Elvas Tower: Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville - Version 1 - Full Route - Elvas Tower

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville - Version 1 - Full Route Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:23 AM

Hi Paul,

I think it did improve the frame rate for me, I'm seeing 30s that I haven't seen since I installed grass and trackside bushes. I also thought it corrected the crashing in view 4 for a while but did have a crash about the fourth time the camera pointed straight down, think that's the same issue Tim's seeing with things a bit too close to the tracks. I'll have to go in today and remove the bounding boxes from the grass and brush and see if that helps.

As for the network thing I saw this a couple of months ago, not sure why it popped up then, not sure why it popped up after changing the drivers other then it claims to be an nVidia network adapter and I went and followed the instructions and removed the nVidia drivers before installing the new ones... that's it, I'm not going to read any more instructions!

Paul :-)

#12 User is offline   streamline 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:55 AM

Hallo!
Other reasons for crashes in view 4 with the camera pointing straight down or being very close to the train could be sound source errors in the route (cure: let Route Riter check the route and correct the errors.) or errors in the s-file of the loco (use shape fixer from uktrainsim.com).

Keep on steamin'!
Dietmar

#13 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:48 AM

Paul,

With me, I am having another problem. It is not with the route - that is working just fine thank you. It has to do with your two S2's. Whenever I try to use either of them I receive an error message that says there is an error on line 162. I went into the engine file and on that line there is a single parentheses. I am not sure if that should be there or not and so I have just left it alone and gone in and substituted an RS3 for the S2's. When Rick releases his two repainted of Gaetan's S2's I will put them in the place of yours. (They are nice models by the way, as is the combine).

Paul

#14 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:30 AM

Hi Paul,

I'm having this same conversation with someone else. A couple of things to look for, the line number is commonly an indicator that you have not installed MSTS BIN, the line itself is just a lighting line. Now, the guy i'm trying to help did say he didn't have BIN installed and once he did he got past that part but fot some reason he still is having trouble.

Second thing to look for is the folder name is getting changed when run through Route-Riter or Install Reator. The folder name should be "FJ&G_S2s" and for some reason is geting changed to "FJ&GS-2s" with a dash. The activities are looking for the name without the dash and can't find that folder.

Let me know if any of this works for you, there are about 450 people out there with these files and only three people who I know of that are having trouble with them, the third is Gino, also from the beta list.

#15 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:52 PM

Paul,

I will check it out. I can rule out the bin part because I use bin all the time, wouldn't try and run the sim without it. The strange thing was that they had been working - per this picture:

Then all of a sudden they stopped and gave me that message. The only error that could be on that line would be that the parenthesis does not belong as there in nothing else on line 162 unless I mis counted. I downloaded Norm's template as well and he uses the two locomotives as well as #30 and when the program generates any activity all three locomotives are present - one as the player consist and two as static locomotives, or as an AI. I have had to change every activity I generated as a result.

Paul

#16 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:28 PM

Hi Paul,

My problem is the units work here so I have no idea how to fix it when they are starting to screw up on other systems.

Paul :-|

#17 User is offline   pnrailway 

• Superintendant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:44 PM

Paul,

I know it has to be something on my system, sort of like what was happening with the earth migrating down the slopes and onto the track, point being, it has to be system specific and I know it isn't your fault or else I wouldn't have been able to run this train before:
http://elvastower.com/user/Screen-May2008-1436.jpg

http://elvastower.com/user/Screen-May2008-1392.jpg

I just need to search to see what my system is doing to cause this.

Paul :lol: :wacko: B) B)

#18 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:48 PM

Hi Paul,

Well, I think this is the problem, the FJ&G S-2s were not MU equipped and were always facing uphill to get the best air flow over the rads. One unit was turned in about '84 before the DO sent it to work on the LASB, their hill went the other way!

I bet if you fix that everything will work as it was intended!

#19 User is offline   boundy 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: R.I.P. or just Retired

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:38 PM

Paul C;
Your route is fine for me. The only trouble I am having is with your S2's. They won't uncouple from cars front and back. I remembered how to do this from the pre bin days and using a combination of handbrakes, loco brakes, and train brakes you can uncouple. Is there any way to correct this as your locos are great looking and preform like the real thing. Best wishes for creating a masterpiece. BTW is the Brill car going to have controls at each end like the real one. Also as there are sadly no Brills in msts could you do one plain with out the bagage door in the passenger compartment for use else where. Thanks again for all your time spent bringing this to us.

#20 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 21 June 2008 - 02:02 PM

Hi David,

There is a fix for the front coupler in the library at train-sim.com, look for fjg_stfx.zip. S-2s trucks are offset from center by about 15" and of course it's easier to draw the unit with everything centered until you go and package it and post it and then remember you forgot to ajust the bounding box for the couplers!

I hope to get the Brill car to work from both ends. The FJ&G never turned their car while it was on the property, always face uphill like the S-2s, so, it really needs both cabs to work, but I've never created a working cab before. The FJ&G car is pretty unique with the extra baggage door cut in the middle of the passenger compartment, so yes, it wouldn't bee too much more of an effort to make one without the extra door, several other railroads used Brill 300s like the C&O and NYC.

I'm writing activities for the FJ&G, I'm going to create a few days worth before stopping to draw the Brill car, that will add AI traffic to the line and will also be the basis for it's own activities.

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users