common.bgpro/Sounds/WDM3A/WDM3A_Rebuilts_Cab.sms" )
	)

include ( "../common.bgpro/Physics/Global/Standard_2P_Brakes.inc" )
	include ( "../common.bgpro/Lights/WDM3A_DBR.inc" )

Sound ( "../../common.bgpro/Sounds/WDM3A/WDM3A_Rebuilts.sms" )

As you can see, the 3D Cab has a different .sms file for the sounds. However no matter which file you use. OpenRails seems to be using the main sound file only for 3D CAb, ignoring any .sms file mentioned in Sound line of ORTS3DCab parameter.

And I have also checked the Activation/DeActivation in .sms file. If you deactivate the CabCam() in main .sms file sound wont come in 3D Cab. Quite ironically the 3D Cab sound file (WDM3A_Rebuilts_Cab.sms in this case) have the CabCam() activated and rest all de-activated but still OpenRails doesn't use it.... :(

Do I open a bug report too before members can take any action...? ^_^

• 80 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users