Elvas Tower: 3D Cabs - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 81 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D Cabs Rate Topic: -----

#451 User is offline   ErickC 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:06 PM

You shouldn't be able to hear an internal SMS outside. That tells me the activation parameters are wrong. If they are set to activate in external views, but not in internal views, no matter where you place the lines in the .eng file, you'll never hear them inside.

#452 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 August 2018 - 08:02 PM

Here is the configuration of Internal sounds:

Activation ( 	CabCam			()			Distance    	(1000)		)
		Deactivation (	 ExternalCam ()	PassengerCam	() Distance    	(1000)		)

Here is configuration of external sounds:
		Activation (		PassengerCam	()		ExternalCam ()		Distance    	(15000)		)
		Deactivation (		CabCam			()					Distance    	(1000)		)

#453 User is offline   UranGS 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: New Hire

Posted 05 November 2018 - 12:03 PM

Hello guys, everyone! My question is not about 3D Cab, but next to it. The question is whether it is possible to add the function of a diesel locomotive with new keys, by rotating the diesel shaft, that is, to start the diesel, rotate the shafts or rotate the fans on the external model, regardless of the movement of the locomotive, turn it on. or off To turn on the toggle switch or the button in the 3D cabin and in the external model, the shaft of the diesel engine began to rotate so that the diesel engine could be started in any part of the locomotive. Or does it add a lot of programming problems.? Sorry in advance for my English, thanks.

#454 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Openrails

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:36 AM

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I am making a 3d cab for a diesel engine with a cab at each end. Do I have to create a separate cab for the rear, to be able to switch to it using Cntrl E?

At the moment, I have done this, and placed the second cab at the other end of the loco, but did I need to, or is the Cntrl E supposed to flip the cab shape automatically?

Geoff

#455 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:46 AM

In the 2D cab Ctrl E will take you to each available cab in sequence each time you press the keys, so I imagine that the 3D cab would work the same, meaning you have to make a cab for each end.

The OR logfile is not mine and has nothing to do with this post

#456 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:21 AM

Attached Image: falcon7.JPG

Thanks for the advice. That is the method I have used. I guess I thought that there may be a magic way for OR to use the cab shape file and place it at either end of the loco. That would certainly save a lot of space in the .s file, which has a compete set of duplicate controls and shapes.

I am enjoying playing with this 3D cab though, and it should be OK for release in a few weeks. There is still a lot of texturing and modelling to be done, but the tricky things are working.

Geoff

#457 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:55 PM

Hi Folks,

I was perusing this thread and noted it was mentioned that 3D Cabs can’t see the locomotive smoke effects - is that still true ? For a steam locomotive - this seems like a show stopper... If that’s the case - would the old Passenger View be able to see the smoke effects ? I was going to try a 3D Cab but I’d rather have the smoke effects instead of the control animations...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

#458 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:27 PM

I agree that it would be nice to see the smoke from a 3d cab. Someone may correct me, but there is usually not much opportunity to see smoke from a 2d cab. The views are fixed, and as you are essentially looking through a picture frame, you can see the trackside, but often not the top of the chimney.
At least with a 3d cab there would be a chance to see the smoke, if it was ever made possible. I hope that one day it will be. For a diesel, or electric loco, the choice is clear in my opinion, in favour of a 3d cab. As long as it is of reasonable quality, of course.

Geoff

#459 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:05 PM

Yes.., Smoke particles unfortunately doesn't appear when in 3D cab view. :sweatingbullets:

EDIT : The photo is being attached automatically to this post. And I cant remove it. It says "Action Failed". Looks like side effect of recent sever problems..

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: taunton-302.jpg

#460 User is offline   mrmosky 

• Engineer

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:30 AM

I have now completed my 3d cab for the Brush Falcon Diesel loco. I will be uploading it to UKTS in a few days, but I have a question about shadows.

The shadows cast by bridges, trees etc. Are seen right across and through the cab, as if the roof was not there. I thought that this might be because the roof was made up of single sided polygons, but I added a duplicate roof panel with the polys facing the other way, and it made no difference.

Do I need to specify a special material type that prevents light passing through, or is this an OR problem?

In other words, if I made my cab with solid sides - a closed box - would it be light inside? EDIT I've now tried this. I enclosed the cab in a solid box, and when I loaded it into the simulation, the cab was still illuminated.

Geoff

• 81 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users