• You cannot reply to this topic

Triggers for Tracks ?? sound Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   bbb 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 02:36 PM

Hello !
I am writing to you because I have a question regarding sound triggers on Open Rail.
Is there a trigger available to detect when a train is running over a switch, similar to the trigger for rail squeal sounds?
Additionally, I am aware that the "DemoAutoSound" scripts are becoming obsolete. I was wondering if there is, or will soon be, an alternative available?
Best regards,

BBB

#2 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 08 June 2024 - 09:24 PM

Hello.
I have some doubts, that I have understood You right, so pardon, in such case.
I'd answer this way now: there is a feature, with which defined sounds can be activated, while train passes the switch or curved section (certainly, they can be different).
For this, two, or so (ttype.dat and some other, IIRC), files should be edited, *.waw files with new sounds and *.sms files for instructions for program, how to handle them - should be added.
The whole procedure is well-described in Manual (See here).
I have tried to add this improvement to one of routes and had success, using only Manual.
So, if You have asked about this - I confirm - it's possible and quite simple to do, if You have appropriate sound clips.
Such sounds may alreadu be within route sound set sometimes.

Good luck, and ask again, if my answer didn't satisfy Your interest.

#3 User is offline   ErickC 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 10 June 2024 - 10:38 PM

There has been something in-progress around this idea for the last couple months, including a new set of track SMS files that will be placed in the public domain. :)

#4 User is offline   bbb 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:msts

Posted 11 June 2024 - 01:21 AM

Hello, thank you first for your responses. When I mentioned triggers for rails like switches, I was referring to potential triggers in the locomotive's SMS files. I've already learned about the interest of using TTYPE for this, but many people tell me it's an outdated solution for 2024. For example, the sounds on curves can now be programmed directly from the locomotive's SMS files. What do you think? Can the same be done for switch sounds?
BBB

#5 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 11 June 2024 - 02:26 AM

I think, if it's really possible - that would definitely be progressive: joint/switch passing hits number and their rhytm depend on wheel configuration of the player's locomotive, as squeal - on it's wheel shortest rigid base.
I currently have just few information about mr.Newell's project, oriented to track sound's improvement, but if that's about things, we discuss here - that's gonna be good novation.
So, triggers are already here (tied to trackwork of the route), while sounds, triggered by them would be locomotive-specific.

See these topics for more information, please:
https://www.elvastow...__1#entry308755
https://www.elvastow...ve-wheel-squeal

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users