• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TSRE v8.003 Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 13 April 2024 - 01:42 AM

More than anything I meant to add a function that allows you to load the satellite TERRTEXT from the provider, with a sort of scaling, for example if I impose a measurement of 2048x2048, the photosatellite texture will be much lighter, considering that the Raster Z17 have a weight of 49mb..

More than anything in this way, the user bypasses having to reconvert the texture into DXT-1 using external programs... I'm doing it on a project of mine with 900 terrtexts (the folder only weighs 50gb...) it's not a good thing walk xD

#12 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer

Posted 13 April 2024 - 04:39 AM

There is a map image resolution setting

mapImageResolution = 2048

I have not tested this but it was already there in the 7.012 source so give it a try.

#13 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

Posted 13 April 2024 - 04:54 AM

I've yet to fully grasp what't happening in any of the terrtex or terrain code.... that's one of those areas where unfortunately a small handful of people fully understood what was going on, and one wound up being banned from this and other communities through their own actions...

I know some of you are very comfortable reading and making sense of the code. This is a place I could use some assistance from other developers and/or people really really good at math.

Feel free to take a look at the source code in GutHub and cite file and line number for places you think that might be able to be parameterized into a config settings value or a property value to be updated in realtime.

Pretty much any constant value can be turned into a Game::settingName with a value that can be a float, string or array.

#14 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 13 April 2024 - 01:48 PM

Unfortunately I am not a programming expert, my only role is in creating content such as Routes for ORTS, in fact I take advantage of this to give suggestions or indications hoping that they will be taken into consideration for future improvements..

However, I have tried that parameter several times, bringing it to 1024 for example, but the texture remains at 49mb, or it is not compatible with Mapbox otherwise I don't know, the only solution at the moment remains to convert the texture to DXT-1 format via Tgatool2A.

As for the stability of the editor, I was able to do some tests and I must say that I noticed many improvements, especially more stability with the latest updates.

However, the Activity editor continues to have its small gaps, such as on the IA Traffic, sometimes the services do not appear, and you have to delete it, redo it and reinsert it by revalidating the traffic list, that's a common issue with the TSRE5 Activity Editor from many years

#15 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

Posted 13 April 2024 - 08:39 PM

None of the coding in the activity editor has been touched.

I can fix the inputs, but without knowing what's not working within the ACT/SRV/TRF file structures, I'd just be guessing...

#16 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 14 April 2024 - 01:56 AM

Clearly up to now I have encountered these bugs on the Activity Editor. As soon as I find others bugs I will not hesitate to note them on this Thread

#17 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

Posted 14 April 2024 - 07:48 AM

There's also an official bug thread:

https://www.trainsim...8-x-bug-reports

#18 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 16 April 2024 - 01:24 PM

Thanks, i will take a look ;-)

P.s. I think that for some reason the program can corrupt the TDB, i have noticed today while i was doing some fixes on landscape on my project, maybe is the function AutoFix set on True? Fortunately i had a backup!

#19 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

Posted 16 April 2024 - 08:19 PM

Yes, I can confirm that there's been some TDB corruption again, a fix is available at Trainsim as v8.004b

See the thread there for suspected root cause.

#20 User is offline   Angelo Rosa 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 April 2024 - 01:06 AM

View PostFS.E652 091, on 16 April 2024 - 01:24 PM, said:

Thanks, i will take a look ;-)

P.s. I think that for some reason the program can corrupt the TDB, i have noticed today while i was doing some fixes on landscape on my project, maybe is the function AutoFix set on True? Fortunately i had a backup!

Yes there is. Unfortunately i didn´t had a recent backup from the TDB file. Trying to fix it with route riter but with no luck.

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users