Elvas Tower: Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville - Version 1 - Full Route - Elvas Tower

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville - Version 1 - Full Route Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   captain_bazza 

• Chairman, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:06 PM

Have you checked the shape through ShapeFix? Make sure you uncheck 'animations'. You can get it to check and report, where it doesn't make any changes to the shape file, just lets you know if there's a problem.

If you use ShapeFix read the sticky thread about it....it's simple, but not straightforward when you've not used it before.

Cheers Bazza

#22 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:07 AM

Hi Bazza,

It probably wouldn't hurt running the engines through ShapeFix just to see what it has to say but the problem I've been having happens to pretty much any power that runs under the camera in view 4 when the camera points straight down. Yesterday I changed my detail level to 60% and that stopped all my carspawns, so I set it to 80% and I'll see what happens with that.

Maybe what I really need to do is run the grass and trackside brush through ShapeFix to see if there is a problem with them, they are always present when view 4 fails.

Paul :-)

#23 Inactive_Joe Morris_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:02 PM

Paul,

I'll make no promises, because my time is very limited, but I will see if I can create a BIN reversing cab for the Brill.

Edit: where can I find the Brill?

This post has been edited by Joe Morris: 23 June 2008 - 10:13 PM

#24 User is offline   boundy 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:29 PM

Paul C;
Can you contact me by email at Dtboundy@aol.com. I have some info for you on the Springfield Term. Pics, Maps, list of industries ect. ect. Tried sending you a pm but don't think you got it.

#25 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:39 AM

Hi Joe,

The Brill is still in my head, just haven't got that far yet. I'm a couple of days from finishing a set of activities for the FJ&G and then I'll start drawing the Brill. The combine took three days, might be four or five for the Brill... or Brills as I've been asked to do a common Brill 300 without the baggage door in the middle of the passenger compartment... guess I should add some seats while I'm at it.

#26 Inactive_Locopainter_*

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:07 AM

View Postcharland, on Jun 24 2008, 05:39 AM, said:

The Brill is still in my head, just haven't got that far yet. I'm a couple of days from finishing a set of activities for the FJ&G and then I'll start drawing the Brill. The combine took three days, might be four or five for the Brill... or Brills as I've been asked to do a common Brill 300 without the baggage door in the middle of the passenger compartment... guess I should add some seats while I'm at it.

(1) Paul - if its any help I painted the SD&A gasoline car last year in B&O livery as a Brill... turned out well as aces were easy to work with.

(2) If anyone wants FJ&G steamers then I'll be doing a full roster starting October. Alternatively, http://fjgrr.org has good pics to do your own.

(3) The Pittsburgh&LakeErie weathered pair of coal hoppers, nos.31114 & 31180 only come filled with coal at TS.com. I've done an empty for each, if anyone wants them pm me to beta test. They are about the right size for S2's or small steamers.

This post has been edited by Locopainter: 24 June 2008 - 09:07 AM

#27 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:04 AM

Hi,

I don't mind drawing the car, actually rather be drawing the creating activities. I've drawn the car before, if you look on Gino's website there is a tab for "Virtual FJ&G", it has a few pages of a layout I designed years ago along with a 3D model of the car I drew for the layout. I think the trick will be getting the cabs to work from both ends, I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions when the time comes!

Does your SD&A gas-electric have cabs at both ends... some did others didn't.

#28 Inactive_Locopainter_*

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:08 AM

View Postcharland, on Jun 24 2008, 10:04 AM, said:

Hi,

I don't mind drawing the car, actually rather be drawing the creating activities. I've drawn the car before, if you look on Gino's website there is a tab for "Virtual FJ&G", it has a few pages of a layout I designed years ago along with a 3D model of the car I drew for the layout. I think the trick will be getting the cabs to work from both ends, I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions when the time comes!

Does your SD&A gas-electric have cabs at both ends... some did others didn't.

Hi,

I should draw. The SD&A is a doodlebug just like Majors' No.340 on Gino's site. I use the 5view for double end working. I see that Rich Garber has re-done East Metro version2 deliberately without a Y he is so confident of double-ending.

I admit I don't know if you can have two cabviews in the same vehicle, I guess you can by inserting one vehicle shape inside another. I would use an Invisiengine, the 5view or use the 180degree angle allowed in a cabview right or left view (you usually choose the right as the headout is still available for the 0degree view) together with a long step back backwards down the model for the 180view.

Two or more Invisiengines are good for controlling runaways, a marshalling yard that builds trains on its own and in dinosaur chases....

I couldn't find your layout (I have problems finding things when others don't), but did find combine No.21 and can see why you modeled that as the DL&W and CopperRiver models look younger and older respectively.

This post has been edited by Locopainter: 24 June 2008 - 01:22 PM

#29 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:30 PM

Hi,

Sorry about that, I wasn't aware Gino removed the 3rd PlanIt files but I see he's replaced them with MSTS screen shots.

The FJ&G bought their two combines from the DL&W about 1914 just before the DL&W started replacing the wooden side with steel. They also had a coach from them as well that later became a toolcar that might make an interesting project some time in the future.

As for the cabs for 340, I was hoping to use left arrow view for the back cab. The engineer is pretty close to the front of the cab so there shouldn't be an issue with visibility, should be pretty close to a streetcar view. Would be nicer to be able to use BIN and just change ends, that would be great from a lot more equipment them just my doodlebug, RDCs, streetcars, and freight motors would works much better for point to point operations.

#30 Inactive_Locopainter_*

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

View Postcharland, on Jun 24 2008, 01:30 PM, said:

Hi,

Sorry about that, I wasn't aware Gino removed the 3rd PlanIt files but I see he's replaced them with MSTS screen shots.

The FJ&G bought their two combines from the DL&W about 1914 just before the DL&W started replacing the wooden side with steel. They also had a coach from them as well that later became a toolcar that might make an interesting project some time in the future.

As for the cabs for 340, I was hoping to use left arrow view for the back cab. The engineer is pretty close to the front of the cab so there shouldn't be an issue with visibility, should be pretty close to a streetcar view. Would be nicer to be able to use BIN and just change ends, that would be great from a lot more equipment them just my doodlebug, RDCs, streetcars, and freight motors would works much better for point to point operations.

I was editing my last post but you were too quick for me while I was watching cricket on TV. I leave it to Joe to improve on what you already have in mind. Personally I prefer to use the 5view as one can go right and left a bit and peek round bends, but one can lose engine sound.

I will be very interested in what Joe comes up with. I may be missing something (as usual). Getting aces aligned can be awkward for such as carriages (see recent Milwaukee set) but I don't see why a half RDC could not be joined by inflexible bar coupling (see schnabels) to another different half RDC, this would show in Conbuilder as two engines and show visually as one in MSTS. Joe is way ahead of me on couplings so I will place my bet and wait.

Before I forget, thats a lovely piece of high speed NYC track either side of Fonda for Niagaras, ESEs, a re-done #5344 and a very smart Commodore Vanderbilt streamliner to pass by as AI eye-candy.... all available on request.

This post has been edited by Locopainter: 25 June 2008 - 02:47 AM

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users