• You cannot reply to this topic

NG in the Snow Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dodger 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Inactive

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

Hello,

This is my first time posting Screenshots so i hope they are ok for this forum,

They are all taken on the Narrow Gauge C&S South Park Line with Baldwin 2-8-0 C16 No169,

Approaching Grant,

Attached Image: capture_03012009_175147.jpg

Attached Image: capture_03012009_175749.jpg

This is a slightly better view,

Attached Image: capture_03012009_181631.jpg

Rumbling though!

Attached Image: capture_03012009_181746.jpg

Great Models and i have yet to explore this route ,i hope you like a little bit of flavour of NG.

Cheers,

Dodger.

Edit,

I should have said that the C16 loco was made by Bazza,

#2 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:18 PM

Thanks Dodger, makes me feel cooler just looking at those pics.

Cheers Bazza

*Cooler = the temp, not the Dude.
;-)

#3 User is offline   hiball3985 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:23 PM

It's snowing in the Rockies right now
Attached Image: tank.JPG
Attached Image: winter.JPG

#4 Inactive_geode_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:07 PM

Hey guys nice screenies. I always enjoy narrow gauge anything screenies. I am a dedicated narrow gauger, that is why I'm here. Model Railroader Mag. says 10% of their readership is narrow gaugers. But I think that percentage is higher on this forum.
Hey 3985, we've discussed a few things other than railroading in the past. I've seen your by line all over the forums, but we've never discussed railroading. Technical stuff about MSTS and computers I know little or nothing about. But D&RGW narrow gauge in the 1950's & sixties I'm well versed in. My last model railroad was HO std. gauge because of the plethora of pre-painted and lettered locos, cars. I moved it from Vegas to where I am now with only about 10' of hand layed track. Retired and the pace of hand layed picked up considerably. After two years here, tore it all out, and replaced it with a computer and MSTS narrow gauge galore. I still build On3 car kits and when they're finished just go on a display case. I sell a few sometimes when the case gets full. But they are fun to build when there's no rush to get them on the layout. My best effort was a 30' by 50' On3 layout with 5 brass k36's, 3 brass K37's, 4 K27's. 3 K28's, and 3 C16's, 2 full sets of San Juans, and 2 chille mixed trains. Farmington, RGS, Silverton, Chama, and Alamosa were just staging areas. Durango, Big Horn( where the wife and I learned how to do double saw-bys with two long frieghts), Antonito, where the chille line mixed would seperate from the San Juan westbound. Five guys, and sometimes the wife, could barely run the schedule in four hours. Twas a great layout, and had to junk it all when HP decided they didn't need a mavrick production line manager like me. Packed everything into a 28' fifth wheel, sold the house and moved to Vegas where jobs were begging for people who could think on the move. But that is another story.

George

#5 User is offline   hiball3985 

• Vice President

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:38 PM

Hey George, I know very little about narrow gauge, I'm just starting it in MSTS. I can't talk to you about technical stuff, I'm a computer idiot. Train sim is the only thing I have minimal skills at. And thats after doing it for 2 years. I can use the RE and AE to do scenery and activities. I have worked on a few .eng files, a few .wag files a few .sms files, but not proficient at any of them. I'm a hands on guy, I could build a real steamer in my garage faster then I could on a computer. We have discussed model railroading in the past. My N gauge is sitting collecting dust now. It's 90 per cent complete and will probably never get finished. -$$$$ keep me doing MSTS or I would be in the garage building racing engines.

Jim

#6 Inactive_geode_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:47 AM

Hey Jim, good to hear from you again. I was an old timer when N scale was invented. The first ones were a joke, but they have gotten mucho better over the years. I've always subscribed to the notion that bigger is better. Bigger motors, bigger gearboxes to run better,an bigger heft to keep the rails cleaner. and bigger to show off more detailing. Can't do that anymore becaus of the cost. 2.5 years ago I was a member of an online narrow gauge modellers forum where all the best narrow gaugers in the states hung out. One guy, upon hearing my plight of having to not model anymore because of $s and spcace, suggested I look into MSTS computer siming. I bought the last original MSTS from Walthers and haven't looked back since. Trusted Dell to put together a modest gaming computer, which I regret a couple of their choices, but hey 2.5 years later it's still working OK for me. I also got a RailDriver because I hate keyboards. I used to hate computers, but now I kinda like the old boy, with all his quircks. You think you're computer challenged, I don't know junk about them. I've got on and off down pat, and hearing how you fiddle with some of the files, you're light years ahead of me. Somehow a year ago MSTS got corrupted and I had to delete everything MSTS related. It had something to do with the Silverton Route, so I decided to load the Rio Grand Southern route. One giant download was easy. I keep all my train related stuff in My Doccuments, so it was easy to reload that. I never use activities because I hate being governed by a set plan. I use another method I invented I think because I've never seen it mentioned. But it induces train fun in me.
Hey Jim lookout, once the narrow gauge bug bites, you may never shake it. I helped Bazza beta test his K 27s, and know for a fact they operate like the real ones up 4% plus a little, AND down is a bit more than turning the model train contoller down.

George

#7 User is offline   hiball3985 

• Vice President

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

Hi George, yes I remember the first N gauge Junk. I started N gauge in 1969 with some Junk from Trix and someone else ( don't remember) CRS. I'm learning the narrow gauge slowly, I've had a few run aways on the down grades..... I'm using more hand brakes lately

Jim

#8 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:15 AM

I have to tell you, the pic of the Bumblebee brings moisture to my eye. I really enjoyed that project, even if the Bumblebee appeared not to be everyone's favourite choice (at the time)...but she needed to be made and live again. We did a lot of research on her and the other C16's\C60's and I think the results speak for themselves....as always, a cooperative effort makes it all gel easier, so special thanks to Hadrians and the others who kept me going with help, advice and encouragement.

Ditto all the other projects, specially the K27; the loco that nearly didn't make it.

Cheers Bazza

#9 User is offline   hiball3985 

• Vice President

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:00 AM

View Postcaptain_bazza, on Apr 22 2009, 01:15 AM, said:

I have to tell you, the pic of the Bumblebee brings moisture to my eye. I really enjoyed that project, even if the Bumblebee appeared not to be everyone's favourite choice (at the time)...but she needed to be made and live again. We did a lot of research on her and the other C16's\C60's and I think the results speak for themselves....as always, a cooperative effort makes it all gel easier, so special thanks to Hadrians and the others who kept me going with help, advice and encouragement.

Ditto all the other projects, specially the K27; the loco that nearly didn't make it.

Cheers Bazza

Bazza, I for one am glad you made it. I run it all the time. I'm not sure if those are the proper coaches, they were the only ones I could find..

Jim

#10 User is offline   captain_bazza 

Post icon  Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

Hi'y Jim, it's your darn railroad, you're everything from Superintendent to baggage boy, and somewhere there you're also the engineer and fireman....you can do whatever you like. :o Anyway, kosha or not, they look good behind the BB. http://www.elvastowe...tyle_emoticons/default/sleep.gif

Glad you enjoy TS narrow gauging. :huh:

Cheers Bazza

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users