Elvas Tower: Microsoft Terrain Simulator - Elvas Tower

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Microsoft Terrain Simulator Agricultural experiements continued.... Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   engineerzach 

• Conductor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:28 PM

Those shots are just amazing!!!!! <_<

I was thinking, if you ever released this to the public, of doing a Scale Rail conversion... altho I must say that your track textures are simply amazing

#12 User is offline   august1929 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:11 PM

Thank you as always Tim - the PE keeps me on my toes.

Zach, to be honest I don't think the route requires Scalerail (as nice as it is to run a route where it is used). The A&O, as envisioned by Andre, would probably have a fair bit of track with ballast fill up to the tops of the ties and off into the greenery. Scalerail tends to make a route look very new and well maintained. There would also be a practical problem in that all of the dirt crossing heights would have to be redone to bring them up to close to the rail heads - a slow and painfull job <_<.

What I am contemplating, is what has been used in the Orin Line recently released, for the A&O a second select set of track calling for different ballast textures to replace lesser used sidings with predominantly grassed over track - tho' even that would be problematic at times. A long way off anyway.

I have had to look up on how to save work on tiles with over 1600 objects (thank you Swissie ;) ) The tile with the downgrade to Kings River (the first in the last shot) was causing me problems - not any more though...

Rod

#13 User is offline   engineerzach 

• Conductor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:48 AM

thats true...

If only mark could make scalerail for the lesser used lines, with older looking ties, and maybe a little crooked here and there... and maybe lower the whole thing a bit as well, spreading out the ballast...

but I do like what you've done so far with the track, I really like the textures

#14 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

I have had to look up on how to save work on tiles with over 1600 objects (thank you Swissie smile.gif ) The tile with the downgrade to Kings River (the first in the last shot) was causing me problems - not any more though...

Rod, what is this you're talking about? I get nervous when my tile object count goes over 1000 (Santa Myrnaloya has 1090-something).

#15 User is offline   august1929 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:58 PM

Tim, I came grinding to a halt 2 nights ago, when, 3 times in a row I totally wiped out all objects from the KR Tile - I hadn't been paying attention to the object count (and I admit, I thought that Bin had taken care of that - maybe it did, increasing it to 1600). Anyway, object count was 1617 and I wasn't finished - of course, it won't let you delete and save either, so that wasn't an option (I have done that manually before in the world file to get back to a position where I can use it again <_< ).

Did a quick search on trainsim, more in hope that belief that there would be a solution, and there it was (courtesy of Swissie).

Before saving, move yourself to a white area and wait for the object count to reduce to zero, then save ;) - object count on the KR Tile now is 1701 - though I need to trim it. You just have to remember to move before saving...It was suggested by one contributor that as long as you moved outside the 9 box tile grid (presumably to a low object count tile) that would work as well.

Rod

#16 User is online   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:34 PM

I have a tile on the Cal-P w/ ~ 1700 objects and yeah, you do have to jump away to an empty set of tiles to save. If you don't you wind up w/ an empty .w file and a s/ds.

Rod, really fine work there. I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

#17 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:19 AM

Ah, good to know! It's a similar trick in loading new terrtex tiles when you have more than 64 loaded in your texture select window(Move to a tile with less items to load new terrtex.)

Thanks for the tip! <_<

#18 User is offline   august1929 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:13 AM

Be warned - it doesn't always work :(

I am around 1752 objects count and I would say 3 out of 4 times it wipes the tile.

Anyone have any additional suggestions?

BTW, here is a link to the post I am referring to.

Rod

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbts/showthrea...bjects+per+tile

#19 User is offline   Tuddley3 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:21 PM

I'm new here, and Chile Bill told me to check out the screenshot section to see the current projects. I DIDN"T EXPECT THIS !!! Holy cow :(

#20 User is offline   august1929 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:11 PM

Welcome on board :(

Friendliest and most interesting forum around - I am sure you will enjoy it.

Rod

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users